Thread: Pike men

Default Pike men

Im shur this is been discussed so im not even gonna ask when they will be fixed as everybody who plays on hear know medieval 2 pike men are a mess.

So the next best thing does any body know where and how to change pike men stats and make it to where they will NOT go to there secondary weapons??

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: Pike men

Next best thing is to remove the secondary weapons entirely. Open up export_descr_unit.txt, find the pike units and replace the stat_sec line with the following:

Code:
    stat_sec         0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

And what about to press the "Defend" button during the battle? You can see that after that your first lines put their pikes down to "phalanx" formation... I think it works fine...

John Haukewood's Avatar Tiro

They will still switch to swords of you have guard mode on, just at a slower rate because they don't move. Guard mode actually hurts rather than helps sometimes; pikes that aren't moving forward don't really kill anything, even of they die slower.
    For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.
    -H.L. Mencken

Caesar Clivus thank you

Is that location in the data folder?

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Yes it is.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

stoogeofstooges's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Next best thing is to remove the secondary weapons entirely. Open up export_descr_unit.txt, find the pike units and replace the stat_sec line with the following:

Code:
    stat_sec         0, 0, no, 0, 0, no, melee_simple, blunt, none, 0, 1
    I went to the Baltic Crusades folder in the mods folder, found export_desc_units, and changed the pikemen stats like you said, but they still switch to swords.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it, there were 2 export_descr_unit to choose from, one labeled "Teuton" which was the one I edited first. I got the right one working.
    Last edited by stoogeofstooges; March 27, 2011 at 03:10 PM.