Thread: Mod Launcher (steam compatible)

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

Default Mod Launcher (steam compatible)

This fancy tool is a mod launcher that supports both retail and steam versions of the game, and is compatible with XP/Vista/7. (Win7 users with steam must click "run as administrator" for this at least once.)
    Steam users after running this get their vanilla launcher up, but with correct entries for the mod.
    If you have problems getting launcher to run (it's giving you some weird messages), delete your current .cfg and let the launcher recreate it.

Feature list:
    -Auto locates where kingdoms is installed.
    -Auto creates a .cfg file if one is not present.
    -Provides auto borderless mode (checks screen resolution vs mtw2's and switches borderless on).
    -Provides a BAI swapper.

What's a BAI swapper?
    It's an idea of Germanicu5, who's famous for his BAI's.
    Basically if you create a couple of different BAI's, you can sort them in folders AiSet1, AiSet2, ... and launcher will swap them in background every 15mins of the game.
    Since the files are reloaded each battle, you can create diverse AI's (defensive one, more aggressive one etc, suicidal one, etc.)

There are some other features for this as well, but i doubt anyone will use them (SS-specific).

If you have some problems, post them here.
    Last edited by gracul; February 23, 2011 at 06:26 AM.

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Mod Launcher (steam compatible)

Even running that, as administrator I still get the same result. It goes to the 6.4 splash screen, the loading hourglass appears, the screen flickers and it's just gone...a crash with no error report or anything...this is how all instillations of 6.4 have gone for me. Inside the MTW2/mods, installing outside program files, it doesn't matter, I get that same crash.

6.3 worked perfectly fine, it's just 6.4 that is not working properly.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

That's probably UAC corrupting your install.

@Shabby_Ronin
    Check this path and look for SS related files if you have something here then it's UAC doing it so disable it for good before patching it.
    C:\Users\Your username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore........