Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: do we scare you (EOD's original proposal)

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default do we scare you (EOD's original proposal)

Last edited by Halie Satanus; November 17, 2008 at 02:59 PM.

what are they suposed to be

Conan the Barbarian "All anyone will remember is that few stood against many!!!"

Most men complacently accept knowledge as truth. They are sheep ruled by fear

Blog Entries

leigion for we are many

just seeing if i can entice someone with a good knowlage of codeing to help out on an end of days mod,

set in the dark ages

briton,france,germanic,moors,satanae
    screenshots
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42436
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; January 25, 2006 at 07:47 PM.

=halie satanus
    would any one be interested if there was a new faction in bi
    Those skins/models look real good, oh, I mean real EVIL!

I would actually prefer a complete mod based on a powers of darkness versus light theme.
    Lot of work though.
    Last edited by PatWest; January 26, 2006 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by halie satanus
    leigion for we are many
    I see I'm not the only one who thought that was a snappy response to Jesus.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Blog Entries

hmmm maybe something set at the time of arthurs(last true hier to rome) death,the rise of the army nation of magog scourgeing the world in preperation for the birth of the anti-christ,
    grail knights cut off in distant lands besiged on all sides by brigands and the forces of evil,
    tenuous alliences between the christian and moorish factions,

maybe if a couple of people put thier heads together they could make a start, lot of work though

oh ui cards chosenwargaurd hope thier ok(i took a shot anway)

"catervatium imperatae recoligo" - sabbath,
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; January 26, 2006 at 03:40 AM.

hmmm maybe something set at the time of arthurs(last true hier to rome) death,the rise of the army nation of magog scourgeing the world in preperation for the birth of the anti-christ,
    grail knights cut off in distant lands besiged on all sides by brigands and the forces of evil,
    tenuous alliences between the christian and moorish factions,

maybe if a couple of people put thier heads together they could make a start, lot of work though
    I think the idea of blending your ideas into an Arthurian based mod is very intriguing.
    Perhaps Mordred and company could represent one faction. Starting it during or before Uther Pendragon would allow for many possibility's. Merlin and the fairy realm for the light magic, several human factions maybe more than one faction aligned with the dark forces to allow for a falling out amongst allies? If you decide to go for a full conversion mod I would be interested in offering my modest skills to do some of the grunt work.

oh ui cards chosenwargaurd hope thier ok(i took a shot anway)
    Thanks, I'll give them a try when I get home.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Moved. Should have been posted in the Modification and Conversion Projects forum.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PatWest
    I think the idea of blending your ideas into an Arthurian based mod is very intriguing.
    Perhaps Mordred and company could represent one faction. Starting it during or before Uther Pendragon would allow for many possibility's. Merlin and the fairy realm for the light magic, several human factions maybe more than one faction aligned with the dark forces to allow for a falling out amongst allies? If you decide to go for a full conversion mod I would be interested in offering my modest skills to do some of the grunt work.

Thanks, I'll give them a try when I get home.
    ok as my capability in codeing is restricted by my lack of patience i really need someone to run that side of things,
    as i think your modesty in your own ability is a block i'd like to offer that post to you formally.

although the time period appeals greatly as it removes the restrictions of history the magic side
    makes me hesitant (there are no hounds of cullan in my celts)
    as a source for arthurian legend im basing my ideas on "arthur the king" allen massie,
    his is a more realist view of events with merlin more of a confidence man and guidence counselour

the other source is the legend of magog
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gog_and_Magog
    as i think the two storys could fit well in game.

what ive done so far is first run re-skins of all wre-english,franks-french,saxon-germans,satanae,
    some of which are here
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42436
    new banners some music and intro film
    (these are only first runs and subject to input im reluctant to put more on public show as if this takes off there needs to be some surprises!)

just out of interest the main themes im using are psalm 50 miserere mei deus(christian)and venus in furs-velvet underground (satanae)
    i hope to bring out something stylish, and challenging in game play(i hav'nt lost more than a hundred men in battle for a long time)

so are you willing to take a leap of faith so to speak?

any one else interested let me know as i think something wicked may well come this way,

Last edited by Halie Satanus; January 26, 2006 at 09:36 AM.

ok as my capability in codeing is restricted by my lack of patience i really need someone to run that side of things,
    as i think your modesty in your own ability is a block i'd like to offer that post to you formally.

Ok, maybe a little false modesty is my style. I have no doubts about what I am capable of. I also am very confident of my ability to learn rapidly. It is a simple matter of time. How much effort do I wish to apply in learning these highly specialized skills. I really want to get back to playing some. If I was to jump on board I could write all the text files for any unit you need.
    A name and the model it goes on would be all I needed to set everything up for you and then we could haggle about the stats. I don't do artwork/graphics at this time.

although the time period appeals greatly as it removes the restrictions of history the magic side
    makes me hesitant (there are no hounds of cullan in my celts)
    as a source for arthurian legend im basing my ideas on "arthur the king" allen massie,
    his is a more realist view of events with merlin more of a confidence man and guidence counselour

I thought given your avatar of choice, and the subjects of the really fine artwork you do, that some supernatural forces would be in play. After all, that Old school biblical stuff, God vs Satan is full of mystical powers. Then again this game engine isn't really designed to support that kind of thing.

just out of interest the main themes im using are psalm 50 miserere mei deus(christian)and venus in furs-velvet underground (satanae)
    i hope to bring out something stylish, and challenging in game play(i hav'nt lost more than a hundred men in battle for a long time)

so are you willing to take a leap of faith so to speak?

any one else interested let me know as i think something wicked may well come this way,
    Right at this very moment my prime goal is to put out my own mod, the main point of which is to prove something to myself and to show others what I can do. This would then, possibly, be a sort of resume. I think I'll be done with my mod in a couple of weeks.

I am still interested in the direction you are going so I will keep in contact. When and if you think you have a viable concept let me know and I'll see where I stand. People can lose interest real fast around here. I have more time than most to devote to my new hobby so if I decide to help I can get alot done for you. If I agree to join up I'll stick it out to the end. If I don't want to take it on I'll tell straight up and not leave you hanging. One other project I'd like to see get off the ground is Zulu total war.

Respectfully Yours,

PatWest

Blog Entries

cant say fairer than that ill keep pluging away (of course a full indepth photoshop skinning guide can be wrtten up as a sweetener, in true roman style :original:

as for me losing interest, not likely as ive been researching this stuff for many years as a basis
    for a novel :wink:

*as a foot note your idea for provisional campaines is very interesting (if i understand it correctly which is of course debtable) couldnt belive it hadnt already been done.

oh and sorry if you felt a bit rail-roaded it kind of was my intention :original:

Last edited by Halie Satanus; January 26, 2006 at 11:51 AM.

cant say fairer than that ill keep pluging away (of course a full indepth photoshop skinning guide can be wrtten up as a sweetener, in true roman style :original:

as for me losing interest, not likely as ive been researching this stuff for many years as a basis
    for a novel :wink:

*as a foot note your idea for provisional campaines is very interesting (if i understand it correctly which is of course debtable) couldnt belive it hadnt already been done.

oh and sorry if you felt a bit rail-roaded it kind of was my intention :original:
    Nothing to be sorry about.

I thought I had spoken a little too casually about helping and wanted to make things clearer. I've seen so many flare ups around here over comunication errors. For many english is not their first language, so just in case.

I did think you were having some fun with me, sort of the hot potato kind of play. Here I don't want this you take it. :laughing:

I forgot in which thread I discussed the mulitple campaign idea. If thats what you're referring too. I just thought that since it wasn't too hard for me to make unique descr_strat files that I could package a bunch them with a mod for a variety of startup conditions. Vanilla, Unified Rome, Advanced date Roman civil war, several handicapped starting points for a real challenge.

Once the concept is more or less complete in my head then each file would take a few hours tops. The radar maps I havn't trained myself to do, they are not entirely necessary but do add to the polish, along with full descriptions for each scenario. So maybe 4-5 hours if I figure out how to do the maps.

Blog Entries

it seems i did get your idea, i think it becomes clear after many hours spent on different factions that the ai deals with situations in predictable ways,you pretty much know that if you leave certain areas with little defence they will plod along unhindered or certain cities will always revolt your plan would definately throw a spanner into most peoples stratergy (i wonder what the latin of spanner is, might make a good name ).
    catervatim imperatae recoglio
    (generals gathered in their masses)

Last edited by Halie Satanus; March 17, 2006 at 04:49 AM.

Blog Entries

Default progress update

Last edited by Halie Satanus; March 17, 2006 at 04:50 AM.

catervatim imperatae recoglio
    (generals gathered in their masses)

though i'd do a progress report on whats done

reskined v.2 franks,wre,ere,rebel wre/ere saxons,satanae.
    new intro movie,all loading screens,all title bars,unit banners,buttons,new knights for all factions,strat map reskin,
    Nice work.
    Just like Witches at Black Masses, don't know Latin though.

wondering why no one else is posting comments here, why i'm talking to myself, and what is arsene wenger doing
    I think everybody else is too busy. This site is having some trouble too. OgresNet isn't getting their job done and it's effecting the usefuleness of this site.

What's your overall concept? How much detail have you fleshed out. I know I'm supposed to read that bit about Magog and such but that will just give me a vague sketch of where you're going with it.

Blog Entries

Default where to start!

okay i guess with a map i like sels but i also like the larger maps, room to expand is important and the basic factor there will be less factions,
    i'm basing this mod on the conceit that when rome crumbled and was abandoned by all but the church in the dark ages a satanic nation rose in the east (turkey) this fits well with many theory's from atlantis and troy back to where noah is supposed to have landed, its also where magog was/is situated in myth, and is fairly central on the map. so time frame is before arthur and uther though they could appear
    near the end tying us nicley into the greater mod scheme of things,ive really want to pair this down so the emphesis is on hard fought battles, so no peasants and faster to recruit heavy units, at the start there is a tenuous peace between the christian factions who are all at war with the satanae.

the basic story of magog is that in preperation of the anti-christ an army nation rises made up from the dregs of the earth, this gives us the opportunity to utilise the best (apart from the spartans) units from rtw and bi to forge super armies :laughing:

everything else is in the details which need to be worked out as we go,

the version ive modded looks and plays well from the intro movie into custom battles, most of the graphics work is done though i do need to reskin the french i did them white then blue then rememberd they were blue now their heading towards purple

the faction list is now....

britons,french,germans,spanish,satanae,iluminate(rebels),vatican guard(rome) and slaves,

(the iluminate are the old err and wrr linked to the britons and spanish and are the faction seen in screenshots)

i'll pm you the intro movie sometime this week, my intention was after the titles to run some quik fade replays but as they have to be rendered as tga's my very tired old comp can't handle them so i'll do it with some retouched stills
    of battle sceens,the title seqence outlines the story and sets a fairly good atmospheare along with the faction descriptions.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; February 05, 2006 at 07:26 PM.

Blog Entries

deellleeeettteeeddddd
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; March 17, 2006 at 04:51 AM.

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

looks nicely different and no u dont scare me
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

Blog Entries

Default are you sure

cheers

i bet you said that from behind the sofa

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

no i didn't

seriously though its nice to see a fantasy mod
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast