Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Version 2.6] Content Overview

XxGREAT-BRITAINx's Avatar Centenarius
    United Kingdom, Greater Manchester, Stockport, Hazel Grove

Default Re: Blue & Gray 2.6 Content Overview

The campaign map doesn't seem to look liek that in my game... diplomatically and graphically... can we have the pack to make it look as it does in this previeew please? thanks
    Field Marshal Horatio Herbert Kitchener, 1st Earl Kitchener KG, KP, GCB, OM, GCSI, GCMG, GCIE, ADC, PC (24 June 1850 – 5 June 1916), was an Irish-born British Field Marshal and proconsul who won fame for his imperial campaigns and later played a central role in the early part of the First World War, although he died halfway through it.

I realize this mod focuses on the american civil war and american factions but I think it would be neat to include other factions in the custom battles (I don't know if that's difficult?)

As far as I know there isn't any good complete mid/late 19th century mod for empire or napoleon total war.

also it would be cool to have lever action regiments (or repeating rifle, whatever they had)

captcruch's Avatar Miles

Nothing new for the 2.6.5 ? 90% of bugs fixed ? 99.9% ?
    I'm bored it's been 2 months I have not played a games + it's been almost a month it rains here

If the Yankees dare set foot in Virginia,we must show them bayonet .

2.6.5 is in testing, we try again a altered campaign file which should stop the savegame problems.
    If this not working there will be created a new campaign.
    Then we should have fixed all major problems. If there are other smaller things then they will be replaced with 3.0
    3.0 will need to uninstall all previous versions. Not one file will stay as now.

captcruch's Avatar Miles

Thx Shokh

If the Yankees dare set foot in Virginia,we must show them bayonet .

I would like to see the Southern Union regiments like the 1st and 2nd North Carolina Volunteers.

Eighty-five [White] Union army regiments were recruited in the Confederate States: 51 from Tennessee; 10 each from Arkansas and Louisiana; 4 from North Carolina and Texas; 2 from Florida; and 1 each from Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Mississippi, and Virginia.
    There was also a "Negro" regiment from South Carolina, (The 1st Volunteers I think) which was the only southern state to not recruit any white regiments. (For the Union).

I would LOVE to go up against Hood's Texans with Union loyal Texans fighting for the North. Union Louisiana regiments vs. the Louisiana Tigers, vicious.

My favorite units to fight with are the Irish Brigade and the Iron Brigade (Which I re-edited to 5 regiments a piece as in reality).

I wonder if each regiments in the Irish and Iron Brigades will be recruited individually? The 28th Mass., 63rd, 69th, 88th NY, and the 116th Penn. for the Irish Brigade like the 20th Maine is? The 2nd, 6th 7th Wisconsin Vol; 19th Indiana and 24th Mich for the Iron Brigade. Also limit the Volunteer Infantry (Militia) to 19 units (there were 32 Maine Volunteer Regiments) with the 20th being the final and only custom Maine unit. The "Fire" Zouaves (11th New York) would be a nice addition.
    The Vermont Brigade would be sweet too.

Of course to save from turning the recruitment panel into a jumbled mess, only have the regiments for the most famous units available.

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by General Kenobi SIYE View Post
    I wonder if each regiments in the Irish and Iron Brigades will be recruited individually? The 28th Mass., 63rd, 69th, 88th NY, and the 116th Penn. for the Irish Brigade like the 20th Maine is? The 2nd, 6th 7th Wisconsin Vol; 19th Indiana and 24th Mich for the Iron Brigade. Also limit the Volunteer Infantry (Militia) to 19 units (there were 32 Maine Volunteer Regiments) with the 20th being the final and only custom Maine unit. The "Fire" Zouaves (11th New York) would be a nice addition.
    The Vermont Brigade would be sweet too.

Of course to save from turning the recruitment panel into a jumbled mess, only have the regiments for the most famous units available.
    Hell no! there is no need to recruit each regiment as an individuel unit! You would have a huge unit list for recruitment, so its useless to go in with that detail. Recruiting just the iron brigade or irish brigade is enough!
    Beside that, this here is the 2.6 feedback and overview thread. If you have suggestions for 3.0, just use the right thread
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

hello i have downloaded blue and gray 2.5 and I have to say the mod is amazing but when i am playing i notice that the hats and uniforms of confederates change i think its because when i have all 20 units in my army i see that they all have farmers hats and they are less diverse and when i have 10 the uniforms are better. is there any way i could have those uniformers with 20 units

Quote Originally Posted by KingWilliamIV View Post
    hello i have downloaded blue and gray 2.5 and I have to say the mod is amazing but when i am playing i notice that the hats and uniforms of confederates change i think its because when i have all 20 units in my army i see that they all have farmers hats and they are less diverse and when i have 10 the uniforms are better. is there any way i could have those uniformers with 20 units
    Are you playing with unit size medium (200 men)?
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

KBourne's Avatar Foederatus

I don't know if this is the place, but i have to say that this mod is one hell of an improvement. I played for like euhm ?? of hours I did not sleep tbh and I enjoyed it more then the vanilla, I love the setting sivil war because I am very much interested in its history. Past years i have being looking for a rts with this setting i hoped the total war series woud bring it but no shuch luck however they came with Empire total war which was the closest i guess.

To the point i saw this mod a while back I had like a instant WOW effect instantly and I was a little frustrated that i could not make Empire to work again when i finally was able to make it work I grabbed 2 mods.

1: This mod
    2: Darthmod

However I like the dartmod to the dinesty mod isnt bad eather but to many mods would make a mess i guess, so i have a questions.

I see that you will improve your mod to 3.0

1: Will you make the vanilla campaign also playable besides your campaigns but with the same AI, sound smoke and all the goed settings of your mod ? This would be nice.
    2: Will you guys make the other nations units up to par to the settings of the sivil war in America? I mean the britishe changed there outfits during that period in the army or will this complicate it to much with the above ?

For the rest i guess i will just wait and see what 3.0 will bring because if you can manage this kind of mod like yours hats of to.

Hinkel
    Primergy
    Shokh
    OneEyeMick
    ss97slp
    Danova

However:

A couple of things nothing big doh, this is more a personal detail the intro movie is not in wide screen which is sad but maybe in the update it would be nice to have a blast of an intro movie ;-) but its nothing that important its like i said a personal little detail. The next thing is I am not sure how this comes but some standard vanilla units are still in the game on the union side and the confedrated side is this normal or did i something wrong on the installation and if it is because of the mod will this be ironed out in 3.0?

All in all this is a keeper

kind regards
    Last edited by KBourne; July 20, 2011 at 01:30 PM.

How do you download the civil war mod???

Thank you for this wonderful game!

Just downloaded the 2.6 mod. All I have to say is..........OUTSTANDING!

Why are the flags so stiff? How do I make it move?

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Why are the flags so stiff? How do I make it move?
    Because i made them stiff. And you can't do much without good modding knowledge.

I watched some ACW videos. But the flags were not stiff!

I watched some Blue and Gray videos. The flags were not stiff
    Last edited by Primergy; November 07, 2011 at 02:19 AM.

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Those were old versions.

Besides that, it's a feature not a bug.

Nate Starbuck's Avatar Libertus

This is the game I spend most of my gaming time on and I'm totally hooked.The only hitch I am having is in the campaign mode sometimes when opening saved games it crashes so I have to go back a few days to a previous saved game.It can be quite annoying when I have just defeated a large union army with my limeted Confederate force. Also cant save any of the games in Battles mode.All that said it's still an oustanding game. Cannae wait for the next installment or the one for NTW North and South.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonThe1st View Post
    I watched some ACW videos. But the flags were not stiff!

I watched some Blue and Gray videos. The flags were not stiff
    You watched all old videos, we have tons of new videos with non waving flags...

Default LAAAGGG

This is a really cool mod, and I enjoy playing it...Rather I should say enjoyED playing it. The units are just WAY too big! It causes extreme lag while i'm in a battle. I enjoyed this when I fought a native tribe with only a couple units on both sides, but then I went to Europe and fought a battle with two fully stacked armies and the units took around 5 seconds to move a couple inches. What I'm basically getting at here is, is there a way to reduce the size of the units? or the size of armies?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast