Thread: Medieval ages !

Default Medieval ages !

I hope Ca introduces again the ages instead of having a full developing campaign from year 1000 to year 1550 .... that would be too unhistorical ....

better instead fragmentate into severall campaigns to me ..... so that we can have different factions for different times

here year 1000 political situation

year 1100

year 1200

year 1300

year 1400

year 1500

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Imagine having all those factions :O

"If you are going through Hell, keep going." Winston Chruchill
    “The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.” General George S. Patton quotes
    “Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.” Horace

What the hell happened in between 1200 and 1300? Looks like the Holy Roman Empire just collapsed!

"Non, je n'ai point de réponse à faire à votre général que par la bouche de mes canons et de mes fusils."
    "No, I have no answer for your general than by the mouths of my canons and rifles,"

-Louis de Buade de Frontenac, Governor of New France

Quote Originally Posted by Obershutze
    What the hell happened in between 1200 and 1300? Looks like the Holy Roman Empire just collapsed!
    Well, the H.R.E. didn't collapse as an Empire at that time period *technically* - not that I think. I mean there would have to have been someone of the H.R.E. challenging Martin Luther come the 16th Century. Although it had no flat settlements, it probably had a large significance militarily throughout Europe. I guess the map is representing the holds of some of the princes in Germany, who were really loyal to the Holy Roman Emperor until the rise of Luther and his Protestants.

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

I would like mutliple campaign start dates with different factions in each, as we saw in MTW itself.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Considering the europe through to the new world time period I believe it will be in, it was already possible in RTW...and they have less work to do (on the engine) this time around so it makes sense.
    It was always fun to reinvigorate the Byzantine Empire in the Late Ages in MTW.

GeneralLee's Avatar Senator

The best campaign ever imho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tickity tickity tank.

Political profile

I love Euratlas simply for the fact that you can get provinces for all of the nations of Europe. You can zoom in incredible amounts in the full version, and you can export the maps. The demo allows you to zoom up to full for 1800(partial zoom for 300 and 1300, others centuries are locked), which exports to roughly 10000x10000 pixels.

And isn't the breakup part of the Empire's interregnum period?
    Playwright. Thespian. Mathematician.

Quote Originally Posted by Obershutze
    The reign and death of Frederick II, that's what happened. The man was a fascinating ruler who was greatly successful and influential (speaks 9 languages, favoured free trade, believed in secular rule, and was a great patron of poetry and science). But when he died, nobody could take his place (not to mention he was elected by a group of electors who were instigated by the Pope against the excommunicated Otto IV and ruled from Sicily) and the power transfered over to an emergent, permanent class of electors.
    Last edited by Moinllieon; January 26, 2006 at 12:00 AM.

That reminds me, one thing that should happen is when there is no suitable heirs for the HRE and no real great HRE generals, it should be possible for a particularly influential king from another faction close by be elected HRE (or maybe one of his sons or something). Or if the HRE is excommunicated, it should be possible for the Pope to instigate an uprising among the HRE generals and have them declare the enemy of the HRE as the "real" Holy Roman Emperor.