Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bows 'n strings

smoke's Avatar Positively positive

Default Bows 'n strings

Archery fanatics rejoice. Bows have strings now, so it seems.

Check out this screen http://www.sega.com/games/title/medi...dieval2_02.jpg
    CAVE CANEM

"CA forced me to buy RTW2. CA made my buy all DLC's. Even the free ones. CA made me push the button."

Yes, but we should have an excelent performance to play it with all those features.
    New pics on 24/4/2007

The next question is, do the strings bend, and will this cause just another modding headache and/or broken bug of unit pathfinding, or AI performance?

Yay! As an official bow fanatic i'm pleased, Mr.Smoke sir.
    浪人 - 二天一

We'll see if they bend...if they do it is really really great
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Just made that post in another topic, didn't see this one.

It's a beautiful, beautiful day.

i hope they make the longbowmen as powerful and effective as they were in real life during the 1100s. They were to the british what the air force is to the US today. the reason why they win their wars even if it sometimes produce friendly fire.

I'd much rather see bowmen hold their bows properly before strings are attached...

Default bendable bow strings

well guys, i have some sad news, NO BENDABLE BOWSTRINGS . this screenshot proves it. http://www.sega.com/games/game_scree...dieval2_02.jpg .Notice that the bowmen have already pulled the strings back, but the strings arent bending .

Reidy's Avatar Let ε<0...

Quote Originally Posted by BloodySarmatian
    well guys, i have some sad news, NO BENDABLE BOWSTRINGS . this screenshot proves it. http://www.sega.com/games/game_scree...dieval2_02.jpg .Notice that the bowmen have already pulled the strings back, but the strings arent bending .
    They may not have made that animation yet though.
    Last edited by Reidy; January 23, 2006 at 04:41 PM. Reason: typos

Now hold on a second, the game just got announced a week ago, dont pop a frozen pizza in an oven, count to 3 and pull it out expecting to eat perfect itallion pizza, heck no! You gotta give her time, im sure that CA will have the option of bow strings ( bendable and such ) in the options, because alot of it and it might cause some good lag.

Wes

I'm astounded that people actually care about this.

cudakite's Avatar Centenarius

How do we know they didn't just lose the volley? the arrows already left

CLICKY

Maybe this screen was taken when they were working on it...for now i think we should only be happy to see another feature of MTW2 that adds realism on the aesthetic point of view, just like the new skins... :wink:

Stat rosa pristina nomine nomina nuda tenemus

Quote Originally Posted by HalfThere
    I'm astounded that people actually care about this.
    Me as well - just played some RTW again after having heard some good things about 1.5 - the enemy general charged right into the front of my triarii just like in 1.0, so I quit slightly depressed.

Regarding bugs like that, I can't understand why anyone cares if bow strings bend.

Quote Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli
    Me as well - just played some RTW again after having heard some good things about 1.5 - the enemy general charged right into the front of my triarii just like in 1.0, so I quit slightly depressed.

Regarding bugs like that, I can't understand why anyone cares if bow strings bend.

LOL so true. We just have to whine louder then them so we get what we want instead of their bendable bow stings.

IMPROVE AI

i hope they release some screenshots of english longbowmen soon. and i hope their strings bend too. we care because we just want the game to be visually perfect, the more attention to detail they have the better. other bugs can be fixed later...
    hope they fix the ha animation and they make it look more realistic. the mongols are gonna be interesting to play as.

Quote Originally Posted by Niccolo Machiavelli

I can't understand why people don't care how troops hold their weapons.

The default firing animation is wrong, no way about it, wrong wrong wrong.

Knights could not hold a lance like that.

And the default animation for holding a sword/axe/mace/whatever looks so bloody painful.

Moin Moin,

sense of time ???

action and quantity instead of quality !

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Quote Originally Posted by Chuffy
    I can't understand why people don't care how troops hold their weapons.

The default firing animation is wrong, no way about it, wrong wrong wrong.

Knights could not hold a lance like that.

And the default animation for holding a sword/axe/mace/whatever looks so bloody painful.
    I agree. Look at the guy at the left bottom here: http://media.pc.ign.com/media/800/80...g_3334063.html
    It looks so... gay... And the hands look so TINY...

I also agree there's a lot of development time left for CA to fix issues like these but what's worrying me is that the way people hold swords/whatever looks the exact same way as in RTW, which means chances are they're gonna keep it that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast