Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Helios: Political Special Edition.

Libertine's Avatar Neptune eats planets

Default The Helios: Political Special Edition.

THE HELIOS: POLITICAL EDITION
    Brought to you by: Grimsta

This is a Very heavilly loaded edition of The Helios, This may cause some friction between groups in the Curia but I hope it will shed some light on whats happening at TWC in this time of crisis - three questors down! who will take their place?

Welcome to the Political Helios

GrimSta: So I think the first thing people want to know is What actually happened to cause your resignation?

Sib: Heh... I've had to answer this same question a couple of times. You see, I am the kind of person that gets very passionate about an idea, but ends up realizing its faults and incapacities.
    TWC is very dear to my heart. It is my creation. Well, not literally MY creation, for hundreds of members have contributed to making TWC into what it is today, but I sought to make it into my individual project of construction since the moment I first step foot in it. Having joined TWC for the first time, I easily adapted to its society. Soon enough, I was its leader and dedicated myself to it. As I saw TWC become larger, my responsibilities became greater. I had to stay 5-6 hours a day monitoring TWC. I couldn't take the stress. I had other things in my mind. So I abdicated during my travels in China. But my resignation from the position of admin did not change my love or passion for TWC. It had become my second home. It is hard for people to comprehend what TWC has meant for me and my future. Truth be told, I still very much enjoyed meddling in affairs of the Curia, helping to improve the quality of debates, and just taking in the diversity of opinions of all our members. So when I was nominated for quaestor, I found myself in a very difficult position. I genuinely felt that my re-appearance into the political scene would help the forum, but subconsciously, I understood that my time had passed. The cause of my second and final resignation was my acceptance of reality. That is, the reality of the new TWC. It was not my TWC. Well before the hacker attacks, TWC had morphed into something new and clearly distinctive from the past. As TWC grew larger, its identity and soul grew smaller. Eventually, this same identity was not recognizable by even the most illustrious of characters in the history of TWC.

I had a hard time accepting this reality. I felt rather out of time and place with the new community, but I still thought that change would come or that I could adapt into the change. Well I couldn't. Neither my experience nor my reputation was needed anymore. TWC had changed so much, that my intentions towards it were even doubted. This was the breakpoint. Once I became aware that I was no longer needed, and that this was not the same TWC I had stumbled upon back in its birth, I realized it was my time to go as well.

GrimSta: What do you think about the resignation of the newly appointed questor Kscott?

Sib: Let me be rather brutal about this. Hopefully, more resignations like this will take place in the future. If TWC wants to reform itself, then we must go back to the days where civilization, wisdom, and respect were adhered to. It seemed amazing to me that a person like KScott would pretend to know better than me when TWC was concerned. Of course, it's hard to distinguish the line between bragging and truthful objectivity to my statement, but I am being very honest about my statement. TWC has changed its soul. But this doesn't mean that its soul must be corrupt and infantile as well. Hopefully, Archer will lead the reform of TWC. He's a very capable fellow, and I respect him greatly.

GrimSta: What do you think about the resignation of Atheist Peace??

Sib: AP's a very independent character. I would say that his opinion on the matter only reinforced KScott's squabble with me. But I have to add to this: I am as responsible for the flame war as KScott or AP. I understood this clearly, and having comprehended that TWC had lost its original identity, and that I was no longer respected for my opinion, I went bersek and started flaming. Yes I am responsible for it. But I punished myself and resigned. To add to this, I asked for forgiveness for insolence on my part on my thread of resignation in the staff forum.

GrimSta: What is your view on the new administration?

Sib: As I said, I very much respect Archer. Seleukos is a very admirable man as well. Both of the heads of TWC have great potential. But I'm afraid that the future will not depend on TWC's leadership, but on its community.

GrimSta: Do you have an opinion on LV recently leaving?

Sib: I think LV's departure is solely personal. He felt that his life was being occupied by matters of TWC, and that his studies and social life were left ignored. I had a conversation with him after his departure, and he is very optimistic about his position. He told me that he is finally studying, and his life is becoming easier and more hopeful now that he has set aside TWC for his own life.

GrimSta: So I think the first thing people want to know is What actually happened to cause your resignations

AP: Well, we were discussing the upcoming changes and I hadn't been very active in the thread. Kscott and Sib were arguing and sib made a post along the lines of "I know better than you what's good for TWC" I've been here longer, I'm more important. etc.
    So I told him he was being very arrogant, and that he should stop acting like that. He quoted me, and referred to both of us as "immature kids" and said we shouldn't be telling him what to do or something and some other personal attacks Then i flamed in return, as far as I remember, Kscott didn't
    I can't recall everything perfectly though, as I would very much like to, because Archer moved the posts to the senior staff's lair

GrimSta: Why did you resign? What made you go that extra mile?

AP: Well, Archer left both of us a warning, with the punishment
    - You are not eligible for any promotion for any further staff positions, indefinetely.

GrimSta: Can you give me a copy of that PM?

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist Peace
    After reviewing the thread, which were you , Kscott and Siblesz involved, you are to be receiving a warning for flaming another member/staff, in the staff forum.

punishment:

- You are not eligible for any promotion for any further staff positions, indefinetely.

recommendation:

- Obvious mprovement in behavior with other staff/members
    - Recognizing a flame inducing conversation/argument in both
    - staff and member related threads and posts, and trying to control the involved party, instead of carrying on.
    the pm basically just says "warning" and check your usernotes, nothing important.

GrimSta: Now, Kscott got an identical PM yes?

AP: I believe so, I know the punishment was identical. I deserved some kind of punishment, but he didn't, and sib damn well did, he deserved the worst, got nothing.

AP: I'd like to add sonmething, Archer is not suited to being an admin, He is not capable, He isn't fit to be imperator, and i've always thought this. I signed the letter that Sim was going to send to ON, appealing for him not to be imperator.

We also have a very controverisal exclusive with Lucius Vorenus, the former favourite for Republican Consul before he withdrew to study, But did he really withdraw out of choice? Or was he forced out by other staff members?

GrimSta: So why aren’t you at TWC anymore LV?

LV: Well for a number of reasons, I spent the best part of three months working in secret for TWC, I did all I could when I could for members of the current administration. I made many friends such as Archer and Seleucos and apparently made some enemies, which to this day don’t seem to like voicing their opinions to me personally. I had some plans for TWC, I wanted to push through a more liberal flexible moderating and staff administration system, I wanted to ensure both the curia and staff grow, I wanted to, in many respects revive the old feel of the site. I was, hours away from this then Sulla came back and a metaphorical spanner clogged everything down. With upcoming exams I didn’t have the time to fight the latchers on who are only after the position of Consul for some perverse satisfaction, no no real life had to come first for once, so I had to leave. I wont hide it, me and sulla don’t see eye to eye, I know him better then most and I regard his backroom politics to be damaging to the site, see though many credit him for saving the site he is also at fault as regards its current state. Sulla gave the curia power, for the first time, then he worked hard at removing that power, infact I see his disappearance and eventual resignation as a god send! Though I admire and Respect Sulla, his honesty and integrity leave a lot to be desired. Other ambitious members of staff seem to be latching onto him, not because they respect him, but because they hunger for power. All I can say is that thank god we have decent real people like Justinian Archer and Seleucos in staff, they are TWC’s only hope and my only regret is that I’ll never again get to work with them. But I might come back, depending on what there is to come back too.

GrimSta: How did that actually happen then?

LV: It’s a long story, some parts I can’t go into detail about but I can provide some juicy unknown truths. I’ll start with my resignation, I never resigned, and I was given a choice between resignation and demotion. See I was to blame for tBP’s removal, I did, “Bait him” and I accept the blame for that, but Sulla at no time stopped me, and only after he removed tBP, “who he constantly moaned about” did he use it to remove me. I’d like to take this time to publicly apologize to tBP and I regard this as my biggest and only mistake in staff. Ironically tBP forgave me, its certain staff members with agendas who keep bringing it up in staff. For reasons above I was put on Sulla’s Veto List for any position in staff, along with Siblesz, tBP, Boris, and most senatorii, I was guilty but I was removed because I wasn’t to be Sulla’s yes man, no other reason. What I find Ironic is that the people who bring it up are the same people who can be credited with things such as the RTR Logs and the civil war in general. I wont name names but there people know who they are. Archer forgave me, we worked well together, he wanted loyal able people as his staff and thus I submitted an offer. Let it be known and Archer does want the curia to have a future and if anything its some “Curia players” who wish it harm though they don’t dare post that in public. But when certain members of staff, mainly Simetrical and The Bavarian Noble, who are my own clients call me names such as “opportunistic *****” “Power hungry” “Arrogant and taking power and running with it” I can see that patronage any the loyalty of the community stand for nothing. Sim I adopted and helped him during his bad time with RTR, TBN I made a civitates and both would wish me Ill for the chance of power. I cans see now that my time in the community is over and thus I decided to take the opportunity to leave.

GrimSta: What do you think is wrong with the Curia?

LV: The Curia is divided; if the curia unites it can have power. One civitates is nothing but 50 are a strong voice and a potential danger to forum stability, and thus a power. Civitates should wake up and realize what’s happening, Call for the removal of corrupt staff, demand it, work with archer and Seleucos for the future! Rally and unite and uphold the constitution we gave you and spit in the face of those who seek only power. But don’t go around starting riots, you are civitates. Civitates, Listen to me now! You have a chance the curia is going to die, wake up! For the love of god Help archer, support and love him, he want on holiday and you are faced with an administrative crisis which goes against the constitution, people will manipulate this, don’t let them. Propose an act, ratifying the current staff structure dated to expire on archers return and vote it through. Keep forum stability! When archer comes back demand the constitution is enforced. At that point elect a Republican consul, do not elect The Bavarian Noble or Sim, elect someone who wont ignore the curia after they get their promotion, because trust me, those two will. Elect Justinian, a guy of real class and character who didn’t run because he thought I was better, that’s the sort of person you need. Friendship and intelligence over power! Oh and tBP. Stop the “curia is dead” drama, lol kidding there. Also, remove Sim as Pro Curator, he regards it as a stepping stone, appoint Tactical!

GrimSta: Are there any major problems with the Staff?

LV: Simetrical and the Bavarian Noble, from the outside they are nice and good at their job, but within the confines of staff they are deceptive and manipulative. One example I was informed about, and have the PM to back it up is their attempt to remove archer from Imperator by PMing staff and starting a Protest to Ogres.net for TBN to be made imperator (not Sim because he isn’t liked) and Sim as a consul. Ironically enough this was done after Archer told Sim that he wouldn’t be Archers Imperial Consul. I have the PM in my inbox, ironically a member of staff though that as their patron I’d support it, no I handed it over to the people it concerned, but I don’t log on, someone can provide it if people think I’m inventing stories, but I view it as a danger to forum stability and think those two should be removed from staff, or, at least demoted. Other examples of backhanded poor conduct are: TBN and Sims attempts to veto me in staff so one of them could win the consular election, one of them at least. I found this particularly disturbing coming from TBN since I confronted him about the dodgy PM’s and did him a favor by giving him a good word. Spineless if you ask me. TBN was always Pro Curia, remember his “Power to the people” thread, look for it and compare that to his current stance, is that good staff material? Still, they do a lot of good work for the site and think they should still play some role. Shame they don’t think the same of me. But I’m gone now.
    A personal Question – Is there anything right about staff?
    Archer, Justinian, Seleucos, Asterix, Torment, Tactical Fab, Kscott and most other staff.

GrimSta: Can you see anything happening in TWC with the release of the new TW game?

LV: New skins and a new theme for the curia I suppose, it will be interesting I think.

GrimSta: Do you have anything to add to what you've just said?

LV: Let me think…
    Ah yes, I would Like to Publicly Remove TBN and Sim from my patronage and offer all their clients, Fab and so on a position under my patronage if they still wish to be members of the Manji Clan. TBN and Sim and not Manji clan material and we as a family have no place for corrupt backstabbing members, mentioning no names lol!

I also wonder if this interview will get deleted lol!

Id also like to wish all the civitates and people In TWC the best of luck in life, Archer, Justinian, tBP, Sib, Manji, Fab, Tactical, Seleucos, Wilpuri, Torment and all you other guys! It’s been a pleasure!

EDIT: News just in!

Lucius Vorenus has dropped his statement about The Bavarian Noble. TBN Will remain part of the House of Manji.

[Just to callously abuse my powers as a corrupt moderator, you may also be interested in my response to LV here. -Simetrical]

There we have it. This has been a very charged couple of days. But as always The Helios is at the front line of Curial Relationship.

Enjoy the new week and I hope this is sorted out soon.

Bye for now.
    GrimSta.
    Last edited by Simetrical; January 23, 2006 at 02:21 PM.
    Heir of Kscott
    Proud Patron of the lost Fable and Proud Patron of God
    Spurs Fan?
    Member of the SG Fan Club
    Finland had unusually little to do with the whole New World gig. - Watchman

Helios News Monkey
    Knight of the Lulz

PyrrhusIV's Avatar Primicerius

Wow. That is all I can say. I applaud you, I will definitly post something more in-depth tomorrow on this, Grande Job m`friend.

Indefinitely Banned

Let me clarify something. My comments about Archer (bolded) are not fully sincere. I don't really think that he is "very incompetent," I was frustrated with his behavior tonight, and made that comment on msn. I do, however, feel that he is not always the most fitting person to be imperator.

I would also like to come out, because everyone has a right to know, and say that I signed the "letter" which LV mentions in his interview. I have my personal opinions about TBN and Simetrical, but I think that both of them were more fit to be imperator/consuls than Archer was or is. Archer has worked hard, and I generally respect him, but I feel he is not the right person to be imperator, that is all. If anyone would like to condemn me for this, go ahead.

edit: But I can completely assure you all, that personal gain was not on my mind when I signed that letter one bit. I merely made the decision that I felt was right.

Also, please forgive the disorganized manner of my words in the article, it was done on msn and somewhat hurriedly on my part at some times.
    Last edited by Atheist Peace; January 22, 2006 at 11:08 PM.

Last Roman's Avatar ron :wub:in swanson

very interesting, and somewhat sad. It seems that we are going to have some new blood in the staff. Perhaps a new era in TWC history?
    house of Rububula, under the patronage of Nihil, patron of Hotspur, David Deas, Freddie, Askthepizzaguy and Ketchfoop
    Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    -Mark Twain

Good journalism Grimsta. This is gonna bring a lot of change.
    Hypocrisy is the foundation of sin.

Proud patron of: The Magnanimous Household of Siblesz
    Timendi causa est nescire.
    Member of S.I.N.

Very interesting indeed!

Good work Grimsta!

next time when you have a chance, interview me as well? -thanks

This is indeed very interesting and very revealing. I'm saddened to see so many good staff members like Kscott and AP leave their positions. I'm also saddened to see the staff members quarrelling so much with each other.

I must say that I agree with LV's opinions and suggestions regarding the Curia. I seriously think the members of the Curia (especially the Civitates) need to get more involved in the matters of TWC's government.

I only hope that TWC will change for the better in the months to come. There are still many good people among the ranks of the staff.

Lead the way Archer!

imb39's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Patrician Citizen spy of the council

An explosive issue. My Editor, you've done it again! Good to see you're leading the way. What next? Remember to leave parts for tBP to mention!

Once again, I am not interviewed. Why, God, why? Why do you hate me so?

Then I defy you stars!

Great article GrimSta, written like a true journalist.

I may as well take this opportunity to announce that GrimSta is new Managing Director of the Eagle Standard and will be taking it over in my stead.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

MareNostrum's Avatar Wanted: Dead or Alive
    The Netherlands. For those white trailer trash who dont know: Its a small country in Europe.

stories like these..
    just want to make me resign once again

and really just stop visiting this place...

TWC should have won a few Golden Globes last week..

Kudos to the Helios Crew..
    exceptional journalism

Proud Patron of: Antea, Archer, Banzai Kamikaze, Dromikaites, Ldvs
    Aut Viam Inveniam Aut Faciam

Seleukos's Avatar Hell hath no fury
    Patrician

Very interesting article. I like it. Good work.

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Good work Grimsta.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

vizi's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Good reporting

All I have to say is I have never seen so much drama over a forum on the internet, but it makes for good stories.

Shitstirring and attenwhoring to the max. I appreciate the compliments, and have nothing but praise for LV (ugh, I hate asskissing), but the staff is already facing turbulence, so we can't have people turning against Sim and TBN right now. Please note, people, that what LV said only reflects his own opinions, and should not reflect upon yours. Regardless of what they have done, they are two of the most competent staffmembers we have.

Oh well, freedom of speech I guess. He had to leave with a boom. Next time interview Sim or TBN, I think they have the right to defend themselves in public.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

A note:

There is a lot of marginally true opinions and conspirationism in these statements. I would advise all readers to take all statements with a grain of salt. The site is still functioning is it not?

@GrimSta

This will be good journalism if you follow it up immediatelly with a right of response from all members implicated in the article, currently, I am dissapointed that LV has dragged a very slanted opinion on several deserved members who were not involved in this tragic* event.

Backroom politics leads directly to false conceptions of others. This for me is just a massive misunderstanding.

Epitaph: The flashpoint to a long running soap opera which spontatneously combusted, killed three with the resulting fragmentation injuring others and maiming a few good men

*Tragic - see classical definition
    Last edited by Obi Wan Asterix; January 23, 2006 at 05:39 AM.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

its on my list of things to do.
    I pm'd TBN and I will also try and speak to Sim.
    Heir of Kscott
    Spurs Fan?

Helios News Monkey
    Knight of the Lulz

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Asterix
    *Tragic - see classical definition
    ehh.....right. Looking on the bright side I guess I have to say the urge amongst staff and (former) staff candidates to publicly defend themselves is touching! Come on Sim, TBN confess your sins and be absolved too! :laughing:

Mzr
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Tacticalwithdrawal's Avatar Ghost

who needs soap-operas when you've got TWC

but, this shouldn't really have been published without Sim & TBN's replies being included.

and an interview with Archer would have pulled it all together
    : - It's my smilie and I'll use it if I want to......

Ave Caesar, Morituri Nolumus Mori (in Glaswegian: gae **** yrsel big man)

I felt the urge to bring it out asap, dont worry. Im talking to TBN Just now. Ill also try and get the views of Archer and Sim.

But i'll not interview justinian
    Heir of Kscott
    Spurs Fan?

Helios News Monkey
    Knight of the Lulz

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer
    ehh.....right. Looking on the bright side I guess I have to say the urge amongst staff and (former) staff candidates to publicly defend themselves is touching! Come on Sim, TBN confess your sins and be absolved too! :laughing:

Mzr
    Do you sin against me brother ?

I think also its better practice to divide non-related issues in a single article... for instance LV's swansong and the Quaestor operetas did not reallllllly have any common element between them did they?
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast