Thread: IB2 installer conflict.

Default IB2 installer conflict.

Something is wrong here. Every time I try to install IB2 1.2 it targets the wrong folder, there is no way to correct it because the choice for a download target is not given. If I change name of the file that gets targetted the down load then targets the program files trying to target a folder called "My Product" which I don't think exists.

Reno Melitensis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: IB2 installer conflict.

Just move the files IB II in the mods folder inside the Medieval II folder, than copy the launcher to desktop, its easy and it should work fine.

Cheers.

Default Re: IB2 installer conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Reno Melitensis View Post
    Just move the files IB II in the mods folder inside the Medieval II folder, than copy the launcher to desktop, its easy and it should work fine.

Cheers.
    Okay thanks, I moved the IB folder into mods and then shortcut the exe to desktop and it loads the new version.

Don't know where the uninstall is supposed to go, it doesn't seem to work, although not important.

I assumed the new version required patch 1.5? and I have the gold edition. Only got it by reinstalling the original game, that was quite a pain.

Been playing NTW for a while, that seems to load updates and mods without a hitch. Seems to have inbuilt modding aids although CA put up barriers to modding the map files.

MTW2 looks like quite a pain to mod by comparison. I like the Late Roman period but much prefer MTW2 game engine.