Thread: List of region_id numbers?

Bleda's Avatar Domesticus

Default List of region_id numbers?

Can anyone point me to a resource that lists all the region_id numbers, so I can change a faction's capital without scouring the ESF for a hard-to-recognize number? I've searched all through ETW TWC for such a list but I can't locate it.

Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: List of region_id numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleda View Post
    Can anyone point me to a resource that lists all the region_id numbers, so I can change a faction's capital without scouring the ESF for a hard-to-recognize number? I've searched all through ETW TWC for such a list but I can't locate it.
    esfxml is still somewhat hard to figure out at first, but once you do, things like that become super-easy.
    For example there's esf transformation script for changing capitals already.

You use it this way:

jruby esf2xml startpos.esf unpacked
    jruby scripts/faction_capital unpacked britain ireland
    jruby xml2esf unpacked new_startpos.esf

The script will find ids for you.

Quote Originally Posted by taw View Post
    esfxml is still somewhat hard to figure out at first, but once you do, things like that become super-easy.
    For example there's esf transformation script for changing capitals already.

You use it this way:

jruby esf2xml startpos.esf unpacked
    jruby scripts/faction_capital unpacked britain ireland
    jruby xml2esf unpacked new_startpos.esf

The script will find ids for you.
    well thanks for the reply. I guess this means I'm going to have learn to use one of the esf-->to xml tools. well it's back to the tutorial forums for me (even though I never really left)

Quote Originally Posted by Bleda View Post
    Careful with such things. Region IDīs change when you mod ESF with hybrid method.

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    Careful with such things. Region IDīs change when you mod ESF with hybrid method.
    Ok well that explains a lot. I'll often change a faction's capital mid-game and it doesn't always work.