Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Emergent Factions Playable

Default Re: Emergent Factions Playable

hi, thanks for the page for the dmuc download. I got the pirates one (i think it was on the 3rd post) and it asked me to open it with something so i chose dmuc, it worked with the pirates but when i tried the irish it didnt ask me what to open it with it just used dmuc, but then i checked on every part of dmuc and the irish werent there. Did i do something wrong??

hello,

if you want to play theirish, you have to swap the pirate startpos with theireland in your dmuc folder

here; C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\DMUC_Umain

hi i checked the folder but it just showed a folder called turns, scriptin.lua and only 1 startpos.esf but no specifics, oh and in the turns folder it says startpos.3t and startpos.4t.

you need to remove the startpos, (not the ones in the folder) save it somewhere, then copy and paste whichever startpos in that you want and it will work like a charm

the Cap

Icon5 Re: Emergent Factions Playable

I'm sorry I am new to this, how do I play as Ireland as I cant find the startpos download anywhere ?

Just regular btw I don't have any mods please - Ireland i see the downloads for the other things just not the startpos

Quote Originally Posted by tomtram224 View Post
    I'm sorry I am new to this, how do I play as Ireland as I cant find the startpos download anywhere ?
    Hellothere,

no need to apologise

3rd post , about 4th one down

you'll need to unpack it with .7zip (its free, just type it into google)

The Cap

Hi Cap, Mod sounds great so i went to try the USA. Think i installed it correctly as i can start EmpireTW and select the 13 colonies in the Grand Campaign but the game crashes as soon as i start the game. Any incite into a cause, ive tried everything that comes to mind ?

EDIT: apparently it crashes for any country i pick while the USA startpos.esf is installed

suppose it would help to mention I'm using that DM 7.0 mod

hello Cpt Jimmy,

firstly sometimes having only DM cause problems as these are for DMUC (although sometimes they work)

alsom to play as the usa, you need to pick them, not the 13 colonies. although from the sounds of it (no factions working), the download might have corrupted

The Cap

Mostly finished Greece stratpos

instructions to finish it off at home

i cant do it all for you because ive un-installed my DMUC because im working on the Victoria total war project now, but I will do as much as i can and i'll tell you exactly how to do the rest yourself instead as i dont like to leave people hanging.

Key; sp=startpos
    ed=esf editor
    gr=greece
    sg=savegame

Step 1 (getting Greece on the map)
    -open the game and select to play with THE OTTOMANS, ignore for the moment gr
    -now immediately open the faction negotiations page and find gr, they will be there.
    -select to talk with gr and offer to give them the greece region for free. (do not include any other negotiations like trade agreement etc)
    -they will accept, shut the list and SAVETHE GAME

Step 2 (the hybrid startpos)
    -open your ed
    -open your sg using the save game tab, inside the same editor (ie open 2 simultaneously)
    -open your sp and follow this path to here;
    startpos>campaign startpos>campaign env>campaign model
    -DO NOT ENTER 'campaign model' instead right click on it and select delete.
    -it might take a while but eventually it will turn red,
    -now open your sg, follow the same instructions as above, but click copy on 'campaign model' instead.
    -now go back to you sp and close it up one step, so you can right click on 'CAMPAIGN_ENV'
    -select paste,this will take a while. do not worry if it any point is says 'not responding' it soon will be fine
    -now save your sp and your editing is finished

Step 3 (testing)
    -Now if everything has gone to plan, open up the game and selct gr, and everything should be sorted nice and loevly
    -There might be the Fog of war bug where everything is darked out, but if you use the list tab on the right hand bottom corner to selct your capital, build a unit and the next turn you can select it (using list tab again) and walk him about, giving you visibility

The Cap
    Last edited by Captain Jack Aubrey; February 15, 2012 at 08:59 AM. Reason: updated instructons

nlovertoom's Avatar Tiro

So you dont plan to release one for Greece?
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives."

Quote Originally Posted by nlovertoom View Post
    So you dont plan to release one for Greece?
    sorry but i dont plan on makng any further addidtions until im finished with the Victoria Total war mod. if i do anymore it will be like this, a startpos that is already heavily modded but needs the user to do the final couple of steps

The Cap

Hey Cap,

thanks for your work, I tried some of your emergent startpos and really enjoyed playing them

But after playing your complete tech startpos from your monster startpos thread, I somehow missed the nice additions in these emergent startpos, so i edited your two turn complete tech startpos for the mamelukes being playable. After some difficulties it is working quite well now. Probably there will follow some other emergents. If it is ok for you I would load them up here, as an addition to those you allready made.

But I donīt wanted to do it without asking you, cause you did most of the work

Quote Originally Posted by lapuvida View Post
    Hey Cap,

thanks for your work, I tried some of your emergent startpos and really enjoyed playing them

But after playing your complete tech startpos from your monster startpos thread, I somehow missed the nice additions in these emergent startpos, so i edited your two turn complete tech startpos for the mamelukes being playable. After some difficulties it is working quite well now. Probably there will follow some other emergents. If it is ok for you I would load them up here, as an addition to those you allready made.

But I donīt wanted to do it without asking you, cause you did most of the work
    by all means put them up here!!

if you wanted them, im sure other people will. hell, 3/4of my mods up here i made for myself before i uploaded them

just call them CJA's Complete Tech Emergents playable; Presented/Created/whatever by Lapuvida or something equally grand sounding, (that the key ive found impressive sounding names like Complete or Monster)

The Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Aubrey View Post
    by all means put them up here!!

if you wanted them, im sure other people will. hell, 3/4of my mods up here i made for myself before i uploaded them

just call them CJA's Complete Tech Emergents playable; Presented/Created/whatever by Lapuvida or something equally grand sounding, (that the key ive found impressive sounding names like Complete or Monster)

The Cap
    Done

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

DMUC update 23 works with USA startpos without any complications?.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Most likely they will work fine, since the startpos files haven't been changed by any of the betas

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Well, i have tried with Ultimate Campaign. Things got messed up then i decided to go back original UC startpos.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Really all campaigns like this need to go into the custom campaign slot and nowhere else-that is the slot intended for them.