Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.09 Preview Screenshots

wlesmana's Avatar ILIKE2MOVEITMOVEIT

Default 2.09 Preview Screenshots

More screens from 2.09 WIP:
    Slightly revised Dwarven Juggernauts. I try to make the helmet less boring looking.

Greenwood Sentinels. The Silvan Elves' mirror of the Galadhrim Sentinels.

Mouth of Sauron as a Hero unit.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: 2.09 Preview Screenshots

Great work as always

and I see your dwarf archers too

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

ok im in love with this mode
    btw will legolas have greenwood Sentinels or he will still have emeralds guards?
    and Juggernauts looks very good with this helmets ... idk... if u ask me u dont need to change it...but if u do not like em thats another story
    so...if mouth of sauron is now general...u will need to recruit diplomats??

If welsh and bardo haven't decided to change this, but I remember them saying that only thranduil and legolas will have them as bodyguards

If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Mouth of Sauron will be a general if the player is NOT playing Mordor. Adds more challenge against Mordor when they have an extra general. I was thinking of having him have 0 movement point and put him at Black Gate so you only fight him if you siege Black Gate but this is still just an idea.

neryan's Avatar Foederatus

Nice changes , i'm really looking forward to those 2 new dwarven units, specially because they give dwarves more options. Now, besides heavy overpowered infantry supported by light cavalry, they'll have heavy overpowered infantry, supported by light cavalry, fine archers and awesome looking berserkers !!

I don't really like having mouth of sauron with 0 movement, however, if he could move he'd die to soon in the game, so i agree with that.

By the way, those bodyguards are the same as the dark night's (i can't remember the name ), aren't they?
    Do you know the problem with the Iraqi army? They were using Russian defense tactics:

1. Engage the enemy. -

2. Draw him into your territory. -

3. Wait until winter sets in. -

Great stuff

yep!!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Tiro

Awesome! Incredible work! This is the best LOTR mod!

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Very cool.

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

what, Mouth of Sauron will be general instead of the usual diplomat? hmm....

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by wlesmana View Post
    Mouth of Sauron will be a general if the player is NOT playing Mordor. Adds more challenge against Mordor when they have an extra general. I was thinking of having him have 0 movement point and put him at Black Gate so you only fight him if you siege Black Gate but this is still just an idea.
    He wont be immortal like the Nazgul, will he? Any chance of Mouth of Sauron being playable? We really want to play with him and not just fight him, pls. I also noticed one of the units planned for the 2.1 patch (dwarven bowmen) in the pic. Will they be released in 2.09 instead?

No, Mouth of Sauron will not be immortal. Once he's dead, he stays dead like all non-Nazgul heroes. I will include a small direction on how to have him as a general when you play Mordor. It should be easy enough because all you have to do is comment-out a script at the start that would've killed him off. You might end up with Mouth of Sauron both as diplomat and as general (2 separate entities) if you wish.

neryan's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by wlesmana View Post
    You might end up with Mouth of Sauron both as diplomat and as general (2 separate entities) if you wish.
    ????

That would be quite wierd.

In that line of thought you could disable all "character killing" scripts and you'd have a few fellowships of the ring.
    Do you know the problem with the Iraqi army? They were using Russian defense tactics:

1. Engage the enemy. -

2. Draw him into your territory. -

3. Wait until winter sets in. -

I commented some time ago the possibility to release a patch with the new environments alone, to be installed over 2.08.

I just wanted to clarify that we finally used that patch for a closed betatesting, and now, we are working to finish the official 2.09 patch with the new units announced by wlesmana.
    It forces us to adjust a bit the campaign to make the new units recruitable, and we will try to make the diplomats also recruitable.

We will post some more screens of the new units and some new historical battles when ready.

Great to see the mod in action again!

And Wlesmana and Bardo!

A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

More preview screens!!

A slight improvement for the Haradrim. They have better looking spears now, I based them on the spear design seen in BfME games. This is the updated Tribesmen:

I also improved on the Warband shield. They now carry a wicker shield shaped similar to Easterling shield:

The Haradrim Warband and Tribesmen now have 2 spears they can throw, giving the Southrons more strategic attack force:

As I stated in lotr-tw forums.... *clears throat*
    yes!! YES!!! YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

Wow, amazing work wlesmana ! Great to see the mod is more active again

Great job as always! Cheers for all & continue of good work

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast