Thread: advice wanted

Default advice wanted

I got rusichi installed,is it possible to install it + mongol tartars invasion in another location?pratically I want the option to play rusichi and rusichi+mongol tatars invasion separately

Default Re: advice wanted

What do you mean another location? What is so bad about having 2 mods in the same mod folder?

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Gondor View Post
    What do you mean another location? What is so bad about having 2 mods in the same mod folder?
    what are you saying?if I install mongol invasion it overwrites rusichi...so I wanna have 2 separate installations,one for rusichi without submods and another one for rusichi+mongol,is it possible?

How can it possibly overwrite Rusichi? Unless Mongol Invasion has a folder name Rusichi Total War, why would it over-write?

-Rusichi is just included in it, it does not over-write the folder. In-case it does you can always make your own .bat and .cfg.

mongol is submod of rusichi,that's why it overwrites it

Ah, I am very sorry then. Wiki confuses me :S

Technically a submod is made to completely over-write another mod. But in this case you may always install Rusichi, and write the submod over it. Then install another copy of Rusichi (without the submod), and delete the .cfg and the .bat file, rename the folder, and create your own .cfg and .bat. You can find tutorial in How to Section to modding.

Hope this helps now that everything is clearer.

it seems too complex for my noob skills(((((((((((((((((((((((((
    can you tell me what changes mongol make to rusichi??,cos I see the vlad topics but I fear to lose the units,settlements,AI and challenge of rusichi

I am not quite sure because I play it myself, but this is what I am trying to say, I will try to simplify it.

Every mod has a .cfg and .bat file. The .bat file runs the mod through the .cfg. The sub-mod over-write Rusichi making it impossible to play only Rusichi. But you can play both, you will have the folder with the sub-mod named Rusichi_TW or whatever the default install path is. Then you will install another copy of Rusichi, and re-name it. Then you will make a .cfg and .bat file and tell it to run Rusichi through the re-named folder, so now you have two versions of the mod. Clean one, and sub-mod one.

you did it and works??

hw thx a lot,u good fellow

I did not do it because I only play clean Rusichi but it should work.