Thread: Hollywood Mogul 4 Kickstarter Page!

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Hollywood Mogul 4 Kickstarter Page!

Hey Everyone,

I'm not sure if you ever heard of this series, but it's essentially a one man developing crew from Carey DeVuono (goes by HM Designer) that, in a nutshell, is a Simulation txt based game of running your own Movie Studio.

The past editions have been great, and I was always a huge fan of the series, so to find out that the tight-knit community of the HM fanbase has finally convinced Carey to give it another go at the series by making HM4 is pretty cool.

Luckily with the beauty of kickstarter, this can now be a reality for him, and hopefully for us down the line so we can play it, heh. So feel free to check out all the details on his kickstarter page here and hopefully spread the word as well if you can and naturally back it if you can spare the cash.

Of course if this is something not up your alley, understandable too.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Hollywood Mogul 4 Kickstarter Page!

I find it utterly amazing how someone can ask for $120,000 for a game that looks like it was made by a teenager who just took up programming, for real these are the kinds of games you make when you start off programming.

A text based game in 2013 with listboxes and stuff? I mean holy , I need to get on this kickstarter thing. I could make a 2D game like that and I wouldn't need $120,000 or the 15-18 months he's asking for.

I see there's already $5,000 pledged, I mean jesus I'd happily make a kickstarter, ask for a tiny amount of $5,000, offer one of the games I've made for my degree and laugh my ass off all the way to the bank.

Good on the guy if he gets this, some crazy ass mother ers out there.

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

lol to each his own I guess...

I mean the Football Manager series does pretty well and that's a text based game with drop down menus and such.

In the end it all comes down to the pitch, I've played this developer's past games of this series and their fun, but again sim based games are not for everyone.

All I'm simply doing is spreading the word to gaming sites I've always visited cause in the end of the day, that's what we like to do, is play games right?

If he gets the backing great, than that means people want this kind of game, if not than people were pretty much in the same opinion as you .Mitch, heh.

In the end, it's all up to us to see whether or not we want to play this game, and if we do people will fund it. .

The general idea seems to be good, it's commendable that one guy is doing all the work on it, and I wouldn't have any problem with text-based/simulation games, but seriously... $120.000 is too much to ask for this, imho. Especially when you compare it to other Kickstarter projects like Forsaken Fortress that are worked on by noticeably more people and that offer a vastly greater overall content for even less backing money ($100k was the original goal).
    Last edited by Tankfriend; February 01, 2013 at 09:51 AM.

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    The general idea seems to be good, it's commendable that one guy is doing all the work on it, and I wouldn't have any problem with text-based/simulation games, but seriously... $120.000
    Yea... I hear ya, I even suggested that to him in the unoffiical community forums we have going that to try to ask for as minimum as possible you need to get this baby funded. (even gave an example of the indie game: FTL which asked for 10,000 and got a massive 250K I think by the time it ended..)

I guess that's what it was for him as everybody's situation is different financially.
    Last edited by mp84; February 01, 2013 at 03:56 PM.