Thread: A Phoenix from the Ashes, A Faustian Reich AAR

♔The Lizard King♔'s Avatar Citizen

Default A Phoenix from the Ashes, A Faustian Reich AAR

The winds of war blow across the Faustian land, as often as the rains of Ibellica. The average Germanic male is no stranger to the ways of war, or to the horror, yet honor it brings. Growing up in Hoth, I heard stories highlighting the exploits of the army traversing the Mesocala plains, or the Syrian desert. I've heard stories of the navy in the great Romuli bays, and sailing across the seas of the north. My envy of them is only paralleled by my genuine interest in detailing and highlighting these adventures. I am Volker. Bed-ridden for quite sometime, I dedicate my life to that of chronicaller of the Faustian Reich, rather then soldier or diplomat. My nationalistic fire must be quenched somehow, and since my legs don't work, me joining the Kaiser's Rifles isn't such a good idea. So until Christ, determines me worthy of a miracle, I shall sit here, and write. I'm not very good, so don't expect much of me. I shall attempt to update this book as often as my time allows me, and to the best of my abilities.

**The Post Below is to be edited throughout the lifespan of the AAR, to include War and Battle statistics. Each war has the name of the participants and their respective colors below it. In the spoilers are teh actual battles of the war, along with other information. Each battle is color coded, to represent the winner of the battle.

Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Last edited by ♔The Lizard King♔; January 29, 2011 at 11:25 AM.

Default Re: A Phoenix from the Ashes, A Faustian Reich AAR

The Hispano-Faustian War
    The Faustian Reich vs. Povos da Hispânia
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Battle of Bonita Cerrito
    245 ST
    Faustian- Captain Johannes(d): 151/66
    Hispanic- Captain Alvaro: 717/6

The Siege of Talus
    246 ST
    Faustian- Prince Ulrich(d): 1620/250
    Hispanic- Segundo Garcia(d): 1157/1157

The Battle of El Camino Alto
    246 ST
    Faustian- Kaiser Heinrich, Jonas Raspe: 3021/153
    Hispanic- Captain Martinho: 1690/1442

The Battle of Desierto Rojo
    247 ST
    Faustian- Kaiser Heinrich, Albrecht Engle: 3191/54
    Hispanic- Captain Rui(d), Captain Lourenco(e), Captain Manoel(d): 1929/1820

The Battle of Llanuras Grises
    247 ST
    Faustian- Kaiser Heinrich, Albrecht Engle, Jonas Raspe, Thorsten Faust: 5065/33
    Hispanic- Captain Diogo(d): 410/410

The Battle of La Encrucijada
    247 ST
    Faustian- Albrecht Engle, Thorsten Faust: 1971/0
    Hispanic- Captain Vermuu(d), Captain Laurencius: 447/395

TOTALS:
    556 Faustian Casualties
    5230 Hispanic Casualties

Complete Totals:

556 Faustians have died fighting for crown and country.

5230 Hispanics have fallen before us.
    Last edited by ♔The Lizard King♔; January 29, 2011 at 11:25 AM.

Chapter 1
    245 ST- 246 ST

The story, or at least, the part of the Faustian story I care to read about and explain, begins 245 years, since the Great Torment wreaked havoc across the land. This is a story we all know well, and I shall not bore you in repeating it.

Politically, the Kingdom of Avalon and the Reich signed an alliance. A meeting between the Faustian Princess Olga Faust, and the Avalonian princess Bella established trade rights between the two growing powers, traded map information between the two now friendly courts, and promised military aid to one another, should the need arise. While the Kingdom of Avalon was entrenched in a war against the Gaelic tribes on Tethra, they requested no aid against the Barbarians, (and assuredly, the Kaiser was not prepared to give them any.)

Back in Castle Barbarossa the good news was quickly offset by the untimley death of Grand Inquisitor Zappa. While, for many years in the past, relations between the Inquisition and the Reich had been tense at best, Kaiser Heinrich, a pious man had been warming the relations, to the point in which Zappa himself described relations to be "Oustanding". Zappa and Heinrich in fact, kept in contact with each other, through letters and representatives, and the Kaiser even initiated a massive church building project that continued through the Reich for many years.

This relationship could be seen through the Faustian monopoly on the College of Cardinals. A Faustian "uncomfortable majority" (as quoted by a Draculian cardinal) of Cardinals resided in the Vatican. Thus it came as a suprise to no one when Peter Scherer, Faustian Cardinal over took his Valientian opponent Hesus the Righteous and Draculian rival Godzimir. Taking on the name Tomascius, for the first time, a Faustian Germanic revelled in the title of Grand Inqusitor. A Faustian finally commandeered the whole of Christendom. The loss of Grand Inqusitor Zappa was, of course, a stunning blow to Kaiser Heinrich. But at the same time, the ascension of Tomascius ushered in a new era of Faustian power.

Yet the celebratory status of the appointment was soon loss. A messanger from the south of the Empire had the pleasure to inform his Majesty, the Kaiser that the Faustian Reich was at war.

To the south, in the Hispanic lands a growing resentment between the Germans and their newly conquored Hispanic neighbors (land gained after the Otterbach wars.) eventually became international, when mass migrations began occuring to the Hispanic Tribes to the south, Povos da Hispânia. The refugees came baring word of Faustian injustice, and general detestment, causing several prominant Hispanic novels to publicly cry for German blood. For awhile, the cries fell on death ears. Challenging the Faustian Reich would have been a foolish endeavor to say the least. So, Primeiro Nuno Hispanic King dispersed the nobles, and ended all immediate thoughts of a possible "Hispanic-Faustian War." Yet the sentiment continued to grow with the people.

And as the black lines continued to get closer to the light blue ones on the map, anger against the German's continued to seethe, however subdued in the Hispanic populous. A refusal of a Faustian offer to trade rights in 243 ST gave the Faustian's a reason to bulk up forces in the southern regions of it's empire, which ended up giving King Nuno a reason to build up his forces across the border. Any one of any sort of sense new that the two nations would sooner, or later, be plunged into war. The question was simply when.

That answer came on September 3rd, 245 ST. A Faustian pike unit, stumbled across the border of the two nations, enroute to one of the man forts that the Kaiser had set up in the region. The unit, commanded by a Captain Johannes was promptly assaulted and routed by a local Hispanic noble's forces, under Captain Alvaro's leadership. 66 Faustian's were killed that day, as compared to only 6 Hispanics. Captain Alvaro was chivalric to say the least. The routing Faustians were not harried, and all captured Faustians were promptly released. Claiming the Faustians illegally entered into Hispanic land, Alvaro argued his actions to King Nuno, who then argued to Kaiser Heinrich that the blood was on his hands, and that peace should ultimately reign supreme between the two nations.

But the embarrasing defeat of the Faustian force at the hand of the "barbarians" was to not be forgotten. Forgoing all attempts at reconciliation, Heinrich ordered a massive armed expedition into the Pagan lands. Faustian citizens were enraged by the "Bonita Cerrito Massacre", and sent Faustian boys to join the military in droves. Keeping with his pious nature, this "undeclared" crusade against the Pagan hispanic's was brough about in large part with the ascension of a Faustian to the Vatican throne. Several armies entered into Hispanic lands, among them was one directed towards the Hispanic city of Talus, directly across the border of the Faustian military capital of the region, Ceuta. This army was commanded by Prince Ulrich, the heir to the Faustian throne, and King Heinrich's favorite son.

The armies march to Talus was short, yet the terror the iron clad, musket weilding soldiers brough to the locals was tremendous. On the anniversary of the Bonita Cerrito massacre, the German army was reported to of sacked entire villages to show their genuine hate of their Pagan counterparts. Eventually, the force reached the city, and promptly attacked it, utilizing it's artillery peices to tear apart the Hispanic Walls. Mortar shots, coupled with Sepertine hits struck Hispanic soldier and building alike, whilst Culverin shot tore down the walls of the city.

Eventually, four large holes formed in the battered walls, proving unable to stand up to the Faustian gunpowder onslaught. Yet, Hispanic forces stood defiantly staring across the open plain at their black clad Faustian enemies. Commanded by the heir to the Hispanic throne, Segundo Garcia, the Hispanic's suffered several dozen casualties from the initial bombardment by the Faustian forces. Yet, as the Faustian infantry, supplemented by massive reserves of local Hispanic Mercanaries (known as "Los Traidors" by the Hispanics) moved in, the bombardment continued. The first Faustian casualties however, were felt the moment they entered into the actual city. Javelins thrown by Hispanic cavalry, struck down several men almost immediatley, whilst more javelins from Hispanic skirmishers rained upon the armored Germans as they ran up the streets towards the city square, looking for Hispanics to fight.

And the Hispanic Garrison obliged the Germans. Knowing the German artillery would be called off the moment the actual engagement began, the Hispanics charged into the Faustian advance up the mainstreet. What the Hispanics didn't account for, however, was the units of Grenadiers the Faustians had pulled up to the rear of it's seige parties. The Hispanics, facing the Faustian Currasairs were shocked, nonetheless, to find entire units of men blown to bits. Those that survived the initial shock of the explosion were stabbed as they attempted to get up.

The result was almost a wholesale slaughter of the Hispanic garrison, who were simply unable to contend with the Faustian grenadiers. A cavalry charge was soon ordered, leading to several dozen of the lightly clad Hispanic's to retreat. Leading the charge was the Prince Ulrich, facing off against his counter-part, Segundo Garcia. The melee ultimatley brought the forces to the city center, where the Hispanics attempted to forge a last ditch effort at repelling the Faustian assault. Somewhere in the mix, Prince Ulrich was seen, falling from his horse. As to wether or not he immediatley survived the fall, and was killed by a Hispanic tribemen, or if he was dead upon his fall, is not known. Shouts of "the Prince is Dead!" travelled through the Faustian lines. Soon, however, they were coupled with cries of Garcia's death. Before too long, it was apparent that both heirs died. The Hispanic garrison was eventually completley erradicated, and the Faustians celebrated a somber victory in the city square. A popular thought of the time was that the heirs were mutually killed in battle with one another, however, post battle examinations show that the bodies of the two were indeed across the square from each other.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Regardless, the effect was felt. Prince Ulrich was dead, the first major casualty of the war. The city was promptly looted by the furious Faustian forces, with the Pagan population exterminated "in the name of the Lord.", along with the captured Hispanic prisoners. King Heinrich openly wept over his sons death, reported repeating his name over and over in a state of near hysterics. The fighting itself was bloody, yet Hispanic casualties largely outweighed the Faustian ones, a theme that would continue for the rest of the war.

The initial fighting of the war was over. Faustian prestige had been restored. Faustian bloodlust was not yet fulfilled however.

Next up, The Battle (Massacre) of El Camino Alto
    Last edited by ♔The Lizard King♔; January 29, 2011 at 11:26 AM.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

cool, a Faustian aar! you have my support!

Daraunon's Avatar Senator

This was wonderful,I like your style and the detail you put in your work. Keep this up and running,a lot of people will follow with interest.

Really great AAR. I'll certainly watch the progress here, all the details and screenshots are great!

PS: where in the game I cant take a map like the one posted in the AAR? I'm really curious.

To be honest I'm not really a big fan of the Faustian Reich but so far this AAR is pretty good, maybe I might give them a go...

Thanks guys!

@jan

Just go to C:/program files/Sega/Medievel II/mods/Therav3/data/world/maps/base

In that folder, it's the file map_regions. Just copy and paste them somewhere else, and you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lizard King View Post
    @jan

Just go to C:/program files/Sega/Medievel II/mods/Therav3/data/world/maps/base

In that folder, it's the file map_regions. Just copy and paste them somewhere else, and you're good to go.
    Thanks. I was aware of that file, but I never considered using it as a template

Chapter 2
    246 ST- 247 ST

Forgive me if this Chapter seemed a bit late coming. Today, I write to you about the continuing conflict between my Faustian ancestors, and the Barbarian Hispanic Hordes.

Now, you see, after the Seige of Talus, and the death of the noble Prince Ulrich, Kaiser Heinrich was thrown into fits of depression and rage over the untimely death of his son. His piety increased tenfold, as he began to view his sons loss as little, but one of many sacrifices it would take to cleanse the Pagan lands of their heathen occupants. Of course, the Grand Inqusitor gave more then a little encouragement to the throat process- after all, more Christians means more subjects for him to "direct."

The Hispanic side of it all saw the defeat as nothing but a grievous loss to the invading Northerners, hellbent on spreading nothing but their religion and blood into proud Hispanic territory. One by one, young Hispanic males prayed to Indalo and went off to fight the German "Diablos.". The prime target for any such Hispanic counter assault, would obviously be the recently captured town of Talus, with it's populace still heartedly resisting their new Faustian overlords. A Captain Martino, recruited in the Hispanic city, Hispadia was ordered to lead a fairly large army against the newly instate Faustian garrison there.

And this is where our fair Kaiser Heinrich saw his oppurtunity to pay the Hispanics back for the death of his son. Spies, closely tracking the advancing Hispanic force to a region that the locals called "El Camino Alto", or the High Roads. Quickly dispatching, and leading his personal army from Ceuta, and the remants of his son's army from Talus, under the command of a General Jonas Raspe, Heinrich managed to traverse the Hispanic plains and forests to surround the enemy army. Almost outnumbering the enemy by twice as many troops, Captain Martino had little to do, but sit in the midst of a forest, and await the Faustian assault. Kaiser Heinrich sat all night in prayer before the battle, staring at the full moon over the plains, as his soldiers prepared for what surely was going to be the greatest victory the Reich had yet experienced. The Hispanics too stayed up all night, gazing at the many hundreds of fires surrounding their positions. Prayers too were held from their camps, but as the survivers recall, their was a certain "sobriety in the air."

However, if the Hispanics knew they were dead men walking, they surely did not show in the next morning. Taking position in the forests, they gazed upon the approaching black clad Faustian line infantry with sullen, tired eyes. Scouts reported another force, headed by Jonas Raspe had indeed entered the region. The young Hispanic men knew not the drama about to unfold. With a blow of his horn, Captain Martino ordered a slow, cautious advance of his force. Many of them never seeing a German, let alone such ornately dressed ones, their curiousity was soon shattered by the crackling of rifles, and the whizzing of bullets.

Here is where the first Hispanic died, assuredly killed by a member of the Kaiser's Rifles. Yet, before long, they were falling by the dozens, with row after row of Faustian Line firing at the approaching Hispanics. Yet they did not break. Seeing the death of his men under the hail of Faustian lead, Captain Martino ordered his forces rush the charge, in the hopes of engaging the Faustian line before more casualties could amount. As to wether or not this would have actually had any effect is unknown. A few Hispanic skirmishers managed to toss javelins into the Faustian lines, killing a few of the Germans, before the roar of a Faustian serpentine struck Martino straight off his horse. But as to wether or not the Hispanics realized their leader was dead at this point was unknown. As, all the while the forces began advancing against the Faustian Line, a massive cavalry detachment, headed by Kaiser Heinrich himself had maneuvered itself behind the enemy advance.

So when the Hispanic infantry finally managed to lock swords with their Faustian enemies they found themselves completely surrounded by masses of infantry and cavalry. A mass route ensued. Understandably, the Hispanics, many of whom were under the age of 20 years took great fear to the sheer power of the Reichs forces, and began running for their lives. Currasair infantry followed their lightly armoured opponents deep into the forest where small pockets of resistance began appearing. Yet, this was not the norm. The general route was followed closely by the Kaiser and his light cavalry, chasing down the "cowards", delivering mighty blows to the head and back of all of those that dare run from the Reichs forces.

Sooner, rather then later, the Hispanics couragous enough to hold their ground against the Faustian's soon found their position completely hopeless. And so in a single battle, 1,500 Hispanics lay dieing on the "El Camino Alto" as just about 150 Faustians met the same fate. As one Valiente observer noted, "It was hardly a victory, just the most glorified form of butchery.". Of course, the accuracy of this statement, based on the Hispanic actions at the Massacre of Bonita Cerrito is doubtful. The Kaiser simply saw a ample oppurtunity to strike a massive blow to organzing Hispanic resistance in the area, and delivered it, quite accordingly. The Faustian's were the ruler of Talus, quite clearly at this point, and Hispanic King, Primeiro Nuno at this point came to slowly accept that.

Spoiler for Battle of El Camino Alto

Yet, the tribes of the Hispanic confederation did not. Yet another force was organized to counter the Kaiser's advance into Hispadia, and if at all possible, restrike at Talus. This time, a Captain Rui found himself encamped in the desert regions outside of the city, awaiting reinforcements for an attack on the Kaiser's army. Yet, after a year of occupying the outer regions around El Camino Alt, Heinrich was once again on the move. Once again seizing the initiative, the Kaiser and his general Albrecht Engle set off to strike the Hispanic force before it gained too much strength.

The fighting, this time in the "Desierto Rojo" took a similar course as the last encounter between the two nations forces. Captain Rui, while no military expert, was no idiot. His light infantry and poorly graded missile troops could not successfully advance against the Faustian forces. With the memories of his dead comrade in arms, Martinho still fresh in the memory, along with the subsequent massacre of his army, Rui took defensive measures, in hopes of drawing the Faustians into a frontal assault onto his force. Taking what he believed to be the highground in the area, Rui contently sat on the hill, overlooking the desert plain in front of him, anxiously awaiting any Faustian advance. His skirmisher units prepared to pepper any assaulting force with a slew of javelins, Rui soon saw an armed force, similar to what Martinho must have seen appear across the horizon. Yet they sat, and seemed to wait for an assault too. Disregarding the pleas of some of his over zealous troops, Rui sat, and waited for his rivals to make their move.

Heinrich, fully aware of the effect of Hispanic javelins on his lightly clad soldiers also decided to sit and wait. But as his soldiers waited, he decided to pull his trump card. Soon, several pieces of artillery were wheeled to the front of his Faustian Line infantry, and began to load up with shells. And with the single uttering of the word "fire", the Battle of Desierto Rojo began. Several dozen men died with from the initial impact, the Serpentine shot bouncing through the Hispanic lines indiscriminently. Then a pause. And another round of explosions, followed by more mass confusion and death in the Hispanic lines. As mean crawled around trying to find their friends, and limbs, the young Captain was forced to make a decision; as to wether or not he would attempt to assault the Faustian guns, to silence them, or if he would pray the Faustians would run out of ammo. Knowing either route would lead to the destruction of his forces, he decided to go down a fighting man.

With a raise of his sword, a slow, yet steady Hispanic advance began. Several hundred Hispanic reinforcements joined the battle too, as more and more Faustian's poured onto the field. The slew of Faustian bullets, much in the same manner at El Camino began to spray the Hispanic lines. Dozens at a time, men simply fell over, the life shot out from them. Yet Rui continued riding proudly with his sword high in the air. That is, until a Faustian bullet tore him from his horse. And, almost to a T, the Battle of Desierto Rojo ended with a mass route, as Faustian Light Cavalry headed by Kaiser Heinrich pinned the Hispanics, then chased down the survivors. Despite his hesitation at the begining of the Battle, Rui managed to inflict less damage to the Faustian's then his predescessor. Almost 1,000 Hispanics were captured by Heinrich's cavalry, (993 to be exact.) who, without hesistation, ordered no quarter be given to the cowards.

Spoiler for Battle of Desierto Rojo

With the death of almost 5,000 men in the span of a year, King Nuno, along with his nobles, realised that it wasn't a matter of if the Faustians would occupy the whole of the northern territories, but rather, of when. Hispadia beckoned Heinrichs forces. And after the dispersement of essentially any major threat to the advancing Faustians, the Kaiser's forces had a fun time destroying the remaining Hispanic forces. A battle at Llanuras Grises soon after, found 410 Hispancis dead, at the expensive of 33 Faustians. Fighting at La Encrucijada found 394 Hispanic dead, and not a single Faustian injured. In an attempt to restore faith in the Hispanic crown, and some sort of control to the region, Primiero Nuno himself took control of forces in Hispadia, only to find himself besieged by Albrecht Engle, not three weeks after taking residency in the city.

Spoiler for Battle of Llanuras Grises

Spoiler for La Encrucijada

Heinrich himself led forces to the south, accompanied by Jonas Raspe, with a flanking army under the control of Thorsten Faust (A young aspiring general, and nephew to the Kaiser.). A Hispanic delegation was dispatched to Talus, under the control of Princess Maria de Sousa. Many of the recently conquored Hispanics, at the sight of their princess openly wept in the streets. She was recieved at the Garrison Headquarters, quite cordially. After a formal dinner, and and some other pleasantries, the two sides got down to business. Quite plainly, she described the plight of her people, and requested that the barbaries stopped. Peace at current borders was the best she could offer, with her nation being completely bankrupt from the war. Yet her proposal was flat out reject. The governer, Hans Volchek, a pious man in his own right, also promptly dismissed the princess from the Faustian lands period. Dismayed, to say the least, the Princess turned back east, to report to her father Primeiro Nuno in Hispadia, only to find the city surrounded by Faustian troops, in the process of assaulting it. Dismayed, now looking at it was an understatement.

Next up, Siege of Hispadia

*In the process of updating that reserved post. Hope you enjoyed reading it!
    Last edited by ♔The Lizard King♔; January 29, 2011 at 11:29 AM.

Daraunon's Avatar Senator

Excellent! I almost feel bad for the Povos,but I can't wait to see how the siege will go.

Glad to see someone liked it

I'm currently typing up chapter three. In Game, I'm at least 20 years ahead of this lol.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Great writing mate, +rep. I look forward to reading more

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :