Thread: Ran No Jidai FAQ

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Default Ran No Jidai FAQ

Asterix Edit:

Please post your questions below and the RNJ team will try to answer as best as possible

The RNJ team is ready to answer any questions you might have about the mod.

When is the open beta coming out?

"Watch this space"

Anyway.. How do you plan to incorporate the protectorate system?

Protectorates should function normally there were vasallages of semi-independent lords like Tokugawa throughout the whole period.

Will there be Ninjas and Geishas?
    There will be a combination of several elements that will be different from the original CA Game Shogun: Total War. More info coming soon but we have a development team assigned to this. There will be new options and scripts to improve diplomacy and non-military options in the mod. You can also look for clues in the faction descriptions.

How are you going to include the arrival of European traders and possible conversion to Christianity?

This will be done differently than in Shogun Total War. BI religion engine will be used, giving the user different building paths and stance. The Daymio will have a "choice" to convert, but in some cases will have to make a lot of enemies out of former allies to do so. Another element will be the presence of the Free Land sect, which will eagerly rise up against Christian Daymio .
    Last edited by Obi Wan Asterix; February 06, 2006 at 07:55 AM.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Hello! We havent really gave much thought about it yet.Becouse we all know how badly it works in RTW.Basicly the system will work sameway as in RTW so provinces of factions that are your protectorates ad to the amount of your provinces.I would love to have real vassals in the game,but i wouldnt bet money on it that we could actually tweak the protectorate system so it would work better.

What a shame I also like the vassal idea. The system in RTW are simply beefed up.
    The AI just don't seem to care, wich would not suit a Japanase clan (I think)
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

Otto von Bismarck

Wild Bill Kelso's Avatar Protist Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by Atterdag
    What a shame I also like the vassal idea. The system in RTW are simply beefed up.
    The AI just don't seem to care, wich would not suit a Japanase clan (I think)
    Well they did like to backstab if an opportunity presented itself... Look what happened to Nobunaga.
    Still here since December 2002
    At sometime I patronized all these old bums:Necrobrit, Sulla, Scrappy Jenks, eldaran, Oldgamer, Ecthelion,Kagemusha, and adopted these bums: Battle Knight, Obi Wan Asterixand Muizer

Poor Nobu! Getting betrayed by Mitsuhide is just sad...Well Nobunaga DID torment the Akechi, so he kinda deserved it!

I thought he was executed by rebels? After all that what they said in AOE:II the Conquores..
    Сканија је Данска

Otto von Bismarck

He was executed by rebels, which were led by his former vassal Akechi Mitsuhide, at Honnonji Temple (I think that's somewhere near Kyoto).

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Default Ran No Jidai FAQ

The RNJ team is ready to answer any questions you might have about the mod.

When is the open beta coming out?

"Watch this space"
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Yay!

How are you going to include the arrival of European traders and possible conversion to Christianity?

Edit: My first thread stickyed
    Last edited by Atterdag; February 06, 2006 at 06:37 AM.
    Сканија је Данска

Otto von Bismarck

Yay!

Edit: My first thread stickyed
    Pinned and answered from my part. Other team members might have something to add
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

What will be included in your first release?

1. Guys did you mentioned there will be a variety of different formations, e.g. the pike formation used by nobunaga, like it wouldn't say phalanx formation when they execute it etc etc etc. Weird question but I just wanted to know, thanks

2. Are you going to add any movies for assassination scenarios

3.There won't be any giant no-daichi soldier which are kensai will there?

Last edited by fallingstar; February 06, 2006 at 10:25 AM.

With my limited insight, I shall anwser the questions I can:

Q.
    A.
    Absolutely not. There will however be no-dachi samurai, but they will be regular sized. Well, except for their swords ofcourse.

Q.
    A.
    Not to the best of my knowledge. afaik the only thing that can accompany assassination messages in RTW are images. But I cant say for sure.

Will the different clans get their special reduction of cost back?
    Mori - Warrior Monks
    Takeda - Cavalry
    Hojo - Castles
    Сканија је Данска

Otto von Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by TomteOfDoom
    With my limited insight, I shall anwser the questions I can:

Q.

A.
    Absolutely not. There will however be no-dachi samurai, but they will be regular sized. Well, except for their swords ofcourse.

Q.

A.
    Not to the best of my knowledge. afaik the only thing that can accompany assassination messages in RTW are images. But I cant say for sure.
    You are most kind in answering my questions

Quote Originally Posted by fallingstar
    1. Guys did you mentioned there will be a variety of different formations, e.g. the pike formation used by nobunaga, like it wouldn't say phalanx formation when they execute it etc etc etc. Weird question but I just wanted to know, thanks

1. Yes we are working on formations. Darth Vader is putting experience and variety together to churn out something new... but I assure you Kagemusha and others are managing to edit

2.As Tomte said probably not

3.No giants, just big swords. We have put great care into modelling sword size and style accuratelly and historically.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

I still think that you should add in a kensai unit, but that's by the by. Can we expect a new music score?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith Darksea
    I still think that you should add in a kensai unit, but that's by the by. Can we expect a new music score?
    Kensai will be added :wink: But we are not telling how

New musical score is being worked out even for beta.... problem is that it won't be "new" as we failed to find a talented/willing composer. It will be great traditional music we have been allowed to use.

Will the different clans get their special reduction of cost back?
    Mori - Warrior Monks
    Takeda - Cavalry
    Hojo - Castles
    Good question - Yes the clan costs will be varied in general. Some daymio will be more Samurai based other will have to search the lower classes for recruits for example.

Thanks Asterix.

Oh new question hows work on the campaign map?
    Сканија је Данска

Otto von Bismarck

Thanks Asterix.

Oh new question hows work on the campaign map?
    Our hero BDH is plucking away with class at it.... I think it will be a fanastic map with memorable battlefields. I can't wait to see it (still haven't seen final version)