Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Emergent Factions Playable

Default Re: Emergent Factions Playable

Quote Originally Posted by Tarm666 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Cap. This turned out to be very easy to solve.

I went into building_faction_variants_table and simply added the three catholic building (I copied the ones from spain) for Mexico. Seemed to work a treat although I haven't completely tested it yet. Cheers
    nifty

The Cap

triarri's Avatar Civis

hey cap, do the mexican and Usa campaigns, have that unit converting bug?

hello,

no, i am not aware of any bugs relating to unit switching. although i havent extensively tested them i havent recieved any reports that bug switching is occuring in any of the emegernt playable startpos', so id say its all good.

I believe the unit switching bug is due to heavily modded startpos', thats why it occurs in the DMUC late campaign and in my failed Global Conflict mod, although this isnt peer reviewed or anything, thats just my take on it.

The Cap

triarri's Avatar Civis

alright thanks may download next week and give a test, i just get put off mexico with the lack of units :/

Quote Originally Posted by triarri View Post
    alright thanks may download next week and give a test, i just get put off mexico with the lack of units :/
    i always find that either redesignating mexico some juicier units in the dbtables is always good, or downloading aum as that will give them lots and lots

The Cap

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Aubrey View Post
    hello,

as there isnt any of brazil present on the map, and brazil isnt a faction contained within the startpos im afraid that the answer is no.

it is however possible by renaming and modding in brazilian flags for say Mexico or coloumbia to have Brazil as a faction and then edit the startpos to give them a province somewhere

The Cap
    Thanks Lucky Jack!

is there any way to use this mod along with the additional causa belli units?

Quote Originally Posted by Chees3 View Post
    is there any way to use this mod along with the additional causa belli units?
    hello there,

i cant say for definate, but it should work. as long as you put all the .pack files into the correct folders, and only replace the statpos then, as above, it shouldbe ok

the Cap

nevermind...

USA only has 1 general?
    Last edited by John Mayer; September 27, 2011 at 10:08 AM.
    "Oh my lords, my brothers, my sons, the everlasting honour of Christians is in your hands."
    Κωνσταντῖνος ΙΑ' Παλαιολόγος

"il nous faut de l'audace, encore de l'audace, toujours de l'audace, et la France est sauvée"

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Commander Snow View Post
    nevermind...

USA only has 1 general?
    ????

eh??

The Cap

Sir_Aggelos_GR's Avatar Centenarius

Startpos file for Scotland?

GasCanGerry's Avatar Libertus
    In the middle of nowhere with her husband, Eustace Bagge...

I have a really strange bug... I am playing with Quebec and a building costs 250 gold instead of the usual 2500... It is like the last number of the price gets removed or something..
    Last edited by GasCanGerry; October 03, 2011 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GasCanGerry View Post
    I have a really strange bug... I am playing with Quebec and a building costs 250 gold instead of the usual 2500... It is like the last number of the price gets removed or something..
    hmmm odd

do you have any other mods installed as this shouldnt effect building prices at all, and is it the very first turn, because sometimes on the very first turn, strange things happen to edited startpos's

The Cap

It was the very first turn, but i think it fixed itself afterwards... It is appears to happen to the buildings you build on the first turn, no matter what level they are from the chain. It is just retarded because the AI builds up everything cheaply and sends a ridiculous amount of troops at me

Also, Quebec seems to be missing churches from the build list. I think it may be the same for black smiths, although i am not sure

Check out page 5 and my chat with the Cap

Well, i tried it and now my game crashes everytime when i start it... After the Empire Total War screen :/ Any chance you could post a tutorial or something? I would be very grateful and yes, I am like a caveman when it comes to this.

Quote Originally Posted by GasCanGerry View Post
    Well, i tried it and now my game crashes everytime when i start it... After the Empire Total War screen :/ Any chance you could post a tutorial or something? I would be very grateful and yes, I am like a caveman when it comes to this.
    If you like you can post your DMUC_core file here and I'll make the changes for you.

Otherwise try this. There maybe a better way but this is how I do it:-
    1) Open the DMUC_core file with the DBEditor
    2) Go to Building Faction Variants Table (Should be greyed out and underlined)
    3) Click File > New building_faction_variants_table Table
    4) Call it whatever you like and add it to the existing DMUC_Core.pack file or create your own if you like. Remember if you do, you'll have to add it to the user script.
    5) Now go back into the original greyed out Building Faction Variants Table and click on the faction tab.
    6) Austria, for example, has three rel_catholic building entries. Copy these three entire rows by clicking in the far left hand side column.
    7) Paste these into your new Table and change the faction names from Austria to which ever one you want. Make sure you use the correct religious buildings for whichever religion your faction should be.
    8) Save and exit.

I think there's a little problem with the names of the buildings not showing up but at least you have them.

There's probably an easier method to this but it works for me and I've created my own .pack file with all my changes. That way, if there is an update to DMUC or Causi Belli or whatever, I keep all of my changes.

Hope that helps and let us know how you get on.

^^^^^^^^
    very handy Tarm (i'll rep you when im allowed )

in relation to the names not showing up, you'll need to edit the UPC (localisation.loc) with something like this

building_faction_variants_onscreen_name_rel_protestant_0scotland | Church School
    building_faction_variants_onscreen_name_rel_protestant_1scotland | Chapter School
    building_faction_variants_onscreen_name_rel_protestant_2scotland | College of divinity

obvioulsy adjust faction name to whatever and names to religious correctness

The Cap

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Aubrey View Post
    ^^^^^^^^
    very handy Tarm (i'll rep you when im allowed )

in relation to the names not showing up, you'll need to edit the UPC (localisation.loc) with something like this

building_faction_variants_onscreen_name_rel_protestant_0scotland | Church School
    building_faction_variants_onscreen_name_rel_protestant_1scotland | Chapter School
    building_faction_variants_onscreen_name_rel_protestant_2scotland | College of divinity

obviously adjust faction name to whatever and names to religious correctness

The Cap

Cheers Cap,

Never touched the UPC (localisation.loc) file. What do I use to open that then?