Page 6 of 442 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Hyrule - Total War anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Melfice View Post
    also my offer to help with research sill stands if u need it
    If you see anything odd I do (like the whole misnaming Ordon thing) then I suppose you could be the checker.

Quote Originally Posted by swordofjanak View Post
    Seriously, how do you crank out completely new units everyday (if only I had someon like that for Lodoss )
    Keep up the good work sir, this makes me want to finish Twilight Princess
    (in my opinion the best Zelda games are OoT, MM and TP
    I think it's safe to say I have no life.
    Outside of work, eating and sleeping I pretty much just sit here and work on the models.

I'd have to agree with you on that list, those are the best 3D Zelda games.

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

Will there be Iron knuckles?

Edit
    After looking at your unit list, I think some of those will be impossible, great Deku tree for example.

If you want, I can come up with a unit list for some of the factions, if you want to hear my ideas.

2nd Edit

Nintendo shut down that fan movie that was made, are you concerned that Nintendo might just tell you to stop, even if you already finished the project? That would suck for you if it were to happen.
    Last edited by James the Red; February 09, 2011 at 09:51 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by James the Red View Post
    Will there be Iron knuckles?
    I don't think this game would be complete if my favorite enemy from the Zelda series was missing.
    In the meantime though, here's a look at the first Lanayru Zora:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

After looking at your unit list, I think some of those will be impossible, great Deku tree for example.
    If you want, I can come up with a unit list for some of the factions, if you want to hear my ideas.
    The Deku Trees will be a challenge, but based on the tutorials I read it is possible to make custom joints and animations. Feel free to give unit ideas if you wish, some of them might warrant a place in the armies.

Nintendo shut down that fan movie that was made, are you concerned that Nintendo might just tell you to stop, even if you already finished the project? That would suck for you if it were to happen.
    By my understanding that film was sold and brought in a financial profit to the creators which gave Nintendo the ability to take legal action. This mod is completely free and non profit. I've also made a fan Zelda game in the past and they've ignored the ban hammer for the non profit reason. (I also think it may be the fact that it's impossible to sue someone if you don't know who they are. )

Melfice's Avatar Libertus

Out of interest, what type of government will Lanayru be, monarchy, republic, dictatorship?
    also will we have the loveable nut-case Akazoo, the honourable Kazakk and not-right-in-the-head Marik

also how will u represent the whole, Ruto obsession with Zaleen
    Last edited by Melfice; February 10, 2011 at 04:51 AM.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

do you have a mapper?

Patrician Artifex

do you have a mapper?
    I tried making the campaign map myself but ran into crashes. I've yet to try making battle maps yet though.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Have you looked at Gigantus' tutorial

Patrician Artifex

Have you looked at Gigantus' tutorial
    I've not read his tutorial yet, just a few on making a campaign map via photoshop. I'll get into mapping after I finish all the models though.

I can say I knocked out a good chunk of the Kokiri's models:

Is it possible to make it so that only certain parts will randomly generate with each other when the units spawn at the start of a battle? It would quite odd if female parts spawned with males...

I have to say it... Wow! The speed you are making these models at is amazing, and they look first rate! Keep up the good work! So you need any help with descriptions or any writing related stuff? If so just give me the word and I'll do what I can. This is looking better every day.

Melfice's Avatar Libertus

Out of interest will the Kokiri be hit-and-run units. (The Kokiri look amazing, i wonder how many people will underestimate them only to get a dagger in the gut)

Alone Elf's Avatar Biarchus

You know that since your making alterations, the face sticks out as repetitive. If you are making them look different, I suggest also making the faces alternate. (Just a suggestion...)

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Alone Elf View Post
    You know that since your making alterations, the face sticks out as repetitive. If you are making them look different, I suggest also making the faces alternate. (Just a suggestion...)
    It's been universally agreed on now by a majority that the faces need variety. I'll get on that sooner or later...

Blackwolf's Avatar Ordinarius

Love the idea! I love the game especially the Ocarina of Time!

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
    Love the idea! I love the game especially the Ocarina of Time!
    OoT is the best one in my opinion.

I managed to knock out some of the Gerudo units today:

Once one of them was done I could fortunately just mostly retexture to make the others.

Wow! haha
    I think this video or song pretty much sums things up for me! lol

your Models are amazing. I can`t wait to play this mod.
    PS: Can you show a few models ingame?
    Last edited by Joschiking; February 13, 2011 at 07:48 AM.
    The moviemaker of the mods 1648 and Hyrule Total War
    My Video Gallery with Shogun 2 Machinimas

Though this is my first post here, hopefully that will not rule out anything I have to say!

The work so far is wonderful, and I am astonished at the speed you are ploughing through these models at, I've done my fair share of modding games and the speed has shocked me. However.. I would suggest not overstretching yourself too much. I know that you have 15 races planned and are only currently working upon 6 of those, but in my experience I would suggest that it would be better for you to focus on perhaps 3 or 4. The reason being that you can then get those 3 or 4 races complete at a far swifter time scale than you can for the 6, and it will give you a better idea of the time scale you are looking at for each additional race after that.

I would also suggest that perhaps instead of focusing on certain characters we all know and love (and believe me, I do love seeing the models, they are wonderful!), it would perhaps be better to make the generic general units instead of these special characters (Zelda and Saria, for example). As they can only really be used once, whereas generic generals can be used numerous times.

Do not take these suggestions the wrong way, I am terribly impressed by your work so far, and am really looking forward to giving this mod a try, but I am just trying to give some advice from my own personal experience.

Now onto the questions:

1) Will you be releasing a battle-only version of the mod earlier on prior to starting the campaign map?
    2) How will Princesses be dealt with in this mod? If for example, a Zoran Princess marries into the Kingdom of Hyrule family, will any children be able to be born to the married pair? Or would any children get some kind of "Zoran Blood" trait?
    3) Are one of the hidden races the Twili/Interlopers?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    Though this is my first post here, hopefully that will not rule out anything I have to say!

The work so far is wonderful, and I am astonished at the speed you are ploughing through these models at, I've done my fair share of modding games and the speed has shocked me. However.. I would suggest not overstretching yourself too much. I know that you have 15 races planned and are only currently working upon 6 of those, but in my experience I would suggest that it would be better for you to focus on perhaps 3 or 4. The reason being that you can then get those 3 or 4 races complete at a far swifter time scale than you can for the 6, and it will give you a better idea of the time scale you are looking at for each additional race after that.

I would also suggest that perhaps instead of focusing on certain characters we all know and love (and believe me, I do love seeing the models, they are wonderful!), it would perhaps be better to make the generic general units instead of these special characters (Zelda and Saria, for example). As they can only really be used once, whereas generic generals can be used numerous times.

Do not take these suggestions the wrong way, I am terribly impressed by your work so far, and am really looking forward to giving this mod a try, but I am just trying to give some advice from my own personal experience.

Now onto the questions:

1) Will you be releasing a battle-only version of the mod earlier on prior to starting the campaign map?
    2) How will Princesses be dealt with in this mod? If for example, a Zoran Princess marries into the Kingdom of Hyrule family, will any children be able to be born to the married pair? Or would any children get some kind of "Zoran Blood" trait?
    1st of, welcome to the forums m8!
    And 2nd, he does have help in the other fields now making things easier and faster.
    As for the questions wait for UndyingNephalim's answers.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Joschiking View Post
    your Models are amazing. I can`t wait to play this mod.
    PS: Can you show a few models ingame?
    Here's a screenshot I took awhile back:

I'll probably be making the purple on the soldiers darker though.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    Now onto the questions:
    Hey there. Have no fear of being ruled out, I take advice where I can get it.

As of late I have been focusing on mostly generic units (a few posts ago I put up Gerudo and Kokiri units:
    ).

I probably will just get down to working on only the Hylians and Gerudo soon enough though.

As for the questions...

1) I think I will likely do that. I'll probably finish up the Hylians and Gerudo first and then release the rest of the races in pairs of two after that. When they are done I'll start on the grand campaign, and if I manage to survive that I'll make individual campaigns.

2) I think it would be interesting to see crosses between two races (coincidentally I was planning for the Zora of Lanayru to have had Hylian and Zora ancestors, hence their pupils and more human-like features). For some races though I don't think it would work out so well... (A Goron and a Kokiri for instance...)

3) Maybe.

Releasing in pairs is a mighty fine idea, I cannot wait to see the pair of them in battle with one another!

It's good to know you'll be thinking carefully on the Princess situation, goes to show that there is a decent thinking mind behind this mod, which a Hyrule Total War definately needs.

And... I suspect "Maybe " = "Yes"