Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men Second Dev. Diary Published

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men Second Dev. Diary Published

Fourth Age Total War: The Dominion of Men - Second Dev. Diary

Fourth Age Total War: The Dominion of Men
    Second Dev. Diary Published!

The Fourth Age publishes its second dev. diary video for the The Dominion of Men.

In this second dev. diary video we take a look at some of the focal points of The Fourth Age Total War - The Dominion of Men as well as give a few in-game shots from the current build. Some forum questions are also answered.

Feel free to give feedback and ask questions in this thread.

Last edited by Aradan; August 05, 2013 at 01:53 AM.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men Second Dev. Diary Published

Thanks for the new development diary.

A few details were touched on I did not know about, though most I did due to following the mod closely over the years. The team has great dedication for keeping at this. I and I am sure everyone else are all eagerly awaiting the day the modification is completed.

I have no questions or suggestions, the videos are great as they are.
    The Watchwords Of Midnight
    "The brave and the free fear no foe, go forth, mighty hosts of Midnight! Unto death or victory we go!"

The Midnight Chronicles

Athenogoras's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men Second Dev. Diary Published

Nice pimping there
    Looking forward to the launching of the new site
    Impressive work on the accuracy of the environment and I really love the music!

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Nice video and narrating, MoN

I have been waiting for the Second Dev Dairy to come around and finally it has. MasterOfNone makes sense in why it has taken 6 years for the finished mod to arrive with the time taken to learn the nuances of the new engine to contributing to so many other great mods (I have Viking Invasion 2 btw with DoB although havent gotten around to starting it just yet).

I was excited to learn of the innovative new inclusion of an alliance feature implemented via the Roman Senate wasnt expecting that. Just goes to show theres gonna be a ton of surprises in store in this baby. Plus love the scenic environments and the music though short complements the mod and really liked it. All in all this dev diary has stoked the fire inside me to play it even more but am glad to know that it would be releasing this year.

Just have a question though. Is there any chance of revealing any new Elite units/Bodygaurds in DoM. Loved the Guards of the Citadel,Knights of Dol Amroth and White Company for RK in TNS. And with the elves involved I hope they have something equivalent as well. Anyways guys keep up the great work, will wait for this as long as it takes.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

This is even more awesome than dev diary nr. 1!
    Can't wait!

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Quite nice to watch. I'm very excited for the next FATW release.

With each video the excitement builds! Brilliant work so far, can't wait to see more!

**RS Dev Team***Reciprocal Repper!* RIP Calvin- you will be missed

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Thanks for posting the progress of this great mod. I agree that stability is the heart of any mod. What really ruins any mod is stopping a campaign in the middle of it because of unavoidable crashes.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

The 2d is awesome! One could download the mod just to stare at the loading screens.

I don't get why FATW doesn't get nearly as much publicity as LotR TW.

All fans should advertise!!!

well done team

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    The 2d is awesome! One could download the mod just to stare at the loading screens.

I don't get why FATW doesn't get nearly as much publicity as LotR TW.

All fans should advertise!!!
    imo thats because lotr tw looks more 'developed' than fatw.
    But fatw IS awesome! Looking forward to see the next release.

Awesome!!!

Sweet.
    Is minic a gheibhean beal oscailt diog dunta!
    An open mouth often catches a closed fist!

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Quote Originally Posted by jrhindo View Post
    imo thats because lotr tw looks more 'developed' than fatw.
    But fatw IS awesome! Looking forward to see the next release.
    Doesn't look developed to me. More like a map of middle earth, modders' movie based phantasy units and a couple of unrealistic factions thrown together. The campaign felt empty to me.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Please, no mod bashing here LotR:TW, FATW and TATW have different focuses, each one having its advantages and disadvantages.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Cocroach the great View Post
    Doesn't look developed to me. More like a map of middle earth, modders' movie based phantasy units and a couple of unrealistic factions thrown together. The campaign felt empty to me.
    Thats why i used ' '

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Thanks team,very informative !

WImPyTjeH's Avatar Wimpy of the Sore Ass

This is great stuff guys, really looking forward to the next one.

Questions that might interest other fans:
    - How will you "solve" the aging problem for immortal Elves
    - Tell us more about the unique alliance system

Quote Originally Posted by WImPyTjeH View Post
    This is great stuff guys, really looking forward to the next one.

Questions that might interest other fans:
    - How will you "solve" the aging problem for immortal Elves
    - Tell us more about the unique alliance system
    I hadn't thought about the aging thing. Good catch.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast