Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls

Default Re: Dark Souls

Quote Originally Posted by beckyolt View Post
    Dark Knights seem fairly simple to kill.

What made Moonlight Butterfly so hard is the fact that there's no cover, you will accidentally mess up the rolling a few times, and that'll force you to use flasks. It'll end up as an attrition battle, one the butterfly frequently wins

Oh, and Bee, ... don't know what were talking about, I thought Capra was a piece of cake to beat.
    You had problems with MB but thought capra was a piece o cake ?

Holy

Yep. Those two dogs with him are really annoying and made me die two or three times, but after you kill them it's pretty simple to avoid Capra's attacks and kill him. Those stairs on the left side of the room really help.
    EA Releases its version of Cyberpunk 2077 trailer
    ˙ǝsɐǝןd „ƃuıןןoɹʇ„ ǝuıɟǝp

alexanderswift's Avatar Senator

You're certainly an odd one, Moonlight Butterfly is hard as hell but Capra is easy... I'm gonna be very interested to hear what you think of the later bosses hah.

Havel is such a joke, especially once you realize he won't actually leave the tower and you can just kite him but it's certainly an exhilarating fight. Slip up and you're pretty much flattened.

I've run out of steam on my current character, thinking of rolling a new one. Any suggestions? Considering doing dex/support sorcery but might go for another pally style build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    Don't try and kill my internet joy.

It is all I have.

Not really a build but have you tried some roleplaying ? Like start off as a knight and only increase vit, end, str and faith. And keep the initial equipment. Obviously only rings that suit a knight so no ninja flips.

I gave an example of knight role-playing but you could also use a thief or a bandit or w/e
    Last edited by Killerbee; June 23, 2012 at 03:12 PM.

Eh, I've given it some thought and in most games I'm usually all for it but I dunno about Dark Souls. There's so few opportunities (If any really) to make actual roleplaying choices it'd be kinda weird. Though, could be interesting to try. A ninja might be fun, katana, shadow set dark wood grain ring and maybe the ring of fog? Hm...

It is all I have.

I hate Havel and his stupid bell end club.

Why? He's a pretty interesting character in the lore, I've always liked him as a boss too.

It is all I have.

You could just become Solaire for role-playing, or Lautrec, I see plenty of people doing that.

Yea I also thought Solaire but then you have to kill the poor guy

Hell, I opened that magical door in the center of Darkroot Garden with that 20k crest... holy crap. Wtf are those phantom-like enemies? They're insanely tough.

Forest Guardians or something, if you're playing online you'll get invaded there a looooooooot. There's a covenant on the other side if you can make it there. Great place for farming souls though.

It is all I have.

Guess I'll just proceed to the Depths and leave that area for later. Ugh, what a great waste of 20,000 souls

Those strange frog-like demon in the Depths, is it just me or when they release that mist it's an insta-kill? ( or maybe it was because I was already quite wounded )

Yeah you'll be hard pressed doing it early, you'll easily be able to make back those souls tenfold when you're high enough to kill them quickly. There's another way in to get to the covenant so you don't have to deal with the phantoms though.

It's a curse, a small bar will fill up like bleed or poison the only difference is you'll die and respawn with half your health. Pretty brutal but a spear will make short work of them having humanity points will increase your resistance to it somewhat since there isn't much good armour for it yet.

Edit: And while I'm here, Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition has been released for pre-purchase on Steam!

I doubt I'll get it for PC but I totally forgot how close it was to being released.
    Last edited by alexanderswift; July 14, 2012 at 11:54 AM.

It is all I have.

Yea those frogs are a ing pest. Keep in mind that the Ring of Favor and Protection (if you killed the golden knight) boosts your hp also when cursed. A Cling Ring for Dark Souls if you will

I usually put it on when I first can and don't take it off the rest of the game, definitely worth the slot in PvE. The area with the frogs is entirely optional anyway, the ring you get from it is kinda meh anyway. Does alright to offset the longer stretches in Blighttown but kind of a wasted slot.

It is all I have.

Ulyaoth's Avatar Truly a God Amongst Men

I just saw this game on Steam a few days ago, is it the exact same game coming to PC or a standalone spinoff thing? BTW, is this in any way better than Demon's Souls because honestly I didn't like that much.
    I'm cold, and there are wolves after me.

Under the Patronage of the Almighty Justinian

Same game with expanded content.

Same game with the new content included. I'd heard everyone say it's a lot better but I've never played DeSouls myself.

Edit: Ninja'd.

It is all I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyaoth View Post
    I just saw this game on Steam a few days ago, is it the exact same game coming to PC or a standalone spinoff thing? BTW, is this in any way better than Demon's Souls because honestly I didn't like that much.
    Then you probably won't like Dark Souls. It's pretty much Demon's Souls 2.

Why didn't you like it BTW?

Same game with the new content included. I'd heard everyone say it's a lot better but I've never played DeSouls myself.
    TBH I think Demon's Souls did some things better . I thought the mood, ambient sounds were far better in Demon's, for example. The storyline, although still minimal, isn't as ing confusing as DaS', either.

The story of Dark Souls is so much fun though, I don't think I've enjoyed a plot so much in a video game.

It is all I have.