Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men Second Dev. Diary Published

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men Second Dev. Diary Published

Quote Originally Posted by ♔keneticpest♔ View Post
    Do I smell a hint of hobbit empires?

Looking forward to the release, well done! I am very much looking forward to the even greater geographical precision.

I have a question, will the dwarves have a large amount of Iron resources?
    Well Hobbits are already in the game as an ancillary. I got a Hobbit Thief after I took Umbar

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men Second Dev. Diary Published

Quote Originally Posted by Revelo View Post
    Well Hobbits are already in the game as an ancillary. I got a Hobbit Thief after I took Umbar
    I knew that, but I was wondering of a possible hobbit faction

I really can't see them including a hobbit faction.

Cinuz's Avatar Senator

Eheh it'd be funny to play as the hobbits in my opinion! Personally, I believe quite a lot of people would have a good time playing an hobbit faction even because it would be a completely new faction: as far as I know, no one ever took in consideration adding the Shire as a faction! I would already have some ideas for the hobbit units!
    Last edited by Cinuz; February 14, 2011 at 03:43 PM.

Icon3

Dear Development Team

This mod is awesome. I have played The New Shadow recently, and I would like to play the campaign as Dale. Could you make it for me?
    They could start as a horde, or in Dorwinion.. I do not care about things like few units, or bugs.. Their culture is the same with Rohan. If you want to know more, read JRR. Tolkien - The Hobbit. Dale appears in it. I would be GLAD! Thanks!

Maybe You could create an elite unit for Dale.. Bard's Company, or whatever..
    Last edited by Aradan; March 07, 2011 at 08:48 AM.

Thank you for your suggestions, the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit are the next two books on our "to-read" list.

Good thing we care about bugs and units then, so that Dale will feature in DoM as it should, including an elite unit.
    Last edited by Aradan; March 03, 2011 at 03:43 PM.

StealthEvo's Avatar Campidoctor

OMG THE HOBBIT

You have misunderstood me, I wanted You to modify The New Shadow. Not the whole, I hope there are only a few files to modify to play as Dale. If it is a hard work, then forget it, and I will wait for The Dominion of Men. When will it come? And, sorry for my bad English, I am Hungarian, and 13 years old..

But many thanks anyway.
    Last edited by Aradan; March 07, 2011 at 08:47 AM.

Oh, I see.

I'm afraid editing TNS in order to add Dale is out of the question, as we have moved on to DoM and going back would be a real waste of resources for little gain. You'll have to wait for DoM, which will be released this year; sorry for not being more specific but:
    a) it's quite hard to calculate a release date, because there are many parameters to it
    b) every time a release date is missed, there's moaning a screaming

To sum it up, DoM is coming soon-ish, please be patient!

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

I'd appreciate end of May, I'll be done with university then.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Éorl's Avatar Domesticus

Unlikely, I'd say. Sorry. We all have some cool features planned or waiting to be implemented up in our sleeves, though, so it's worth the wait. It won't be a day in may - hey, that's a BOC song, isn't it?
    I read this so called Bible, and found it to be a third rate story in which this so called 'jesus' is nothing more than a shameless lampooning of Brian, which has inspired joy and laughter in millions.
    -unknown YouTube user

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Éorl View Post
    Unlikely, I'd say. Sorry. We all have some cool features planned or waiting to be implemented up in our sleeves, though, so it's worth the wait. It won't be a day in may - hey, that's a BOC song, isn't it?
    It's alright, I have Minecraft I can waste time on, thinking of building a 1:1 scale of Helms Deep, anyone care to join in?

Many thanks again, I shall wait, and listen to reggae music. I understand everything, it was just an idea.

And.. Dear Revelo! Not really.
    Last edited by Aradan; March 07, 2011 at 08:47 AM.

Another good source for information Is the Tolkien Bestiary, if you don't use it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelo View Post
    It's alright, I have Minecraft I can waste time on, thinking of building a 1:1 scale of Helms Deep, anyone care to join in?
    Yeah, and have a hornburg cave full of zombies due to some torches that haven't been placed.
    History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.
    Karl Marx

I repeat... that all power is a trust; that we are accountable for its exercise; that from the people and for the people all springs, and all must exist.
    Benjamin Disraeli

Revelo's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by timpi View Post
    Yeah, and have a hornburg cave full of zombies due to some torches that haven't been placed.
    xD Would make it rather interesting. Instead of blasting fire we just head a "SSSSSSSSSSSSSS!"

Oh man.. I cannot wait anymore.. It is the best RTW mod.
    "Nem érdekel a valóság, mára álmodozó lettem
    Mindent, amit elkövettem, önmagamért tettem..."

A couple of requests for the next DevDiary...

I know it's been discussed here on the board, but clarification & explanation of all alliances would be good...

Again, it's been discussed, but more info on the elven problems - aging, characters, AoR's, etc - would be a godsend (and probably asking for too many spoilers!)

I'd love to hear more about Adunabar presence in the north, but this might be more appropriately covered on the forums here. For instance, will it be emulating Angmar in terms of territory?

In the first DevDiary you mentioned RK, Rohan & Dunlending settlers in and around Tharbad. No-one has mentioned this yet, and I could be getting the wrong end of the stick, but am I right in saying this is going to be another faction? A kinda 'middle-men' faction allied with neither the West or the Dark? If it is, I love it It's good to remind us that good vs. bad isn't always the case, there's also the grey area of people just trying to get on.

Would love to hear more about AoR units for Arnor, but again, might be asking for too many spoilers.

Cheers for all the hours of fun I've had playing TNS! Would love to support you guys, is there a paypal setup and/or address to send a bottle of your favourite poison?
    Emberverse: Total War - The Protectors War

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Finrod Felagund View Post
    I'd love to hear more about Adunabar presence in the north, but this might be more appropriately covered on the forums here. For instance, will it be emulating Angmar in terms of territory?
    Woulda be really interesting to know. I think there *has* to be Adűnabâr presence in Arnor to balance things. Else the RK would be terribly overpowered and just overrun Elves and Dwarves. I'd like to see an "orc only" territory. Arnor is sparsely populated and men are few but the Misty Mountains and the Mountains of Angmar are still crowded with Orcs. So, I suspect that those who came under the Shadow subdued the orcish tribes to bring war, fire and death to Arnor.

In the first DevDiary you mentioned RK, Rohan & Dunlending settlers in and around Tharbad. No-one has mentioned this yet, and I could be getting the wrong end of the stick, but am I right in saying this is going to be another faction? A kinda 'middle-men' faction allied with neither the West or the Dark? If it is, I love it It's good to remind us that good vs. bad isn't always the case, there's also the grey area of people just trying to get on.
    A new faction?! No, very very unlikely. I'm around here for years already (not TWC, but FATW in general) and I never heard anything alike. All factions that will be in game, are already included, if only as faction for CBs.
    Some have been removed, like the Orcs and (very early already) Khand. There was a map somewhere, showing the territories of all factions and there were but Dunland, Dwarves, RK, Orcs and Elves in Eriador
    Also this faction wouldn't have any justification; all the lands between the Misty Mountains and the Lhűn River, Ered Luin respectively belong righteously to the Reunited Kingdom. With the notable exception of the Shire. Even the Breelanders regarded the Kings of Arnor as their sovereign (sort of. As long as there was beer and weed they didn't really care I think ). Dunland's status is not really known, they possibly remained (sort of) independent. A faction placed between Dunland and the RK wouldn't have a chance to stand their ground and would be crushed very soon.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Tharbad faction would be unique, from a gameplay perspective, though. It stretches the lore a bit, but it would be certainly my 1st campaign (after Dale ofc) of WoM if it's really in

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast