Thread: Online for Shogun/Medieval

Default Online for Shogun/Medieval

Hey everyone I bought Shogun Gold for 5 bucks from gamestop and I'm loving it, I actually prefer to play this than Napoleon total war. Anyway, I heard that the online element has been removed. Is it true? And is it also removed for Medieval, which I might in the future consider buying? I'm a collector of old games, and having the online element would be great!
    You fear the Unibrow. That shows RESPECT.

Default Re: Online for Shogun/Medieval

I'm afraid I have no idea about online (mine never worked in the first place) but I would really recommend getting medieval. Its so improved I'm afraid I've barely touched Shogun since I got it and that was years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Balsiefen View Post
    I'm afraid I have no idea about online (mine never worked in the first place) but I would really recommend getting medieval. Its so improved I'm afraid I've barely touched Shogun since I got it and that was years ago.
    Yeah, I see their are still some good mods being made for Medieval, besides it being 9 years old. I'll look around for a gold version for 5 bucks like I did with Shogun. Keep in mind though, Shogun was the very first in the series, and actually Creative Assembly's first major project, so it of course won't be as good as Medieval. I think they still pulled of Shogun quite well for it being made in 2000 and being CA's first real project.
    Anyone know about the online element though?

The servers were shut down years ago. There is a fake server for shogun over at the .org. It's really a case of enough people getting together and arranging a time to get online.

Quote Originally Posted by Asai Nagamasa View Post
    The servers were shut down years ago. There is a fake server for shogun over at the .org. It's really a case of enough people getting together and arranging a time to get online.
    OK Thank you. Can you tell me the website please? And what patch do u need to play online there?

You shouldn't need a patch, the gold edition should be fully patched up. Just go here: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumd...php?109-STW-MP

The "fakeserver" is what you want and all instructions are in thread. Be aware that the place is practically dead and the game is 10+ years old.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Asai Nagamasa View Post
    You shouldn't need a patch, the gold edition should be fully patched up. Just go here: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumd...php?109-STW-MP

The "fakeserver" is what you want and all instructions are in thread. Be aware that the place is practically dead and the game is 10+ years old.

Good luck.
    Thanks!