Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Emergent Factions Playable

Default Re: Emergent Factions Playable

Quote Originally Posted by Wetblowdryer View Post
    When you say, "To Install, simply copy and paste the new startpos over your original startpos, CJA recommends backing up your original startpos before installing the new one here" What do you mean over the original startpos?

I'm an idiot when it comes to computers, please help.
    hello there.

firstly its no problem
    secondly i probably hadnt made it cler enough oblameme instead.

if your are in the correct folder for the mod
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\DMUC_Umain

-then there should be a file called startpos.esf.
    -simply copy and paste this somewhere (anywhere it doesnt matter, just as long as you can find it if the want Dmuc back how it was before)
    -once this is done, copy and paste the file startpos.esf from my downloaded file into thesame folder as before. it should say "do you want too replace this file", clickyes. and Hurrah, it is done, nice and easy

hope this helps

The Cap

Hallo captain im greek citizen and i want a startpos.esf and scripting.lua for Greece plz i happen to have one file but it ctd to death at the year of 1701!im looking forward to hearing from u!

Quote Originally Posted by downloadman View Post
    Hallo captain im greek citizen and i want a startpos.esf and scripting.lua for Greece plz i happen to have one file but it ctd to death at the year of 1701!im looking forward to hearing from u!
    hello there,

have you looked at causa bella, and specfically CB extra as that hs greece playableplus a whole host of greek special units and buildings. this is better for you obviously as my startpos mods only makeemergents playable nott all nice and shiny like cb

link
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393918

hope this helps

The Cap

Hey Cap I was wondering How I use this one and your Minor Factions mod.
    Thanks!!!

I have two questions please:

1/ Can I play this in a 4T/Year setting?

2/ Why are the buildings prices too low? Playing with the Mameluks: I have these prices:
    - Provincial Barracks 112 (compared to 1500 for other factions!!)
    - Bey's Mansion 300
    - School of Poetry 150
    - Settlement Fortifications 600
    Is this intentional? If so, please tell me how can I restore the default settings.

Thank you.
    Last edited by NewDawn; December 27, 2011 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackath View Post
    Hey Cap I was wondering How I use this one and your Minor Factions mod.
    Thanks!!!
    im sorry, you cant combine the two becuse they are both seperate startpos, the only way would be to mod my minor factions startpos yourself, using this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272139, to make emergents playable in that

The Cap

Quote Originally Posted by NewDawn View Post
    I have two questions please:

1/ Can I play this in a 4T/Year setting?

2/ Why are the buildings prices too low? Playing with the Mameluks: I have these prices:
    - Provincial Barracks 112 (compared to 1500 for other factions!!)
    - Bey's Mansion 300
    - School of Poetry 150
    - Settlement Fortifications 600
    Is this intentional? If so, please tell me how can I restore the default settings.

Thank you.
    firstly you can, although you'll need to mod the startpos with an esf editor, heres how to do it,

+CHANGING THE TURNS PER YEAR
    -step1: backup you startpos
    -step2: open this startpos via the esf editor
    -step3: open CAMPAIGN_STARTPOS
    -step4: then CAMPAIGN_ENV
    -step5: then CAMPAIGN_MODEL
    -step6: then click on CAMPAIGN_CALENDAR, 3 values will appear (a 3 and two 0's) the 3 is the turns per year, change it to your preference (8, 23, 9563923, whatever)
    -step7: save startpos
    -step8: make sure that this startpos is the one in the Empire data folder
    -step9: PLAY WITH A CUSTOM TURNS PER YEAR

and seondly, i get that sometimes with my modded statpos', althoughit usually goes back to normal on turn 2, if thi doesnt happen, just tell me andi'll tryto help some more

The Cap

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Is there anyway you can add the mexican units to the campaign? I really dont understand myself how to add them.

Also, how do you change portraits and all that, really pretty much the only thing that is mexican is the region and the flag. Is there anyway i can change the portraits and names or are they already there and i just dont understand how to place them?
    Can you use them in custom battle?
    Last edited by saxdude; January 03, 2012 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    Is there anyway you can add the mexican units to the campaign? I really dont understand myself how to add them.

Also, how do you change portraits and all that, really pretty much the only thing that is mexican is the region and the flag. Is there anyway i can change the portraits and names or are they already there and i just dont understand how to place them?
    Can you use them in custom battle?
    hello there,

firstly, yes you can add units to mexico very easily, see here( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=239419)
    although id suggest using the db editor instead (i use dbe 1.8) of the PFM as the db editor is a lot easir to use, although the pfm is needed for flag changes and the like, as it can open any.pack file where the db edtor can only open ones with db tables contained within.

secondly, the portatrits of the starting government should be there from the outset of the campaign, and the replacement governors will spawn in at the rate of 1 a turn until all 5 slots are filled. you can also manually edit them from inside the startpos (only the starting ministers mind you) although you will need the pfm to open the correct DMUC.pack that contains the new portarits and add/replace and correspond that with the portait path that is in the 'character array' area of the startpos, forthat you'll need an esf editor (i use 1.4.5 because of all the extra detailing that cuts searching time down, but some people prefer 1.4.3 because they say it is more stable) see here (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272139)

thirdly, to use mexico in custom battles, you'll need your db editing tool to edit the 'factions_table' and in the coloumn marked 'avaliable early' 'avaliable late' (or something very similar) put true, if i recall, youmay need to make a new .pack (usethe pfm for this) that contains this table, properly indexed, and get it working as its the esiest way i know for this

goodluck

The Cap

Gustin's Avatar Civis

Cap'n Jack, firstly thanks for all the work you and your fellow conspirators are doing for us grunts to make ETW more enjoyable and challenging.

Secondly, I downloaded the pirates file, and I closely followed the instructions you gave above for wetblowdryer. However, I end up getting an impossible error message: copy-paste function failed due to insufficient storage.
    Impossible because the file is 49M, and I've got free 86G in my hard drive. How can this be? Have you or anyone else had this problem? I don't know what to do with this, any advice is welcome,thanks.
    "I will not wish thee riches nor the glow of greatness, but that wherever thou go, some weary heart shall gladden at thy smile, or shadowed life know sunshine for awhile. And so thy path shall be a track of light, like angels' footsteps passing through the night."
    ~~ Words on a church wall in Upwaltham, England

Quote Originally Posted by Gustin View Post
    Cap'n Jack, firstly thanks for all the work you and your fellow conspirators are doing for us grunts to make ETW more enjoyable and challenging.

Secondly, I downloaded the pirates file, and I closely followed the instructions you gave above for wetblowdryer. However, I end up getting an impossible error message: copy-paste function failed due to insufficient storage.
    Impossible because the file is 49M, and I've got free 86G in my hard drive. How can this be? Have you or anyone else had this problem? I don't know what to do with this, any advice is welcome,thanks.
    hello there,

otherthan a corrupted download, ive no idea, all idsay ismake sure you have unzipped it before putting it inas that might cause problems,but no body else has said anything about this,ive never had it, so beyond redownloading, im stumped. sorry old boy

The Cap

Laetus

I got a request, I would like to see the 13 colonies completely replaced by the USA faction.

Wondering as well if it is possible to change the turn speed to 4x per year.

Started this account to make these request, thanks for listening!
    First Post!!

hello,

sorry but im busy working on the Victoria Total war mod at the moment so it wont be soon.

however, every now and again i get some sparetime which i could do it and it wont be too difficult (famous last words), if it works i'll upload it, if it doesnt work, i'll tell you

The Cap

hi, i don't know what DM or DMUC is but i couldn't download the any of them and i would really like to play as the irish and usa

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireTotalWar97 View Post
    hi, i don't know what DM or DMUC is but i couldn't download the any of them and i would really like to play as the irish and usa
    hello there,

if you dont have either DM or DMUC, then id suggest scouring this area, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1073
    for any mods that make either the usa or ireland playable.

or you could alwys try to download DMUC again

The Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Aubrey View Post
    hello there,

if you dont have either DM or DMUC, then id suggest scouring this area, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1073
    for any mods that make either the usa or ireland playable.

or you could alwys try to download DMUC again

The Cap
    Hi, thanks for answering, i got the 7z thing (im not completely sure what im talking about XD) and ive got all the factions but the emergent ones crash the game so do these downloads you put up stop it from crashing,and where do i find DMUC download (i feel so stupid)

hello friends .. I'm new to the forum and I'm from Venezuela ..
    I need your help ..
    I do everything I say and everything is fine but when I load the faction of the great Colombia load just a little then I put the blank screen and says there is an error and should cerrarce empire total war ..

I have the razor empire total war of .. date with your razor update of course ... Thank you for your help.

I forgot, do the steps for DM ..

hello,

you can find the download for DMUC here, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=341088

@bevi, im confused by razor Empire total war, do you have the disk and play through steam?

The Cap

no I have no disk, download from internet .. but also brought the steam is installed separately .. bone first install the Empire Total War and then the steam program .. my empire total war is in the path C: \ Program Files \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ empire total war ... is updated to version 1.2...and install the program but when I choose Total Factions any faction opens the game and the screen goes white and says there is error and must cerrarce empire total war .. Forgive me if you do not understand something you do not know much about English

sorry bevi,

this submod works with DMUC, but DMUC has to be played on version 1.6 and with a legal disk copy/download from steam to work.so im afraid you wont get it to work

The Cap