Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you do with 0 loyalty generals?

Default Re: What do you do with 0 loyalty generals?

follow whatever he needs to do to make up for this. go to the capitol, or keep him out of your countries in a fort so he doesnt rebel. it can be fixed. also joining him with the leader on a march.

I love how people discussing using leaders as a cavalry unit being a tactic reserved for the disloyal. Apparently my Genoese nobility are just unusually daring-- the nobles are always the first into the fray. I mean, I don't run into pikemen or anything. But they do love to fight.

As for the especially disloyal ones (not using BGR, I rarely have these occur): they're my crusaders. Generals on crusade are stupidly disinclined to rebel, compared to those not on crusade. Give them a stack of free mercs and send them to atone for their crimes against the Moslem hordes. Afterward, they pretend that they did all the work, and desert, taking a valuable city for their own kingdom. And I let them, because as much value as Jerusalem is to the Papacy in Rome, Genoa is far away from there, and has more pressing concerns.

Losing a good general because you threw him into combat and for some reason he was the third man to die in his unit of 40 when fighting levy spearmen is infuriating.

Anyways...anyone with 2 or less loyalty I exile. If I really don't like the guy, I send his unit all by itself to auto-resolve against brigands and such until he no longer exists.

Quote Originally Posted by recentiy03 View Post
    I remember the last king, Roger the Ugly, had 0 loyalty and 0 command prior to being crowned and yet when he was crowned, before he was assassinated, he had 100% authority.
    I used to get this all the time ! It's actually a bug; Once your FL gets -3 authority or something, the counter resets to 10. I've looked around but there doesn't seem to be any way of rectifying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromium View Post
    I used to get this all the time ! It's actually a bug; Once your FL gets -3 authority or something, the counter resets to 10. I've looked around but there doesn't seem to be any way of rectifying this.
    Thats a pretty funny bug, all those cuckolds and liars suddenly become the worlds greatest rulers
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Fair enough about your family values preventing you from drinking, my family values prohibit me from not drinking.

Civitate

They make an excellent, auto-regenerating heavy cavalry unit when they're under the command of another, more loyal general.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragss View Post
    Losing a good general because you threw him into combat and for some reason he was the third man to die in his unit of 40 when fighting levy spearmen is infuriating.
    It's actually possible, at least for the bodyguard carrying the army commander, to tell which of those horsemen is the general specifically. Named characters have custom skins four that one fighter when they're in charge, and it's USUALLY the guy in the back-left corner of the formation. I don't want to give away the entire game, but if you're careful with where you're running them and set your battle formations right, it's possible to use and abuse the bodyguard units without ever seriously risking the family member himself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123