Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Blue & The Gray 2.6 open beta + UPDATE released

Default Re: The Blue & The Gray 2.6 open beta + UPDATE released

Quote Originally Posted by Railin View Post
    I dont like asking this at all but Shokh can you give us an estimate about when the 2.6 final release will be out? Thanks
    The next few days, it delayed because my tester was missing.
    I do today the last small changes and then give me about 1-2 days to check if all is working.
    2.6 will be the last version till 3.0 and it should be working good.

Quote Originally Posted by Niccolo` Machiavelli View Post
    SHOKH

I have figured out how to change the names of my units. I know have Quantrill's Raiders instead of Mosby's Raiders. I was wondering where to find the generals ui. I couldnt find them. I want to actually put Qauntrill as a general. Could you help?

Edit: Ok I over looked the generals name. My next question is how to change the picture?
    The portraits are in our file ACW_graphics.pack. Open it with PFM and go further into ui - portraits - etc. etc.

Railin's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    The next few days, it delayed because my tester was missing.
    I do today the last small changes and then give me about 1-2 days to check if all is working.
    2.6 will be the last version till 3.0 and it should be working good.
    Thanks I appreciate it, oh and your work on B.E.I.C The Indian Mutiny looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Railin View Post
    Thanks I appreciate it, oh and your work on B.E.I.C The Indian Mutiny looks awesome.
    Thanks mate, yeah we come step to step to an beta. It makes really much fun to play.

Thanks Shokh.
    Who likes Quitters????
    Vote now at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=425721

Steam ID: Niccolo' Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by Niccolo` Machiavelli View Post
    SHOKH

I have figured out how to change the names of my units. I know have Quantrill's Raiders instead of Mosby's Raiders. I was wondering where to find the generals ui. I couldnt find them. I want to actually put Qauntrill as a general. Could you help?...
    hey. Could U help with that?. i would also like to change names of some units but i have no clue how to manage that. Maybe You can send me private message with some tips?

Unfortunately I have taught myself how to do this over the past 6 months. I am not familiar with the process enough to teach you how. I can however point you in the right direction. Things you will need and know how to use. First I assume you have 7zip and know how to use it because in order to play mods you must be able to unzip some files. Next thing you must have is the File Pack Manager. This will allow you to open packed files such as the LOC. file which contains the unit names and various other items. Keep in mind that I am still learning and I cannot take you any further that this because I don't want to send you down a dark road. Go to Empire moding tools for the rest. Try googling " Edit Unit Names ETW Via File Pack Manager" this should bring up some threads on TWC that are otherwise hard to find . I hope this helps.
    Who likes Quitters????
    Vote now at: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=425721

Steam ID: Niccolo' Machiavelli

Protector's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by shokh View Post
    2 of our team tested your savegame.
    Loading crash what means the are corrupt or while playing where other files as 2.6+update activ.
    I´m afraid i can give no solution for this. There must be somewhere a conflict.
    Mmhh. ok. thx for your reply shokh.

Because of the CTD with ACW 2.6 I deinstalled it and also other ETW mods

2nd I deinstalled ETW
    3rd I deleted all ETW files .
    4th I installed a new clean ETW with its updates.
    5th I installed ACW 2.6 beta
    6th I installed 2.6 update
    which means no any other mods or files are there. So I wonder what could cause this CTD issue..
    Still at a certain point my campaign crashes with repeatable CTD (sometimes end of 1861 somethimes mid of 1862...)

I feel with you
    Maybe a corrupt download or something? Otherwise i must say - this is ETW

I do have one idea for the 3.0 update. When you have 2 units, one in front and one behind it, if an enemy is in range of both the units, both of them will fire resulting in the front unit being nearly completely destroyed. The only way you can stop this from happening is by turning off the 'fire at will' for the unit in the back. Later you might forget you did that and when the unit comes in contact with the enemy it will be destroyed because it wont fire back. I was wondering if you could come up with a way to fix that? Like make it so it realized there was a friendly unit was in its way? If you cant thats okay but it would make the game easier to play and more fun. Other than that this is the best mod I think I've ever played! Congrats!

Great mod! It is amazing!

But I have to say, that the German Empire raised 1871, but in the game it is playable in 1861.

Go on with your brilliant work.

Greetings from Germany
    Aederic

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Great mod! It is amazing!

But I have to say, that the German Empire raised 1871, but in the game it is playable in 1861.
    Thank you for posting and don't worry, everyone in the team has atleast basic knowledge about history.
    And so it has often reasons why the history is sometimes altered.

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

This mod is Amazing!
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

Reverend Scott's Avatar Senator

+1 rep , Brother.
    www.samsarra.com
    iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/id498281682?ign-mpt=uo%3D5
    Proud Beta tester for 300 Warlords of Sparta
    Proud Beta tester for Hic Est Lacedaemon
    Proud Beta tester for British East India Company - The Indian Mutiny (BEIC)
    Proud Beta tester for American Civil War - The Blue and the Grey 2.65-3.0

Shokh. Restarting a new campaign.
    In the beginning of the game I understand play on world Dom. And def. hard/ hard
    Does this deal with your script? Since I'm new to this. Do i build up troops in the north so the union will not take Virgina right away. Also about campaigns from Texas? To take other land to build income. I know you build roads, and other stuff to build income. just trying to understand the strategies here, and to build an effective army. But ideas would help me to keep the CSA alive. Thanks

Roma Surrectum Greek/Spartan Researcher/Tester.

Yes the best would be to save your east and north-eastern borders. 5-6 in Texas and New Orleans should be enough. Then also save your border to Kentucky with about an half army. Florida, Georgia etc i let about 4 units in garrison to prevent for landing troops. All what i have left to spend will be used to reinforce Lee`s army in Virgina.
    You must find a good balance between raising troops and build up economy.

Do you suggest expansion in Mexico? From Texas? Or New Mexico toward Santa fee?
    And when your saying 4-5 you mean troops correct? Kentucky looks easy to take with only 3 federal units. Should that draw attention away from Virgina. Sorry to ask all these questions. Just trying to figure what the a1 is going to do. Will it chase my units?
    Plus I'm planning to send a few trade ships across the seas.

Roma Surrectum Greek/Spartan Researcher/Tester.

Hi Shokh, I've been trying to install but getting various errors... the latest error reads - Application load error 5:0000065434. I've installed the fix but same error, any ideas please? Previous versions have not worked either!?! Thanks ... Forget what I just said, banged my head against it and now I'm a little further, I'll post my findings in a bit... Thanks again
    Last edited by Gengis Dhen; February 21, 2011 at 07:30 AM.

@ swhunter
    Only protect your eastern borders. Not invade their. Focus to hold against the northern enemy.

@ Gengis Dhen
    Either false installed or an shared game version?