Thread: Announcement: A fresh Breeze

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Default Announcement: A fresh Breeze

Hello everybody,
    As most of you will know already, our leader Adherbal resigned from Chivalry: Total War two days ago.
    This action left us all very sad and more than a little shocked - but it also brought major cataclysms (how I love the word ) to this mod. In this announcement I want to convey some of the decisions we made during the last days to you, our loyal fans and all those who eagerly await our release.

Leadership

The first point I want to talk about (and the one most likely to provoke speculation) is the issue of leadership.
    After a few private discussions in the developer forums, we settled on a co-leadership system that you probably know from mods like R:TR, which means that two people will share the rights and responsibilites that accompany leadership.
    We decided to use such a system because it is more likely to succeed than a single-person leadership, that would face severe problems should the chief be demotivated or too busy to care much for modding.
    Well, without further ado, I present you our new leading duo:

militiaman and alpaca (I know it's me and I like talking about me in third person )

The Team

Of course, as always when people in important positions leave, this change will bring new ideas and different approaches to solving the problems of this team, and I hope we are going to do a good job. Rest assured that we will try our best.
    In the following paragraphs I want to post a few other announcements that will already show you some effects of that change (and I hope to the good):

I am happy to welcome a few new members to the team, namely:
    - Arakorn-Eir and Randarkmaan who will help us with the high-level stuff of the campaign map (regions, settlements, etc.)
    - Hody who will help us with the campaign and hopefully create some building models for us
    - Dark Fenrir, from Hegemonia: TW, who'll work on Bohemia and maybe a few other things
    - IceTorque, the creator of WarMap, who will help us with the lower-level campaign map parts (heights, ground types, ...)

Public Beta

The probably most interesting point for the majority you will be our plans for the next beta.
    I'd like to tell you anything specific on this, but we aren't sure about this ourselves yet. We will try to do what we planned for the early beta, and then release it.
    This is, if it works well and we are able to find another coder who can help me with the scripts, etc. that we want to include.
    If it doesn't work so well, we will probably release a less finished version, featuring large-scale multi-player battles but an unfinished campaign which will be playable but lack some distinct features.

Open Mod Policy

The last thing I want to communicate is that we will take a more open position towards cooperation with other mod teams than we did in the past. We will need to take all the help we can get if we want to finish this modification in due time.
    So if any teams are interested in a cooperation, just write me or militiaman a PM and we'll discuss the matter in the dev forums.

This is it for today - wish us luck!
    Last edited by militiaman; May 13, 2006 at 09:27 AM.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

Good luck
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

CTW is back in action, I take it?
    Good Luck!
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

Miles

Good luck from me as well. I hope this will get a new boost into the development of the game.

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.

Modding Beggar

What?Im there,but im not on the leaders list,cause i dont want to.

Oh good to hear you!!! i thought you left the team as Adherbal...

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca
    Open Mod Policy

The last thing I want to communicate is that we will take a more open position towards cooperation with other mod teams than we did in the past. We will need to take all the help we can get if we want to finish this modification in due time.
    So if any teams are interested in a cooperation, just write me or militiaman a PM and we'll discuss the matter in the dev forums.

This is it for today - wish us luck!
    EHem....Byzantium Total War formally extends a greeting and helping hand to CTW. Maybe we can work together a bit and help each other out.

Glad things are working out for you. I'm expecting a beta anytime

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

It sounds as another good news. Times is getting better I guess :-)

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

The Byzantium mod is also looking very good. I hope the offet will be accepted.
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

I registered only to tell u guys this: ur doing an amazing job, and i wish u all the best.
    I'm very eagerly awaiting ur beta
    Cheers to Chivteam!!

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

- Arakorn-Eir and Randarkmaan who will help us with the high-level stuff of the campaign map (regions, settlements, etc.)
    - Hody who will help us with the campaign and hopefully create some building models for us
    - Dark Fenrir, from Hegemonia: TW, who'll work on Bohemia and maybe a few other things
    - IceTorque, the creator of WarMap, who will help us with the lower-level campaign map parts (heights, ground types, ...)

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

I confirm that I am talking with Alpaca for some exchanges between BTW and CTW. :original:

I hope we can get to a common agreement. :original:
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Shadow_Imperator's Avatar Italo/Aussie hayseed

Is there a chance that the two team may merge for a combined effort.
    As Guderian said "Don't tickle, SMASH!" Make a go of it lads, this thing needs to be finished, not a half completed mod by the time MTW II comes 'round.
    "We are unable to choose the circumstances of our creation, and few of us choose our demise.
    However, as intelligent creatures of freewill, we are gifted, privileged, and so very fortunate; that we are able to choose the manner, in which we choose live". - Me

(If you like my quote or agree with it, you are welcome to add it to your own sig!).
    Under the patronage of Bulgaroctonos - PROTECTOR of the FAITH

Spiff's Avatar That's Ffips backwards

I agree, unless your plans are drasticaly different in terms of gameplay, the medieval mods should merge for several main reasons:

a)Release dates pushed forward, more time in the public before attention is consumed by MTW2
    b)Very little point in having two mods artisticaly very similar (shared media etc)
    c)Larger teams, less burden on everyone to work their socks off

All the Medieval mods for RTW are looking awsome, as a fan i simply want something playable
    Under the patronage of Tacticalwithdrawal | Patron of Agraes

Modding Beggar

Most of the medival mods concentrate on the 1000-1300 years hist,while ours goes up to 1500.So
    1)We already have almost all early units done,so other teams wont help(note that im only talking about graphis,cause i dont know much about scripting and how its possible to cooperate with other mods on scripts and so on)
    2)I havent seen any other mod making units of 1400-1500y.(except for Citadel TW),so giving our models to other teams will make their life easier,not ours.
    Btw we are cooperating with CrusaderTW by sharing our buildings =)

Yap...Chivalry gave us the christian buildings and we are doing the muslim ones.