Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [EB AAR] Sweboz

Default [EB AAR] Sweboz

I have been enjoying my Sweboz campaign imensely and would like to share it with everyone. Great job EB team.

Consolidation and unification of the Northern territories 272BC -
    Starting armies and objective territories:

Both battles for the settlements were hard fought but I prevailed due to the strong general's infantry bodyguards.
    Settlements were enslaved:

Next target was Habukoz. Easy victory as the faction heir was leading the army:

With the southern provinces secured I turned my attention north. I had to leave a buffer zone and ally with the Aedui and Arverni to keep them at bay. My finances were hurting so I was in no position to advance further south risking a confrontation with the powerfull barbarians. They would have to go through Vendelicoppidos and Bacacos first before they could get to my provinces.

The island of Rugoz was poorly defended and the next easy target. So I gathered a few units led by the heir.

Another easy victory for the mighty Swboz warriors

The town of Ascaucalis was the next logical target due to location and garrison forces.

The faction heir was instrumental in all victories his bodyguard units seemed invincible.

After being in the red for most of my campaign I am once again able to make some gains and build troops and buildings.
    Here's a map.

So far so good. None of the major factions have declared war on me and the money is starting to come in. I will update soon.

Cheers.
    Last edited by DEMETRIOUS II; February 07, 2006 at 08:08 PM.

Decanus

Just a warning: Gawjam-rugoz and ascaucalis can't recruit any troops in my campaign. However I think you can build one type of unit (Wodanaz) when you build temples to the god wodan.

Great strategy. In my campaign I disbanded almost all of my army, and first captured the two northern territories. It took me a lot longer then you to get a decent empire.
    There goes the human intellect: give them an inch, and they run a mile in the wrong direction.

Off all the gauls, the belgians are the bravest ... ==> Julius Caesar

I really like the way you've put this together. I may do something similar for my Baktria campaign.

Thanks Malrubius the beta is great so far.

265 BC
    The Aedui and Arverni continue to gain strength in the south. It seems inevitable that they will confront each other, it's just a matter of time. For now they have not marched to far north to endanger my territory, although they do send small stacks once in a while. Hopefully they will go at each other soon so I can take advantage of the situation. For now the Aedui stack is menacing.

Meanwhile my northern campaign for unification of the tribes is going as planned. The Eleutheroi at Gitantaras Ostan decide to fight. Once again I am outnumbered and the faction heir will have to win the day as he is my strongest infantry. The rest are only 2 units of spearmen and a unit of archers.

The rebels throw everything at my general's unit but he holds firm. The rebel cavalry is butchered on the spot.

I have wheeled my archers to the enemy's flank to provide support to my general as he is hard pressed.

Success. My general and faction heir is able to rout the enemy. Another region has been added to my small and fragile Sweboz kingdom.

My only problem now is that I have over extended my forces. Most of my settlements have one or two units and some family members. Since the money is starting to come in I have decided to start building a defensive army in my capital in case one of my neigbours decides to march north.
    Here are the rankings against what I consider my immediate threats. It is the Romans, Aedui & Arverni. Looks like I am bottom four except production and territory. From the looks of it I have to catch up military wise as I way down and volunerable.

Europe 264BC. The Northern tribes are gathering strength.

263BC. As I am adding more military units and the upkeep is rising I have to support it financialy. I am hard pressed to build up my economy. An easy way is through gaining more territory. So I must turn my attention further north. The northern settlements are easy to hold on to and could provide the much needed funds. A spy is sent to Kimbroz to expore the garrison strength and gather intel, as I am gathering an army to march north soon.

That's it for now. I will update upon further developments later............

Keep it going, i like your style!!

Reidy's Avatar Let ε<0...

Great AAR - keep it up!

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

Very nice stuff. A EB AAR, excellent.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

Ok, I know this is going to sound stupid, but what does AAR meam?

After Action Report (describing military operations after their conclusion, a debriefing).

Ah, I see. Thanks.

This is great! I'd like to see more of these!

Here's a present for you guys, so you can all thank the guy who made this!

The UI isn't done yet, and the texture is not entirely finalized, but you'll be seeing the Argyraspidai on a battlefield near you soon enough (no, we don't have a date yet).

Epp Argyraspidai! Quick everyone start a AAR so we can get more unit sneak peaks!
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Urnamma,
    thanks for gracing my humble AAR with those nice Argyraspidai. Can't wait for the next patch as I am having some recruitment issues in my Sweboz campaign. I will continue anyways.

Thank you all for your comments.

263 BC- 261BC
    The Sweboz have been enjoying years of peace and prosperity. The campaigning and war has stoped in favour of economic improvements and efforts to restructure the government of the newly captured settlements. The tribes have been given some autonomy over their peoples and affairs. But the Sweboz are keeping a close watch.

262BC.

The Aedui have been attacked by the Romans. This comes as a surprise as I realy thought that the Arverni would surely get to them first. Now more than ever the northern barbarians must unite against a common enemy, the people of Rome. Mediolanum will surely fall and the Romans will strengthen their grip in Europe.

The Seleucid diplomats have reached Northern Europe. It seems that they are desperate to secure trade agreements to fund their war with the Bactrians and Ptolemies. They seem to be struggling fighting on two fronts.
    The agreement has been signed.

261BC
    The Romans are begining to take their offensive to another ally of ours. This time the Arverni are the target. Surely Rome can't maintain a war with two barbarian factions. It will be interesting to see the result of these latest developments.

The sneaky Romans have been able to force a ceasefile with the Aedui after the fall of Mediolanum. Now with their Northern borders secured they have turned their attention on the Arverni which pose a more immediate threat as they are now the only barbarians to share borders with the Romans.

Our worst fears have been confirmed. It would appear that the Aedui have struck a deal with the Romans. As the Romans have focused on the Arverni, the Aedui have turned their attention North and are a threatening presence. I guess we'll have to wait and see what their plans are. My forces led by the faction heir sieging Kimbroz must secure the North fast as they might need to be called in action to defend our southern most regions.

Next update will be the battle of Kimbrioz..........

Ok, I have to admit, this is somewhat entertaining. Your good at narrating.

BTW, what year is it in your game, and how many cities do you own?

Dixit ei Iesus ego sum resurrectio et vita qui credit in me et si mortuus fuerit vivet. Et omnis qui vivit et credit in me non morietur in aeternum credis hoc? John XI:XXV, XXVI

Tiro

You have a very nice way of putting across your AAR. Thank you for a good read!
    I'm curious, is it troublesome to have to crop all those pictures?

I'm sure those images would have to be a head-ache and a halve to get posted correctly!

Dixit ei Iesus ego sum resurrectio et vita qui credit in me et si mortuus fuerit vivet. Et omnis qui vivit et credit in me non morietur in aeternum credis hoc? John XI:XXV, XXVI

Right now I am year 257BC I have about 9 regions. It takes time croping some of the pictures but I have been doing it a while so it's not that bad. But there is a reason you don't see too many AARs, they are damn time consuming. I would say every update takes about 45minutes - 1hr to prepare (writing, cropping, uploading images etc.)

Thanks for the comments. I will update soon.

Cheers!

Yeah, five turns, nine cities, not bad. How many cities does the Sweboz start with?

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman102100
    Yeah, five turns, nine cities, not bad. How many cities does the Sweboz start with?

They start with 1 settlement.

Quote Originally Posted by DEMETRIOUS II
    They start with 1 settlement.
    Wow! That's impresive!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast