Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Mount & Blade: With Fire And Sword

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Mount & Blade: With Fire And Sword

I started on Normal because I can consider myself a good player (playing Warband).. At least Warband opening moves are much easier.

Maybe I'll give another try later. Still having a blast with my Warband campaign though.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    I started on Normal because I can consider myself a good player (playing Warband).. At least Warband opening moves are much easier.

Maybe I'll give another try later. Still having a blast with my Warband campaign though.
    Same though i started on hard , a few rage quits later i was forced to drop down to a lower level.

Its very much a different beast to Warband, takes a while to get used to.

HissingNewt's Avatar Vicarius

Do any of you know where I can find the Guard commanders in Warsaw? I own the city and appointed them, but can't find them when I walk around the streets.
    "Hullabaloo, caneck! Caneck!"

go to he castle

Quote Originally Posted by Zemdu View Post
    go to he castle
    The fortress? There's nobody in there but the two guards.

Guard commanders allow the recruitment of guard units (winged hussars, lifeguards, nokhors etc...) from the regular commander. They don't get their own menu.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Philp View Post
    Guard commanders allow the recruitment of guard units (winged hussars, lifeguards, nokhors etc...) from the regular commander. They don't get their own menu.
    Yeah, I found that out after going through the complete list of appointments. Thanks though.

Do these units I recruit there just stay in the garrison until I pick them up?

They go straight into your party once you pick them up. You can transfer them to the garrison, but soldiers spawn there automatically.

Excellent. Do you have any tips for how I should muster enough forces to take Kiev (it has like 500 and I get around 300 men together each time I put out the call). I'm the Marshal of Polish Rebels.

The only way you'll take a well manned city is by persuading a large number of nobles to join you. Next time you start a revolt, make sure you have at least 5 persuasion, and have several friends in the nation's nobility. When persuading, consistently use the same argument, even if it makes no sense. Otherwise they will say that you say whatever they want to hear.

Unless Kiev is the last city, ignore it, and take another town or fort. You probably won't be beating a 500 strong garrison with less than a thousand soldiers. If there are no other towns, find and capture enemy nobles. Imprison them in cities if they refuse to join you, and eventually there will be no-one to oppose you.

I've never seen a garrison that large, are there any nobles inside? If so, you could besiege the town, and eventually they will flee the city, taking their soldiers with them.

I actually managed to take it with even numbers because my soldiers get insane K/D ratios. I use almost exclusively mercenary units. It was the last city, but the Commonwealth is not gone. Is there something I can do about that? Also, Radziwill hates me.

It takes about a day for a nation to disappear one you kill it. Although you may not have killed it yet. You need to defeat their remaining generals.

Well I just won an outnumbered siege of Kiev and have been holding multiple generals in prison in Warsaw (refusing ransom). I think they have a total of around 200 soldiers left, but it'll be a to hunt them down.

You should accept ransoms now; Because they have no castles/forts/towns, they won't be getting any new soldiers, so it's free money.

Alright. That pretty much eradicated my honor rating, so it's probably best to do that while I still have some left. Thanks for the help.

Protector Domesticus

Ugh im struggleing at the moment, my army is only 40 odd troops and i keep getting overwelmed by armys of 100+...

Usualy i can hold a single general off with my strong Cossack Musketeers but for some stupid reason the more enemys i go up against the less troops im allowed to have... how is it fair i only allowed to have 5 troops at a time when im in a battle against 400 were they get 40 odd at a time?

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Change the battle scale in the pause menu, fiddle around with it a bit.

I have a 43-man army. It's all troops I liberated from captivity and 5-6 mercenary musketeers. I have 7 winged hussars and 5 armored cossacks because of liberation. Swedes never stood a chance, really. I just built a wagon fort and camped with my muskets. After the battle, BAM a good sized patrol of hardened Polish troopers ready to ride with me.

Protector Domesticus

The scale is fine atm, the game just seems to slap me whenever i need as many of my troops on the field as possible. Never had this problem with Warband.
    Last edited by Bolkonsky; August 01, 2011 at 07:06 PM.

Alpha Zeke's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by SLN445 View Post
    The scale is fine atm, the game just seems to slap me whenever i need as many of my troops on the field as possible. Never had this problem with Warband.
    Tactics skill dictates what % of the battle soldier limit is yours.

Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zeke View Post
    Tactics skill dictates what % of the battle soldier limit is yours.
    Ive got level 4 Tactics.