Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Default Re: Dark Souls

Wait wait what? You can summon Black Phantoms to do your bidding now?

No, a certain Maneater Mildred invades if you are a human. If you defeat her, you can summon her later as a normal, assisting phantom

So you can summon NPC phantoms. That also is unexpected and cool.

Aye. Anyone know where the silver knights are in Anor Londo? I want their sword. And shield. And maybe their armour...

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy With No Imagination View Post
    Aye. Anyone know where the silver knights are in Anor Londo? I want their sword. And shield. And maybe their armour...
    You have to get the lord vessel and place it on the altar in Firelink Shrine before the final areas of the game are opened up.
    One of them is when you follow the path to the left of where the first bonefire is in Anor Londo wich is where the Silver Knights are.
    You get the lord vessel by defeating the boss of Anor Londo and talking to the lady with giant boobs on the upper floor of the boss area if i remember correct.
    Last edited by Mr Kami; October 17, 2011 at 08:46 PM.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Mosquitos ? Get a bow, kill them (they're always in pairs)
    Next to having no repairbox the first time around, I was also out of arrows. I definitely made it harder than it was
    Also, don't dodge enemy, block them with a shield (unless they do that grab-then-eat-you thing)
    Done that for most of the guys; the problem was mainly a result of the bold part
    Toxic, yes, but the only guys who inflict it on you (the blow dart guys) don't respawn when you kill them
    When you kill them
    Try killing them with a crappy weapon.

It's not the hardest area, I know. The Capra Demon was harder in every way, but one just shouldn't go in there unprepared. You could say that's the case for most areas in Demon's/Dark Souls, but it's especially true for The Valley of Defilement Blighttown.

edit: Rang the second bell. Just wondering: does going into that fortresses across from Undead Parish lead to the endgame eventually? Are the other areas I've been to (Darkroot, Catacombs, etc) optional areas?
    Last edited by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze; October 18, 2011 at 02:25 AM.

Anyone know the location of a merchant or blacksmith in A.Londo? Want to g buy arrows to kill the two archers that kill me when I try to get around the cathedral...

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy With No Imagination View Post
    Anyone know the location of a merchant or blacksmith in A.Londo? Want to g buy arrows to kill the two archers that kill me when I try to get around the cathedral...
    My favorite place lol.
    There is a merchant only after those guys.
    You have to run up to them then take a quick right roll under the first arrow that he shoots at you then try to press up against him with your back against the wall and block he will hit you and fall off by himself.
    As for the large doors across the blacksmith in Undead Chapel they lead to Sen's fortress a doorway to Anor Londo and the final 10h ish of the game.
    Most areas of this game has a purpose so no i wouldnt say there are many optional areas.
    Getting the key for 20k from the blacksmith in Undead Chapel opens the large sealed door by the bonefire in Darkroot Forrest wich eventually leads to a boss that has a ring you must have in order to beat one of the final boss areas for example.
    On another note i was helping a friend in beating the Four Kings boss in New Londo Ruins today and he couldnt hurt them at all with any of his Dragon weapons for some reason?
    Tried the Dragon tooth,Dragon Great Sword and Dragon King Great Axe non of them even touched that boss.
    I used the Giant Halberd to defeat them so i never tried the Dragon weapons myself anyone else experienced this?
    Last edited by Mr Kami; October 18, 2011 at 09:36 AM.

*looks at time spent*
    45.5 hours in and not even at the end of the game.
    Yep, some people are indeed weird Kinda awesome, though.

I sincerly doubt that's done without some sort of cheating still an impressive feat

Quote Originally Posted by Kamos View Post
    So you can summon NPC phantoms. That also is unexpected and cool.
    Yea, but some of them are pretty crap though. Against Quelaag, I summoned the Maneater guy/chick. Instead of helping me, he starts walking towards the fog gate all of a sudden, and just keeps trying to walk through that door. Yea, not very helpful

Also, does anyone else think that summoning other players is really not that good ? The amount of HP the boss has also increases, pretty much undoing the good from summoning players.

Is it a one shot deal or can you just do it whenever?

kaiser1993's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    Also, does anyone else think that summoning other players is really not that good ? The amount of HP the boss has also increases, pretty much undoing the good from summoning players.
    Summoning is really good for me, killed two bosses now with the help of other people.
    If they know bosses weaknesess its very useful, I had a guy using heavy souls arrows helping me
    against Quelaag. He was range and I was melee, Quelaag dead in about 3 minutes.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/10/18/join...of-dark-souls/
    Some cool info about covenants and online play, I haven't been invaded at all online and
    I'm way of the white so it must be true.

And Demons domain, what the hell. I'm scared to think of what bosses are in there.

Thank God I joined the way of white.

Btw, on summoning NPCs: I summoned that witch right before the Moonlight Butterfly. I didn't have to do anything in the entire fight.

Ive been playing Anor Londo as a phantom, trying to get humanity to summon some help. Im having trouble deciding which boss I should eliminate last, as Ornstein is the real problem, but if you kill him last his armor becomes available. Oh, and anyone know how to get the first bonefire's keeper armor in anor londo?

Just killed the Anor Londo bosses, with the help of 2 other players. I take back my words, they were so helpful this fight.

The spear guy boss is extremely weak if you fight him one on one. He literally only did normal spear attacks against me (that you can easily block), and after a 3-hit "combo", he has to take a moment to rest. The other guy then got lightning and he became too scary so I just stood back and fired some fireballs while the other guys casted some magic ring things

Is it a one shot deal or can you just do it whenever?
    I think you can summon them multiple times

The Catacombs were difficult enough, but the boss was a joke. I had him in 1 run.

Any idea what I need to do next? Areas currently open: New Londo Ruins, Darkroot Basin, Tomb of Giants, Valley of Drakes, that one area below blighttown (with "Demon" in its name) and Sen's Fortress

If you want to continue with the story, take Sen's Fortress.

If not, then take Darkroot Basin. Also, is there even a boss in Valley of Drakes ?