Thread: missing palatina!found

Default missing palatina!found

found missing palatina script:
    recruit "light palatina" 1 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, } and not hidden_resource britain

recruit "palatina" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, } and not hidden_resource britain

just paste it in descr_building file:
    to
    army_barracks requires factions
    and
    royal_barracks requires factions

after plumbarti
    i think it will work!
    make back up...
    i will try it
    bye :wink:

Try to keep all your sayings in one post next time by using the edit button instead of just douple posting! - Trajan

it works
    but there are 2 aux palatina now...only one is heavy, other is missile?
    could someone tell me, what is the difference?
    if someone is good in history could you write a script for it??
    bye
    jeah, and if you using gersch.version..
    change plumbarti meele attack from 12...to 10<--it is the stat_sec, cause then he even stronger then legio palatina
    bye
    Last edited by Trajan; January 24, 2006 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Merged non-duplicate double post.

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

your fix just fixes the palatina problem, Gersch's version misses A LOT of other units, almost all the auxilia, and a lot of the other new units AR made. unit costs are also messed up, they are cheaper than AR's but some less capable units have HIGHER upkeeper than better units!!! including, as you pointed out, the plumbatarii, there are lotsa others like that though

look at the diff in the number of units from Gersch's version (City barracks, from coastal levies only):

recruit "coastal levies" 1 requires factions { romano_british, }
    recruit "comitatenses" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, }
    recruit "foederati infantry" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, romano_british, empire_west, }
    recruit "british legionaries" 0 requires factions { romano_british, }
    -finished here

and AR's orig:

recruit "coastal levies" 1 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, romano_british, empire_west, } and hidden_resource britain
    recruit "foederati infantry" 1 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, romano_british, empire_west, }
    recruit "foederati swords" 1 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, } and not hidden_resource britain
    recruit "foederati spearman" 1 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, } and not hidden_resource britain
    recruit "foederati_noble_swords" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, } and not hidden_resource britain
    recruit "roman infantry" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, romano_british, empire_west, } and hidden_resource britain
    recruit "light palatina" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, } and not hidden_resource britain
    recruit "gothic foederati infantry" 1 requires factions { empire_east_rebels, empire_east, } and hidden_resource bosphoran
    recruit "gothic foederati spearman" 0 requires factions { empire_east_rebels, empire_east, } and hidden_resource bosphoran
    recruit "auxilia illiricani" 0 requires factions { empire_west_rebels, empire_west, empire_east_rebels, empire_east, } and hidden_resource bosphoran

I think they used a version of desc_building that was built for the new Auxilia buildings for v4.1 but forgot to include the Auxilia bldgs?...

MY FIX as posted in the other topic, was to use AR's orig desc_buildings but it caused a crash cause Gersch's version didn't have a Saxon Champion, so I added that from AR's orig unit_desc (no prob with unit cost for Saxons) see post #28 .
    of course building costs go back to orig as in AR's vers.

also in AR's orig, palatina recruitable from "royal barracks" and light palatina from "city barracks" onwards

there are two auxilia palatinae, yes, one is described as missile (A), the other as heavy (B), but if u use them in battle palA is desc as spearman but has sword, palB is desc as heavy but has spear. or is it the other way around anyway AR said it's a minor bug, both are supposed to be heavy inf look for post #441 (Q), #442 (A) and unless I'm mistaken he's fixed that for next vers.

Good luck in trying to fix the files :original:

thx chump!

im using old files....i noticed they are better

bye
    but why cant i post as much i want Trajan??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    many people say only some words....
    shi....

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

no prob,
    this sure is the best d**n BI mod out there, and am really looking forward to v4.1.**