Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Default Re: Dark Souls

Warrior. Good starting stats, high dex and strength, pretty good starting class.
    Oh, and the longsword of the warrior can thrust. The Knight's broadsword cant, making it crappy.

Mr Kami's Avatar Ordinarius

Any class that starts off as level 1 i think it's the Pyro in this game.
    As for good farming areas Valley of Drakes is quite good if you have some good ranged magic to hit the Wyverns with.
    Kicked Quelaag's ass last night,dont think i have ever seen so many player msg's about incredible chest ahead and must use two hands

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kami View Post
    Any class that starts off as level 1 i think it's the Pyro in this game.
    As for good farming areas Valley of Drakes is quite good if you have some good ranged magic to hit the Wyverns with.
    Kicked Quelaag's ass last night,dont think i have ever seen so many player msg's about incredible chest ahead and must use two hands
    I heavily recommend to use the warrior, or perhaps the knight. I chose the pyro, but I still use melee to fight like 95% of all enemies. Spells are pretty expensive, and I don't find magic is all that powerful so far. With a fireball (Int is lvl 15 or so, and I upgraded the pyro hand to +3 I think) I deal around 160 damage. If I wield my halberd with 2 hands I deal around 110 damage. Not a very big margin, especially because you can only use fireball 8 times before having to replenish it, it's range is very short and it takes a LONG time to cast. Actually, I find firebombs to be better overall than my fireball spell, which is not how it should be Also, get the heal miracle as fast as you can, in case you run low on Est Flasks.

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

I choose a Warrior, up to the fat thing that starts with T on the bridge. Got there without to much problems. Where do I find the heal miracle?
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

Just found the best farming area i have come across sofar.
    The sealed door in Darkroot forrest by the bonefire,opened with the seal bought from the blacksmith for 20k.
    Enemies in there give you 2k souls per kill and its extremely easy to farm them since all you have to do is push them off a cliff one by one
    As for the heal miracle you can buy it from the vendor in Firelink shrine the fat guy with a mace.
    Last edited by Mr Kami; October 13, 2011 at 01:40 PM.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Well, I got this game today, as promised.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I'm currently at the bonfire just above (literally) the blacksmith in the Undead Parish. Going the other way (as in, down) wasn't an option for my wanderer because of those darn shrine-of-storms-reminiscent-skeletons. Anyhow, I "defeated" the Taurus Demon on that wall rather cheaply, since it suicided by running off the wall. That was after it had pushed me off, of course, so I did get the souls but I had to run all the way back from the bonfire in the Undead Burg. So far I'm absolutely loving the game; a definite improvement over Demon's Souls in every single way. I had expected the bonfires to make stuff easy, but in reality they're just placed in between what in Demon's Souls would be "levels", so they basically act as nothing more than Archstones.

The thing is, the entire "Undead" level is absolutelyt amazing. Then the game goes underground and everything sucks

Nah just kidding, though blighttow is a . How the hell did I get toxic ?

And before I went to Blicht, I wanted to get the Heal miracle. Ofcourse just then, the 3 guys decided to leave. Mofoes !

I killed Alvina the cat in the Darkroot Forest to Great Grey wolf Sif. I need to get pardoned, asap, the amount of invasions is INTENSE!

Well since everyone who did a covenant with her got a ring to wear that makes you invade anyone who tresspasses on that area i can imagine.
    Is anyone in the Anor Londo area?
    Incredibly annoying level with healing giant iron golems everywhere that's got like 1500hp each.

Not to mention you have to face off against two frkin bosses simultaneously at the end of it.
    Last edited by Mr Kami; October 15, 2011 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kami View Post
    Well since everyone who did a covenant with her got a ring to wear that makes you invade anyone who tresspasses on that area i can imagine.
    Is anyone in the Anor Londo area?
    Incredibly annoying level with healing giant iron golems everywhere that's got like 1500hp each.

Not to mention you have to face off against two frkin bosses simultaneously at the end of it.
    How does one get there? I has no idea

From beating Sens Fortress trough a portal.
    You know the huge gate reached by passing the bonefire above the blacksmith in the Undead Asylum.
    Used to be one of those Onion Knights waiting outside the gate before it opened.
    You have to ring the second bell in Blighttown to open it.
    You truly get the feel that the end is closing in when you reach Sens Fortress,place is one massive deathtrap.
    Anor Londo makes Sens Fortress look like a kindergarden playground.
    I hate the place
    I did get Havels armor from it though wich is like wearing a small sedan.
    Incredibly heavy armor think i reached 75 something in equip load when using it with just a dark knight two hander.
    Thank god for Havels ring.
    Last edited by Mr Kami; October 15, 2011 at 08:57 AM.

Anyone else use the Zweihander? I find it does pretty good damage, it's good for taking out the Black Knights, plus it has really good reach.

I use the Black Knight Greatsword sometimes, though I can only use it with 2 hands. Most of the time I block, take it with two hands and attack. Does some pretty insane damage

I also got the Ioina Katana, which seems to have an insane combo boost or something ?

I just defeated the Capra Demon.

Shall I vent my rage over that fight here? It took me some 14 tries
    Last edited by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze; October 15, 2011 at 10:43 AM.

Is armour more effective in Dark Souls? Or is having a quicker roll a lot better?
    Formally Mozart, \o/ Steve Holt!

Roll. Definatley roll. Agility over armour every time

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart View Post
    Is armour more effective in Dark Souls? Or is having a quicker roll a lot better?
    I've always, both in Demon's Souls and Dark Souls, found the Wanderer type to be my preferred build: light to medium armour, lots of dodging and rolling and curved weapons & bows. Just pump dexterity and you're good to go.
    I just never found the "heavyweight" builds to be as effective as that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guy With No Imagination View Post
    Roll. Definatley roll. Agility over armour every time
    Yes, but this time armour actually has some benefits. More defence (obviously), but also hyper-armour sometimes (for instance arrows don't interrupt your attacks sometimes). Also, you can wield quite some armour if you use some endurance-boosting rings

Sure light equipment is good but does it have style? Nothing beat the Old Kings armor in Demon Souks.

The more poise armor has the less will you get interrupted by attacks.
    Bosses wont knock you to the ground as easily either.
    I am currently using Havels armour wich to my understanding has one of the heaviest defensive attributes in the game and it's quite effective i can trade blows with most bosses.
    Having a +5 tower shield dont hurt either not much gets trough that.
    Just found a Dragon great sword in Ash Lake that hits for 360 and has some insane second attack wich litteraly shakes the ground.
    Love the weapons in this game.