Thread: Theory on "Multi-Battle" Campaigns

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

Default Theory on "Multi-Battle" Campaigns

There seems to be some confusion and speculation concerning the Medieval 2 press release. Just to clarify things - Medieval 2 will include enhanced multiplayer that will include "multi-battle campaigns". This does not refer to a multiplayer campaign mode but a series of multiplayer battles. We�ll reveal full details of the multiplayer enhancements in the months to come.
    Shogun's post at the .com

I think what he means by a "series of multiplayer battles" is that players will get to embar on epic battles between two rival factions. For example, The English have landed in Calais and have besieged it, The French army under King Philip have come to relieve the siege.

Historically, the French retreated and abandoned Calais, though in the game you (The French) have a choice to assault the heavily fortified english position in the swamplands or you could retreat and leave Calais to the English, saving your army for better purposes, and then the enemy (The English) could choose to pursue the retreating French, or stay and besiege the French Garrison at Calais.

I would very much like to see things like that pop up in the "Multi-Battle campaigns" CA is talking about.

Scar Face's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

What they mean is (I read it all last night) you get to play Historical Campaigns like in MTW...a famous battle that happned etc. They said however each battle plays into the next. From how I take it they mean that if you lose a battle in the next historically one (say you historically one it and were the attacker) you would have less troops? Who knows.

Drunken's Avatar Semisalis

I think it will just be, as Scar_Face said, a few linked battles where the conditions of each army and the location varies depending on who won the previous battle. Sounds great

Default Re: Theory on "Multi-Battle" Campaigns

Hmmm....I wonder, was this ever implemented??
    Now, there is nothing you can do, but become, a freak!!!!
    - Freako The Clown

k_161's Avatar Miles

"No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity. But I know none, and therefore I am no beast"

Senator

I guess multi-battle campaigns will be an impvrovement over the RTW multiplayer system, but it is SUCH a shame that they do not have multiplayer campaign mode. I know people will say that MP campaign mode will be too time consuming to play, but just look at the civilization series, they were able to pull it off, and they even included different game modes for speeding up the campaigns.

While it may not be the best thing for online, it would definately be fun to embark on a long campaign with a buddy who is also into TW. Remember, you can always save the game and continue it anytime.

I really wish they would add this in an expansion pack but I highly doubt it's going to happen.