Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Mount & Blade: With Fire And Sword

Arius's Avatar Libertus

Icon4 Mount & Blade: With Fire And Sword

Mount & Blade: Fire and Sword

Hello everybody! A new game on M&B engine from Russia, Ukraine, Poland and Turkey is coming...

Recently, this video appeared on the news site mountblade.info. This video is showing that the Polish developer, CD Projekt, is working with some other developers on a new game that is based on the M&B engine. The translated text can be found here;

CD Projekt is pleased to announce the official launch of the game Mount & Blade: Fire and Sword, which will hit stores this autumn! Already in November for Polish players who will be able to play a new game of the most interesting and most turbulent chapters in the history of our country. All this thanks to developers of Russian studies Snowberry Connection and the Ukrainian Sich Studio and its cooperation with the Turkish TaleWorlds Entertainment.

Illustrating the ideas of the published preview, which we see in action perhaps the most famous Polish military formation, or hussars. There are guns, horses, swords and skirmishes on spectacular shots.

This action game puts you in the bloody conflict torn areas of the former Commonwealth of time, "Flood" and "Fire and Sword". In these troubled times of war against each other in a battle for dominance in the region become the world power then. Swaying in the foundations, but still strong Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, growing with each day in the power of the Tsarist Rus, modern and hungry new areas of Sweden, a wild, unbridled Cossack Ukraine and Crimean Khanate - the eternal enemy of the whole of Christian Europe.

The game was based on a revolutionary system matches the award-winning and highly valued by the players production of Mount & Blade, a game by the magazine that was "Surprise of the Year 2008" and the readers chose on her website gamecorner.pl game in 2008.

Key features of the Fire and Sword:

• Open world game where the player fully guided their destiny and where you can change the history of Polish and the European!
    • Unique combat system arms and firearms and a well-placed model riding.
    • Rich and full of references to Sienkiewicz's trilogy of the game's universe, full of familiar characters from the independent film by Jerzy Hoffman, and books by Henryk Sienkiewicz

More information will come soon.
    This means that we can play a new M&B game besides the Multiplayer! So according to this statement, we can play this game this year! It is looking very promising and another reason to buy another M&B game!

Source: http://www.mountfanblade.com

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Default Re: Mount & Blade: Fire and Sword

this is bloody awesome

will it be a standalone game you have to buy? or free to download?
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Arius's Avatar Libertus

Surprise surprise, right?

Will it be a standalone game you have to buy? or free to download?
    A standalone game you have to buy, probably. Note that many developers have worked on this game.

Wow, never saw this one coming. Sounds awesome and it's definitely something I'll have to pick up.

Please create mod related threads in the mod subforum. Moved.

Arius's Avatar Libertus

But... Armatus, this isn't a mod.

It's a game developed by a professional company. In fact, it can only be an expansion or a standalone game, no?

From all I can tell in this post it doesn't even look like a conversion... but if they had changed everything it really wouldn't be Mount&Blade: Fire & Sword, just as the Witcher is not Neverwinter Nights.

It's not M&B if it's not made by Taleworlds in my opinion.

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

Is this not the Polish "With Fire and Sword" mod? I heard Taleworlds was buying out a few mods and releasing them for retail, but I didn't think they would be selling them as stand-alone games . I could be wrong though.

When it comes to business this is a stand alone game, but to the players of M&B it is nothing more than a commercialized modification of M&B.
    I think the thread is best placed here among mods - since that's what it technically is - even if it stands alone.

Here's the thread at taleworlds with nice screenshots:
    http://forums.taleworlds.net/index.p...c,43557.0.html
    EDIT: The link is fail, and leads to a mod that has nothing to do with Fire & Sword
    Last edited by Adorno1; September 04, 2009 at 10:50 AM.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Arius's Avatar Libertus

That is an error. This is the problem of placing this thread here.

The "M & B: Fire and Sword" videogame is not the Polish "With Fire and Sword" mod. Your screenshots are of the mod, not the screenshots of the new game developed by CDProjekt.

Some screenshots of "M & B: Fire and Sword" can be found here.
    Last edited by Arius; September 04, 2009 at 02:04 PM.

So it's a conversion then. Still belongs in the mods section here or otherwise the main forum of the Circus Maximus.

Quote Originally Posted by Arius View Post
    That is an error. This is the problem of placing this thread here.

The "M & B: Fire and Arrow" videogame is not the Polish "With Fire and Sword" mod.
    Okay, I'm sorry. My bad.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Looks like a mod to me

Benz282's Avatar Vicarius

I don't think it's a mod. Yes, it uses largely the same graphics and engine as Mount and Blade, but that doesn't make it a mod. Since it is commercial and developed by CD Projekt
    Last edited by Benz282; September 04, 2009 at 01:41 PM.

Arius's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by sabaku_no_gaara View Post
    Looks like a mod to me
    But... this is a completely independent production created by professional developers from Russia and Ukraine with extra help from Talewords.

Arius's Avatar Libertus

Thanks Amroth! It's a very interesting interview...

Indefinitely Banned

Looks like fail.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

what's up with this mod/spin off?

has it got released or not really?
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast