Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Far-East

Default Far-East

There might be a good chance I'll buy this game if it has the far east in it including China and Japan. If MTW2 will have America, then it should have the rest of the world. If only Europe and America are going to be in it, I will not buy it because I've had enough of ancient European warfare no matter the graphics or affects. Americans are making this game, right? Not all Americans are European decent. I would like to see an era after the Han, and the launch of the Ming empire including its vast conquest and exploration. The Middle ages was the launch of global exploration, before Europe became the central power of the world, when Europe was equal with the rest of the world and finally discovered vital parts of it.

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Brits are making the game, not Americans...

Also, the game ends in 1530, the same year Shogun: Total War starts, so I have an idea of their expansion...
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Brits are making the game, not Americans...
    Lol. Okay that makes a lot of sense.

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

Actually it's the Auzzies this time round
    morecuriousthanbold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Acamas
    There might be a good chance I'll buy this game if it has the far east in it including China and Japan. If MTW2 will have America, then it should have the rest of the world. If only Europe and America are going to be in it, I will not buy it because I've had enough of ancient European warfare no matter the graphics or affects. Americans are making this game, right? Not all Americans are European decent. I would like to see an era after the Han, and the launch of the Ming empire including its vast conquest and exploration. The Middle ages was the launch of global exploration, before Europe became the central power of the world, when Europe was equal with the rest of the world and finally discovered vital parts of it.

Its not Shogun 2, its Medieval Total War 2, yes China, Japan had their Medieval periods as well, but the focus is Europe. Because the focus is Europe, you can argue in America, but not Japan/China. Sorry.

Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards

yea but everyone knows Australia is a wholly owned subsiduary of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

Anyway i dont think it's likely we'll see the far-East, the game is about the nations of Europe at the time, and the edge that was given to whoever managed to exploit the resources of the Americas first. Thats basicaly the selling point, China and Japan dont come into it. And i agree with this, it would result in trying to do to much at once, spreading the attention to detail too thin accross the board
    Under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal | Patron of Agraes

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

I dont like the idea of the far-east, but adding India would make alot of sense... Sultanate of Dehli anyone?

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Reidy's Avatar Let ε<0...

All this "extend the map X-amount eastward/ to include my country/ OMG why arent the Japanese in it?" is nonsense. The Game is Medieval 2: Total War. This means it is a re-make of the original Medieval, which concentrated on Western Europe and the Crusades in the middle east. The map has to end somewhere, and to me the middle east (around Baghdad-Tehran) is a great place. The crusades almost never ventured past the Holy Land in the time-frame, so there is no reason to extend the map past that point. Sure, the muslims went all the way to India, but to include India you would have to include western China, which would then need eastern china to make it seem realistic, which then requires Japan and Mongolia because of the interaction between those civilisations, etc. You would end up with a map spanding almost the whole world, with at least 50 factions (it has to be realistic, remember ), requiring hundreds if not thousands of different units. Currently, no engine CA could come up with would support that, and I doubt any TW fans could run the game without huge lag.

:sign_blah

Under the rather spiffing patronage of Justinian.
    Grandson of some fellow named the Black Prince.

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

To bes honest you could end it with Western India... The Sultanate of Dehli didnt have much involvment with China, or even eastern/southern India for that matter...

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Hansa's Avatar Campidoctor

I do not think the game should consentrate on a bigger area, definetly not the far east. This is unless CA dramatically extends the number of factions. 21 is not enough for Europe and the middle east alone, witch should have a minimum of 30 factions, to be remorely historical. Though I am no expert in asian history of the middle ages, I think the number of factions will have to be raised to at least 50, probably more for CA to add asia, with all its diversity. To just ad China, Japan or/and India whould be like a european MTW with only France, the Byzantines and the Ottomans, or similar. I agree that under the right circumstances a eurasian MTW whould be great though, incredibly great, but that implies a very high number of factions. As of now I think CA should consentrate on the area they have hinted to so far, without the americas that is, and with at least 30 factions.

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Maybe they'll have 2 expansions for MTW:

Mongol Invasion - Focuses on the Mongols till the death of, I think Subdai, and includes China, Khwarzmaria, India, Japan, and Russia

European Invasion - The conquest of America, ends in 1776 with the first independent European colony. Includes Holland, Sweden, England, Spain, France and various Native American Tribes
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Farnan
    Maybe they'll have 2 expansions for MTW:

Mongol Invasion - Focuses on the Mongols till the death of, I think Subdai, and includes China, Khwarzmaria, India, Japan, and Russia

European Invasion - The conquest of America, ends in 1776 with the first independent European colony. Includes Holland, Sweden, England, Spain, France and various Native American Tribes
    You forgot Portugal

Bwaho's Avatar Puppeteer
    From the kingdom of heaven by the powah of the holy spirit

who cares about india and china?

just add some more islamic factions and then it will be great

Yea Bwaho is right, we need islamic factions i mean why is it europe always, why can't they balance between factions, in RTW the only factions they did well was rome, and carthage a bit and the rest were'nt worked on so much so i hope they balance this time.

I also hope they make independant music for each culture, and each faction uses it's historical language like in mtw.

Ghoulem's Avatar Biarchus

But they don't respect the army-banners. They burn them
    Muhaha

I wouldn't mind a far east, but I think it would be detracting too much since there was little to no reaction between the far east and west.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honor&Glory inspired by Archer
    How much will I pay to sit in front of a TV and chase polygons?

A Far East would just screw everything up. THere's no rhyme or reason to it.

Visit my Lair at Uncyclopedia

"The truth is a trap: you can not get it without it getting you; you cannot get the truth by capturing it, only by its capturing you."
    -Kierkegaard

Slaxx Hatmen's Avatar This isn't the crisis!

I'll except India since the Timurids owned that land and there in the game. However, China, Japan and anything beyond the Hindu Kush would be stupid as those nations didint have any effect on the West in this period.
    Under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I

China could be an expansion. Or there could be two different campaigns, one with an eastern map and one in the west. European units were quite the same with little differences. You have to remember, Ghengis Khan invaded the east, all the way to the black sea and even set up Mongol kingdoms. A mongol faction is necessary even before the expansion if you want to be historicly accurate.

Scarlett Letterman's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Reidy
    All this "extend the map X-amount eastward/ to include my country/ OMG why arent the Japanese in it?" is nonsense. The Game is Medieval 2: Total War. This means it is a re-make of the original Medieval, which concentrated on Western Europe and the Crusades in the middle east. The map has to end somewhere, and to me the middle east (around Baghdad-Tehran) is a great place. The crusades almost never ventured past the Holy Land in the time-frame, so there is no reason to extend the map past that point. Sure, the muslims went all the way to India, but to include India you would have to include western China, which would then need eastern china to make it seem realistic, which then requires Japan and Mongolia because of the interaction between those civilisations, etc. You would end up with a map spanding almost the whole world, with at least 50 factions (it has to be realistic, remember ), requiring hundreds if not thousands of different units. Currently, no engine CA could come up with would support that, and I doubt any TW fans could run the game without huge lag.

:sign_blah

Haha great post. I guarantee the next TW will not be based on Europe. It'll be either China/Japan or North America. Then the next TW after that they will create the greatest strategy game ever with Napoleon Total War. What an age of video games we live in!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast