Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Info] Completed Faction Descriptions

Almogaver's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Completed Faction Descriptions

1313AD Corona d'Aragó

The XIIIth century will be remembered as the century of expansion for the Crown of Aragon. My grandfather Jaume el Conqueridor (James the Conqueror) made the first step by conquering Majorca and Valencia. Later came the conquest of Sicily by my father Pere el Gran (Peter the great) and the war of the Sicilian Vespers. Commerce flourished and merchants were as important to the Crown as the most battle hardened Almogavar.

Today our expanding economy and trade need secure trading routes with the eastern Mediterranean and northern Africa. Our ties and alliance with the Kingdom of Sicily, ruled by my brother Frederic, are essential for this purpose but in order to strengthen our economy, we have to weaken our most immediate competitors: Pisa and Genua.

I am King Jaume and I will consolidate the Crown of Aragon as a military, naval and economic power by liberating Sardinia from Genovese and Pisan influence, I will keep an eye on the French and the Angevins, I have learnt not to trust them, and watch our fragile alliance with Castille.

May God help me to fulfil my duty.
    --------------Arengada--------------

Added to the first post.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Ive been a bit busy so here ya go SV another

Crusaders Late Era 1311

My Lord King Henry,
    I your humble servant bring you news of your most esteemed and God loved Kingdom. I pray that the dismal and dry news I bring to you will next be of a brighter kind. You my lord are the King of Cyprus, and only a titular "King of Jerusalem", Pricepe of Acre, and Outremer. The recovery of the Mainland is key. Having lost as you painfully remember the last stronghold of the mainland Acre in 1291 Anno Domini it is our God given task to reclaim it. The armies of christendom must fly there flag and the cross will shine over Jerusalem again. After the Mainland is secure then and only then can we move to other lands. You sould keep close ties with Armenia and the Romanioi for they as christians are bound to help us. Also perchance with The Sultanate of Rum as it may be a valuable ally. Keep your already high treasury filled to the top and reconquer Outremer for Gods own.
    Deus La Vult My King
    Hedinn Vedr Total War
    Now Recruiting Coder and Scripter!!!

[IMG]

Thanks Codix!

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

id do more but im a bit busy
    Hedinn Vedr Total War

[IMG]

I completely understand, the help is very much appreciated!

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

alright cool im helping Hedin Vedder and War of the Western Monarchs do some stuff and ill keep trying to do things here as well =)
    Hedinn Vedr Total War

[IMG]

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

PM me if you want one of Denmark. I am playing SS ATM and lending a hand to various mods- but only member of the EBII Team, but I am a Danish medieval historian and I liked your mod when I tested it a while ago, so I can lend a hand here as well despite being busy with the Viking Season (www.ask-viking.dk). If there is any other questions concerning Denmark, feel free to PM me as well. I might be slow in replying, but I usually do at some point.

Latin Knight's Avatar Miles

In another thread, i said i could make some descriptions, and Ixor asked me to post them here, so, if you guys don't mind, i'll write a couple ones.

I'm fairly familiar with the English medieval history, and noticed nobody did one for them, so i'll give a try, for the Dark Ages campaign - Regnum Saxonum Occidentalis - 888 A.D., inspired by Bernard Cornwell's Saxon Chronicles . Hope you guys like, don't hesitate to correct or give opinions!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Almost a hundred years have passed since Lindisfarena, when the heathens crossed the North Sea in their dragon boats, followed by storm and thunder. Since then, we haven't had peace, for the hosts of Danes, Nordmenn and Svear brought fire and steel to Ireland, Dal Riada, Pictland, Frankia and to our lands. Twenty years ago, a mighty army of heathens arrived, conquering the kingdoms carved by our ancestors centuries ago, destroying our lands and holy churches. Eoferwic (York) was taken, and Northumbria fell. When East Anglia was overrun, they said it was due to the mighty will of Thor. Snottengaham (Nottingham) is now a fortress of the heathens, and Mercia the property of the Danish Jarls. Only West Seaxa remained. But we resisted. My father, King Ælfrēd of West Seaxa, fought them, as did my uncle before him. By the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, we survived, we built burghs and mustered fyrds, and many times we defeated the followers of Odinn and Thor. We crafted ships to fight them in the sea, while the theigns and huscarls routed them from the battlefields. Two years ago, we captured Lundene, the ancient capital of the Romans, and now all the followers of the True God plead for my father to free them from the pagans. But my father is now old and frail. He trusts me to fulfill his dreams. Dreams of uniting all the Saxons and English peoples under one ruler, one King of Ænglaland. I never told him, but the truth is that i myself have an even more glorious dream, of one king to rule all of Britannia.

Ēadweard Ætheling, son of Bretwalda Ælfrēd.
    Last edited by Latin Knight; October 31, 2011 at 04:33 PM.

Ixor_Drakar's Avatar Senator

Very good work, looking forward to more.
    I survived the Mayan Apocalypse 12/21/12

good job just a suggestion, Ive done alot of them we're writing them in a format that is in a way a letter from an adviser of that faction to the head of the faction so use historical names etc. describe what is happening in the world at the time etc. anyway goodwork mate

P.S. check the other thread for these there are some in there that arent in the completed list
    Hedinn Vedr Total War

[IMG]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123