Thread: Question about forts.

Default Question about forts.

Awesome mod Lt

Anyways, Will the prototype fort be put into SPQR 6.0? And even if it isn't, I can't seem to find a use for forts. Maybe someone can tell me how to use them to my advantage?
    Thanks.

SPQR. Best Mod out there for RTW.

Forts are pretty good for a number of things. I mostly use them to cut off the enemy re-inforcements. Build a fort then use two or three units to hold it; then the rest of your army is free to move around and take towns. I also like to set up forts close to towns that are seiged a lot. In my current campaign as the greeks I got a fort right by Apollonia? So that whenever the romans attack my town the fort can come at attack them. And vice versa. Also good for your generals in small towns. Setting up a fort and letting your general stay there will make it so he doesn't get those alchoholic traits.

Yes forts will be in 6.0,

Bascially they are used to give you an advantage if you have low numbers. Like a legion being half strength may win a battle if attacked by too large a force. They are good for choke points like mountain passes. and also good to delay the enemy a couple turns if you need that precious time to build a legion. Use you imagination. :-)
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Lt, I notice there are still some pathfinding issues. For instance, once I was playing and was defending from Gaul, and their cavalry was stuck behind the General's tent, and were easily chopped down by my triarii.

Adnan

I know. Its a problem with collision on a couple areas mainly one the rear. Its alot better than before though. Its the best I can do. No one had fixed it anything yet and you have to know how to use the settlement editor and 3dmax to fix these issues. Nobody wants to fix it so we are stuck. I did the best I could I my end. In the back of the general tent you will see to openings with no tents, yet the collison says there are tents. I have no Idea was CA did that?
    Lt_1956

That's okay Lt, you don't have to apologise. You have made probably the best mod out there, or here I should say. Everything else is perfect.

Adnan

Well I Took another look and I believe I fixed the issue with the forts, so in 6.0 there should be no issues of them getting stuck in the generals tent area.

Lt
    Lt_1956

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956
    Well I Took another look and I believe I fixed the issue with the forts, so in 6.0 there should be no issues of them getting stuck in the generals tent area.

Lt
    Your very thorough Lt, one reason why we voted for you as the best modder.

Thanks, its just that I am persistent, its seems to be a character trait I share with the Romans. lol But it has been useful in my life.

Lt
    Lt_1956

Livelee's Avatar Laetus

LT, with your permission can we use your SPQR sig as our own to show how much we love SPQR????
    Just a thought!!!
    We'll get the beer safe, then we'll outflank em!!! - Billy Bright

Quote Originally Posted by lt1956
    Thanks, its just that I am persistent, its seems to be a character trait I share with the Romans. lol But it has been useful in my life.

Lt
    Lt, are you a father? In my life I have noticed one thing, parents are very persistent, mostly fathers are though, but taking clues you have said earlier, I take you are fairly young, maybe still in college. Keep up the good work though Lt, I hope you continue to mod through out the CA games.

Adnan