Thread: Attack trait bug?

While playing my Ptolemaic campaign, I noticed something both strange and annoying. I usually pick a character with decent command-abilities when they're young and go with them a very long way, this usually result in a general with maxed command-stars. However, my general had the trait "Good attacker" after many victories, then from nowhere when I conquered Pergamum with him, I suddenly got the trait "Hesitant attacker". At first I thought this was because I had done something wrong while playing, so I didn't bother with it. I soon got back to the "Confident attacker" trait, but then when I was fighting at Ancyra(where there are two full stacked armies of independant Gaul), I won a clear victory with only losing about 150 men while the Gauls had over 2600(and I was the one who attacked by the way). When I then looked to see if I was back to the "Good attacker" again, I saw something that both surprised and amazed me, now he suddenly has the "Over-cautious attacker" trait(-2 command when attacking).

To be honest this can't be right, I mean MAYBE if it had been a "Phyrric victory"(a victory with many casualties) then I could've accepted it, but not like this - It's just plain bad and annoying.

I seriously don't want this to happen to every good commander I come up with so I'll hope someone could answer the following questions:

Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know what might be the cause of this? Is there any way to fix it - without restarting the campaign?
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; January 30, 2011 at 03:50 PM.

Default Re: Attack trait bug?

Cheats are the only way to fix it. give_trait "General's Name" "IndecisiveAttacker" -1 should do the trick. From the file it looks like you get this trait from withdrawing from battles while you've had an advantage. You can also get it if you ended the turn in an enemies zone of control (I.e. standing right next to an enemy army or city without attacking it).

Default Re: Attack trait bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial Oblivion View Post
    Cheats are the only way to fix it. give_trait "General's Name" "IndecisiveAttacker" -1 should do the trick. From the file it looks like you get this trait from withdrawing from battles while you've had an advantage. You can also get it if you ended the turn in an enemies zone of control (I.e. standing right next to an enemy army or city without attacking it).
    Thanks again