Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recruitment - all units available!

Default Recruitment - all units available!

OK, for all those (like me) who don't have time or patience to play multiple campaigns with same factions in order to see all COW units I've modified attached file so you can, after extraction to COW data folder, do the following (only for version 1.4.2 & 1.4.4 compatible):

1. Recruit all special units that belong to that faction (with all factions) like any other (when you meet building requirements).

2. Recruit all mercenaries that belong to that faction, (empire can't hire chaos dwarves for example) with most empire and all other non empire factions (when you meet building requirements).

3. Build chapters and recruit all empire knights (with all empire factions)

4. If you like rats, you will probably like this file, as a special treat, I implemented five skaven units that creators of this wonderfull mod left out. You should be able to hire them with most factions (soon with all) that can build mercenary camps.

5. This latest file unifies all previous files, and further more, now you can recruit heavy free company and cursed company.

6. Second file (alternate) gives you almost all the same things (+two more mercs for all empire factions); but the main difference is that in this file construction of buildings is somewhat shorter. If you play short campaign, you rarely can see all that game has too offer because town development takes too long. So for those who can't wait 12 turns to build that huge cathedral - this is a file for you.

P.S. Save your original files; will also upload clean file (if I manage to find it).

You can't recruit all mercenaries with every empire faction, because, when I enabled it it was to much for game to handle and had constant crashes.

If someone wants all mercenaries with some other empire faction, you can further modify this file (but not too much). If you don't know how, post me and I'll do it when I have time.
    Last edited by antherak; February 18, 2011 at 08:51 AM.

RedDwarf's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Recruitment - all units available!

Not an empire user But +Rep
    "When In doubt? Belive the person with the bloodier weapon!"
    "When you need to shoot. Shoot, don't talk!" Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by RedDwarf View Post
    Not an empire user But +Rep
    Don't worry, you have here specials and mercenaries for all non empire factions

Leonidas480bc's Avatar Semisalis

I can't recruit the He mage

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas480bc View Post
    I can't recruit the He mage
    Do you have tower of philosophy 2 (upgrade), and do you have it in one of the main towns (ones you have at the beginning)? And, of course, you probably know that you can't recruit any HE unit during winter. If you have met all the requirements (tower and town) you should be able to hire it. I'll check it out today and let you know.
    Last edited by antherak; February 03, 2011 at 07:20 AM.

Hi excellent mod btw looking for something like this, i inoticed when playing vamp counts the blood dragons appear first turn. How do i build the also where is the necromancer daemon prince i looked at builing browser but it dosent say what tier/building i need for theese guys are they aailable and if so what building/tier do i need i also thought blood dragons might be specific to the blood keep still nope.Also are giants(orks) dameon princes(chaos) there or they been left till later or not included?

other than that seems to work bright wizards available to empire faction i tested and kreel units available form the first turn. also good work mate i dont like waiting on specials via scrpt dont care if unit is OP want it for 4000 and 4 turn trianing lol.

good work ill + rep u
    Last edited by goblinking; February 03, 2011 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goblinking View Post
    Hi excellent mod btw looking for something like this, i inoticed when playing vamp counts the blood dragons appear first turn. How do i build the also where is the necromancer daemon prince i looked at builing browser but it dosent say what tier/building i need for theese guys are they aailable and if so what building/tier do i need i also thought blood dragons might be specific to the blood keep still nope.Also are giants(orks) dameon princes(chaos) there or they been left till later or not included?

other than that seems to work bright wizards available to empire faction i tested and kreel units available form the first turn. also good work mate i dont like waiting on specials via scrpt dont care if unit is OP want it for 4000 and 4 turn trianing lol.

good work ill + rep u
    For necromancer (that is vampire mage, right?) you must have at least graveyard level 4 or 5. They should be available. I somehow missed daemon and giants, I'll add them this evening and upload new file
    Last edited by antherak; February 03, 2011 at 12:42 PM.

OK I got them now, i had everything you posted but it took a few turns to register i guess. I added it in the middle of my campaign. I have to wait 15 turns and another 7 to actually recruit them. I might as well start a new campaign and just add 1 unit of them to my army.

Hi, I´tried to use the archive, copy and paste that in data folder, but when I launch the game i have a CTD before the introduction video.
    Is this mod compatible with the 1.41 version?
    Is savegame compatible?

Thanks for your help.

OK I got them now, i had everything you posted but it took a few turns to register i guess. I added it in the middle of my campaign. I have to wait 15 turns and another 7 to actually recruit them. I might as well start a new campaign and just add 1 unit of them to my army.
    I know how you feel, it takes 8 turns for recruiting bright wizards, and 10 for a steam tank (not mentioning time it takes to get all needed buildings)

Quote Originally Posted by pacres83 View Post
    Hi, I´tried to use the archive, copy and paste that in data folder, but when I launch the game i have a CTD before the introduction video.
    Is this mod compatible with the 1.41 version?
    Is savegame compatible?

Thanks for your help.
    I forgot to mention (will remedy that immediately), this is only for 1.4.2 version; and for those who have it, it is (at least for me) save compatible.

How hard would it be to make mercenaries that the HE can recruit or would that be beneath them. I remember reading one of the Mercenary info cards saying its leader had worked for the HE.

How hard would it be to make mercenaries that the HE can recruit or would that be beneath them. I remember reading one of the Mercenary info cards saying its leader had worked for the HE.
    Well, I can try to add some plausible mercenaries to HE buildings (free company mercenaries and their archers maybe?). Don't know will game remain stable, but I'll give it a shot.
    Last edited by antherak; February 03, 2011 at 05:24 PM.

New file, with some skaven available!

I pretty much just want Bernhard and his Grudgebringers recruitable for Dwarfs in the Campaign. How would I do this?

Quote Originally Posted by urkdrengi View Post
    I pretty much just want Bernhard and his Grudgebringers recruitable for Dwarfs in the Campaign. How would I do this?
    In export_descr_buildings find string that goes something like this:
    recruit_pool "Grudgebr inf" 1 0.1 2 2 requires factions { spain, } and event_counter vancam_capitan 1 and event_counter vancam_spain 1

and then copy it inside the buildings (obviusly dwarven) you want your mercenary to be available from (baracks, temple...). Then delete everything behind the brackets, or change 1 to 0. Then, delete country that is curently iniside the brackets and ad greek. It should look something like this:

}
    ; Empire
    building barracks
    {
    levels barracks_1 barracks_2 barracks_3 barracks_4 barracks_5
    {
    barracks_1 requires factions { southern_european, russia, greek, england, }
    {
    capability
    {
    recruit_pool "Grudgebr inf" 1 0.1 2 2 requires factions { greek, }
    recruit_pool "Kislev Spear" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { russia, } and building_present_min_level smith smith_3
    recruit_pool "Kreml guard" 1 0.033 1 0 requires factions { russia, } and building_present_min_level smith smith_6
    recruit_pool "Kislev Aleb" 1 0.1 1 0 requires factions { russia, }
    etc....

You must put that string in every level of the baracks (1 trough 5). Do the same with other Grudgebr. units

If that doesn't work, then go in export_descr_unit file, find units you need, and under ownership string add greek.

P.S. Save your original file so you can revert if something goes wrong.

Awesome. Thanks Antherak

Quote Originally Posted by urkdrengi View Post
    Awesome. Thanks Antherak
    No prob. It is possible that 1 or 2 turns must pass before you can recruit them, until file integrates
    Last edited by antherak; February 04, 2011 at 05:41 PM.

OK, I really like skaven, but they are obviously too powerful (especially warp throwers) . I plan to ton them down a bit. I can do this either by lowering their stats or making them more expensive and their training longer. For you who tried skaven file, post here what do you think is better course of action?

Quote Originally Posted by antherak View Post
    OK, I really like skaven, but they are obviously too powerful (especially warp throwers) . I plan to ton them down a bit. I can do this either by lowering their stats or making them more expensive and their training longer. For you who tried skaven file, post here what do you think is better course of action?
    i recommend toning down the kill spread and or morale penalty of the warp fire throwers they far to powerful bring it in line with the magic of other nations aka mages and also necromancer magic roughly same price and build times for balance mabye slightly cheaper than mages as they quite slow movment and skaven need something to counter supeerior quality as the skavens as they are run away too often(understanably of course COWARDLY RATS!).

a question about magic and warp fire is it prone to friendly fire make warpfire affect allies so it needs to be carefully placed as thta thing is prone to malfucntion? in warhammer lore i rmeber it blowing apart entire units at a time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast