Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Campaign Released

another note im playing as zora and i cant recruit from the village of mothulus as there are no recruitment slots open, also it is impossible to distinguish between certain regions on the mini map as for some factions there are no lines around the regions to make them distinct, i think it would look better if all regions had a line around them to clarify the individual regions
    I shall consume... consume everything

thisdude's Avatar Laetus

ok i'm back to my idea of a corrupt kokiri/forest race and judging on how fast this game is going to be finished i doubt it will be put in but anyway i'm gonna upload some of my ideas and scetches just to see what you guys think

Quote Originally Posted by Scar86 View Post
    had a lot of fun, but I am dissapointed not to have fought the sheikah, or ooca, or Majora yet. (am I doing something wrong?)
    Not sure how to make the sheikah appear (I think you need to fail an event with the kingdom of Hyrule). But the Ooca and Majora only appear once 50% of the world falls under Majora worship.

thisdude's Avatar Laetus

ok here's my first guy his backstory is that he was a zora that was lost in the lost woods and soon became corrupted by the baga tree

oh sorry but it's sidewards

thisdude's Avatar Laetus

and here's my other guy called the defender he was trained to master in defensive arts and the only weapons is a massive shield and iron spiked nuckles

thisdude's Avatar Laetus

oh and on the shield is the crest i made it is a mixture of the kokiri and some things i just made up

Quote Originally Posted by Aegix Drakan View Post
    I just took out Konokiri.

Princess Zelda herself, and a faithful retinue of Triforce Vanguards led the charge.

They brought with them one unit of Trebuchets, and blew down the gate with them, the battering ram was not even needed. Then, 2 units of horsemen charged the gate...The enemy was nowhere to be found. The entire army moved through the streets, seeking their prey...whom they found huddled near another gate entirely.

The horsemen charged and retreated, killing several of those Din defying forest creatures. Then, we noticed a detachment of emerald archers coming from behind. The horsemen went to cover our rear flank by pincering them. In the meantime, Zelda 1 herself somehow managed to lead the charge, despite her advisor's wishes that she command form the rear. And they laid waste to the army of little men.

Her troops moved throughout the town, bashing in a few heads of anyone rebellious as Zelda 1 made her victory speech from the central plaza. "They said it could not be done. They said the odds were against us. And yet we took Konokiri. And we took it with very few casualties. Let this be a warning to Hyrule. We are the chosen of Din, Nayru, and Farore. We shall not falter in our rightful justice!"

---
    It was awesome, basically. I love this mod
    Best Narration ever XD, Yea That sums up why I love this mod to Death XD

neph
    the last time i play with renforcments in medieval 2, something like that happened, i think that the army size is too much for the battle, maybe in the settings one can edit the numbers of the units too do that the battle can support a bigger army, or maybe its a bug in the cavalry that dont leave them to enter to the battlefield

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Absolutely no clue why that would happen, that's one of the most bizarre occurrences I've heard of yet.
    . Does anyone know if this has happened in M2 as well?
    I think it has to do with the size of the group itself. This happened to me on two occurances; once against the gohma and again against the zora. Both times the reinforcements came in from a corner. The Gohma army was big, but the Zora army didn't have all that many men. Technically, one third of the group was within battlefield parameters. One third was outside of the parameters on the left, and the other third outside of the field on the right. I believe, since they were outside of the battlefield in two separate areas, that this created a movement problem. This might even not be able to fix this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    That one is listed on the installer. It was the one thing that kept this release delayed for over a month. Eventually I just caved in and thought players could deal with the UI. I've still yet to hear back from Azog about it.
    Sorry, I must've missed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemoy View Post
    neph
    the last time i play with renforcments in medieval 2, something like that happened, i think that the army size is too much for the battle, maybe in the settings one can edit the numbers of the units too do that the battle can support a bigger army, or maybe its a bug in the cavalry that dont leave them to enter to the battlefield
    I'd say it is a bug in the cavalry itself since the size of the Zora and Gohma armies varied greatly.

On a final note, the reason why Ordonna was able to recruit merchants is because they start with a vanilla marketplace built in their capital. When I took the city as Kokiri I was able to recruit the merchants.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

ive finally found a capture device/system that is good with hyrule total war, bandicam, so i hope to do some youtube videos in the future to promote the mod

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

I uninstalled and got rid of 1.0, then downloaded 1.1.

Custom Battles are missing most units, and the main menu and music is "vanilla" Medieval 2. The campaign works fine, however. Does anyone know why this is?
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

ouch 405 minutes uploading a ten minute vid to youtube, is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post

Custom Battles are missing most units, and the main menu and music is "vanilla" Medieval 2. The campaign works fine, however. Does anyone know why this is?
    You probably have it in early age for custom battle. Change the age from early to all. Come back after checking this, if it still doesn't work then it is a real problem.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ggggtotalwarrior View Post

Turn off the User Account Control and delete your virtualstore folder.

Also, make sure you installed the core files first

Where is the virtualstore folder? Sorry about this, Im a mod newb. I installed the 1.1 first, so that might have alot to do with it; I also didnt have the user account turned to lowest setting or the virtual folder deleted. Im gonna uninstall both Hyrule's and reinstall without the user control thing, but before I do that I wanted to know where the virtual folder is

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)

Be sure to have hidden files visible.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo64isking View Post
    ive finally found a capture device/system that is good with hyrule total war, bandicam, so i hope to do some youtube videos in the future to promote the mod
    Thanks for telling me about that. I LOVE you for this. I've been looking for a good system like this for months now.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    Thanks for telling me about that. I LOVE you for this. I've been looking for a good system like this for months now.
    my pleasure we should battle again sometime since those new units have been released, btw i have done a video i just need to upload it to youtube now its a battle between the darknuts and the stalfos

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen2468 View Post
    Yeah, they suck at melee, but they are SO AWESOME at range it kinda offsets. I played a custom match against 2 Gerudo forces, and with just cannons and gunner barricades killed a force 3 times my size and they didnt kill a single soldier of mine lol! I did lose some to friendly cannon fire though :/ They just couldnt get close, and I deployed up on a hill so I massively outranged their mounted archers. It only makes sense that one of the best range forces in the game would have one of the crappiest melee forces.
    My biggest problem is that my melee line never holds. It always routs, and any victory I have with Labrynna (When I don't bring the Mechs) is because my ranged units were forced to fight in melee instead of using their guns, crossbows, and cannons. Granted, I haven't yet tried the Gunner platform, but still. All my melee troops have to do is hold on long enough for my ranged troops to take their toll, and they can't even do that.

Considering that Early Labrynna only has their most basic units (Homeguards, Borderguards, Pioneers, and Slaves) and no guns, it would be nigh impossible to win a campaign unless you were a master at diplomacy and had enemies willing to talk things out instead of attack you on sight. A Late period Labrynna army should NOT take 80% casualties (in EVERY unit) to an Early period Lanayru army, lesser melee skill be damned. My cannons didn't hit ANYTHING either, which nullified their power and fear factor entirely.

Point of rant is that Labrynna desperately needs an expanded roster of melee troops. A single unit of Steam Mechs can go toe-to-toe with three units of Darknut Masters, wich is awesome, but the rest of their melee roster is desperately wanting. Homeguards and Tokay aren't enough for the Early period, and Palace Watch and Knights are pretty low-strength for elite troops.

Quote Originally Posted by thisdude View Post
    ok i'm back to my idea of a corrupt kokiri/forest race and judging on how fast this game is going to be finished i doubt it will be put in but anyway i'm gonna upload some of my ideas and scetches just to see what you guys think
    Yeah, normally I'd be all for another faction, but Neph has WAY more than enough on his plate as it is. Additional factions at this stage would do little more than be a nuisance. Perhaps, though, someone will try to make a submod for this? It's hard to say at this point.
    Last edited by Ethereal Lancer 916; July 02, 2012 at 07:07 PM. Reason: More to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Lancer 916 View Post
    My biggest problem is that my melee line never holds. It always routs, and any victory I have with Labrynna (When I don't bring the Mechs) is because my ranged units were forced to fight in melee instead of using their guns, crossbows, and cannons. Granted, I haven't yet tried the Gunner platform, but still. All my melee troops have to do is hold on long enough for my ranged troops to take their toll, and they can't even do that.

Considering that Early Labrynna only has their most basic units (Homeguards, Borderguards, Pioneers, and Slaves) and no guns, it would be nigh impossible to win a campaign unless you were a master at diplomacy and had enemies willing to talk things out instead of attack you on sight. A Late period Labrynna army should NOT take 80% casualties (in EVERY unit) to an Early period Lanayru army, lesser melee skill be damned. My cannons didn't hit ANYTHING either, which nullified their power and fear factor entirely.

Point of rant is that Labrynna desperately needs an expanded roster of melee troops. A single unit of Steam Mechs can go toe-to-toe with three units of Darknut Masters, wich is awesome, but the rest of their melee roster is desperately wanting. Homeguards and Tokay aren't enough for the Early period, and Palace Watch and Knights are pretty low-strength for elite troops.

Yeah, normally I'd be all for another faction, but Neph has WAY more than enough on his plate as it is. Additional factions at this stage would do little more than be a nuisance. Perhaps, though, someone will try to make a submod for this? It's hard to say at this point.

if i remember right don't Labrynna and Hyrule's melee units have similar stats? is this just a case of the stats lieing or what seeing as how i usually never have problems with Hyrules units.