Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    I do not think armies could bring a orchestra into battle I will check out that version, but remember we want signals that are simple so the soldiers can easily tell them apart. From what I can tell, these are what signals we would need:
    Attention! (when you click them. simply tell your men to be ready for orders. no voices)
    March (walk over there. a simply beat to move the feat. a simply /oy/ or /i/ to show the solders are following the order)
    Fast March (run there. should be a sped up version of March)
    Attack (attack. should be direct and deep. followed by battle shouts for appropriate factions)
    Victory! (a tune for when your soldiers have won a fight. accompanied by cheers)
    Rally! (for the general. It should follow the factions instrument)

We may need:
    Marching (different than march. It will be a either a very simply dum dum dum tune to march in rhythm or a faction anthem to lighten the heart and strength the sword arms of soldiers. May cause problems if multiple units are marching at the same time, but started not in sync. Might just sound like a bunch of noise)
    Regimental Rally (a personal rally by the officers of the regiment when it is in rout. There will be cowardly voices along with it)
    Retreat! (not sure if this one is possible. a tune to say 'get out of here' when you make a intentional retreat)
    Arms! (when a unit is about to charge or be charge. the act, not the order)
    Complete Victory! (when you win a battle, this music plays. It should be a complex version of Victory!.)

EDIT: we may need signals for stuff like 'fire at will' and 'guard mode'. We will definitely need a 'fire' signal.

Fire arrows could be a crackling fire sound, followed by the sound of arrows falling.

Phalanax formation could be the sound of spears being readied (the sound they make when the men on horseback lower them during a charge)

The voice of Odolwa could have they "eeyah hai!" sound for his chant

the question is, could chanting units be individually modifed for each faction?
    Last edited by Scar86; April 17, 2012 at 05:34 PM.

Units flee after exhaustion, right? If so, the the "Retreat!" sound would play when they fle. However, this would prove problematic for the Stalfos faction. You'd have to use a similar program to the auto-flee program to state whether a unit is "fleeing" or "moving away". You'd also have to set it to have BOTH of these conditions: Below a set amount of health...let's say 35%? AND in combat with an opposing force. Not necessarily an enemy army, as you could still get beat by "buffer" factions early in the game.

@The Holy Pilgrim Sorry, I'm always on here on a mobile device...or, at least, most of the time...and, when I am, my "Edit Post" button doesn't work--as in it never loads. I was responding to one comment in the first post BEFORE the post my second one was responding to was posted, as I type slow on my I-touch, so,free reading that other post, I replied to it separately. Neither comment had something to do with the other. I'm sorry for the double posting, but there's no other way for me the comment on multiple posts when they appear that way--which will happen a lot if the forum is active because, as I said, I type slow on my I-touch. I won't, however, spam the thread, so, if that's your worry, that's not going to be a problem. Either way, I'm sorry, but, as I do not have access to a computer right now, I cannot edit posts, so if you don't want me double posting, I cannot respond to all comments made in the thread, nor contribute fully to the mod. Either way, I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Scar86 View Post
    Fire arrows could be a crackling fire sound, followed by the sound of arrows falling.

Phalanax formation could be the sound of spears being readied (the sound they make when the men on horseback lower them during a charge)

The voice of Odolwa could have they "eeyah hai!" sound for his chant
    the question is, could chanting units be individually modifed for each faction?
    I was more going for a signal for firing off the arrows than clicking fire arrows.
    I think that the chanting units can be made to have different sounds. I really have nothing to base this belief off of, but it seems logical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Time View Post
    Units flee after exhaustion, right? If so, the the "Retreat!" sound would play when they fle. However, this would prove problematic for the Stalfos faction. You'd have to use a similar program to the auto-flee program to state whether a unit is "fleeing" or "moving away". You'd also have to set it to have BOTH of these conditions: Below a set amount of health...let's say 35%? AND in combat with an opposing force. Not necessarily an enemy army, as you could still get beat by "buffer" factions early in the game.
    Units do not necessarily flee when exhausted. It can be a factor though. We can make all the different dialects have different styles for sounds. The Stalfos could not have a retreat sound at all if it causes trouble...... are you talking about on the campaign map? I havent even thought of music for that yet. Was hoping for it to be just copy/pasting the battle sounds to the campaign, though voices there would be more reasonable, especially for generals. (we might could just have captains having the musical response. I have no idea though)

Hey guys, give me a list of phrases you want to hear voiced for each faction and I can provide a take on each of them, that way we start to actually have material (even if we don't use voices we'll have them available) and decide on what we like best.

I could probably do some voice recordings too just in case yall decide to go with voices. Just gotta replace my mic, anyone know a decent brand?

I think voices should be reserved for Heroes and maybe Generals.

As far as my own contribution, I'm signing on for Narration. I could also do the Advisor. But Id hate to be another hoot hoot

Also, Link DOES NOT TALK. I don't want him bombing any dodongo's

I did a voice sample but I cant imbed it properly, wat do I do?

Voices would be fine for Generals, but finding voices for factions like the kokiri, and the female heroes will be a challenge, since there are no girls on the internet. LOL
    Last edited by Scar86; April 17, 2012 at 08:38 PM.

Voices would be fine for Generals, but finding voices for factions like the kokiri, and the female heroes will be a challenge, since there are no girls on the internet. LOL
    What are you talking about? No girls on the internet. ask Neph, he has got all the internet girls. yep, all three of them.

EDIT: also, I thought you were a girl...... kinda a 'romantic' avatar for I guy............. but then again, I have penguin for one so who am I to talk.
    Last edited by Opus; April 17, 2012 at 08:10 PM.

One: You don't have to be a girl if you have a voice tuner.
    Two: There are plenty of girls on the Internet who'd live to do the voices of heroines, especially Zelda.
    Three: It doesn't matter to me who gets what voice, but if you're going to do voices, you have to give EVERY unit a voice, not just the Heroes and Generals.
    Four: If you give Link a voice, you will be the fail that was the fan-made Legrnd of Zelda trilogy. If you're going to follow your own lore, AT LEAST give us the decency of having Link remain silent. IF ANYTHING, keep him quiet, PLEASE!
    Five: Scar, can you post your full quote for me, please? I'm on my I-touch andmd it cuts off after the second line--it barely shows any of the third line, and what it does show isn't readable--and I can't scroll down. Sorry.

I was kidding guys, no girls on the internet is a meme lol.

Tell me where my post cuts off and I'll try to fix it for you Hero
    Last edited by Scar86; April 18, 2012 at 12:13 AM.

If link has Navi in this game, clicking him should definately result in the traditional 'HEY LISTEN'. Ordering to attack can be 'WATCH OUT' too

I told you, it cuts off after the second line.

And UndyingNephalim, for some unknown reason, already has Navi down as a Hero for the Fairies of Tarm, though, last I checked, he hadn't made her, yet. So I don't think she's in the campaign, but, again, I do not have the game, so I do not know. But, either way, I don't think it'd be appropriate to have Navi speak for Link in an RTS game. In the first person series, it's different...but not in an RTS game. ESPECIALLY for those people who though Navi was a HUGE annoyance; they wouldn't like it. I, myself, didn't have a problem with it, but I know some people who did...

huhuran's Avatar Libertus

Yeah how do I post a voice try?
    at least what do I upload it to

Quote Originally Posted by huhuran View Post
    Yeah how do I post a voice try?
    at least what do I upload it to

first,

Reccord it through a recording software, or through an online one like vocaroo.

Then convert it to an Mp3 or some other type of file, and upload it to an audiosharing site.

Then copy the direct link they give you, and paste it using the insert link tool.

And now, the Zora (sorta whispered because its late here)

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0nw2crweayI

No of course I'm not serious :3

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage62 View Post
    And now, the Zora (sorta whispered because its late here)

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0nw2crweayI

No of course I'm not serious :3

ZORA SPEARMEN DUDE!

tell me blackmage, do you know of any good cheap mics? cause I hate recording on a potato

ZORA SPEARMEN DUDE!

tell me blackmage, do you know of any good cheap mics? cause I hate recording on a potato
    Be a righteous dude of great virtue and valor like me and go for a Philips Webcam SPC1000NC, that's what I use. It's a webcam, but it's got a really swell mic on it, so if you need both go for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage62 View Post
    Be a righteous dude of great virtue and valor like me and go for a Philips Webcam SPC1000NC, that's what I use. It's a webcam, but it's got a really swell mic on it, so if you need both go for this one.
    50.00 isn't bad at all for a webcam/mic combo. I'll definitley look into it.

Sorry For Repost, but now I got my recording in High quality.

http://yourlisten.com/channel/conten...r_High_Quality

If you dont recognize, it's the Opening cinematic text. I tried to sound as much like an Angry/wounded/dramatic Hylian man as I could, watching from the sidelines as trollface stalfos cut down armies of your fellow soldiers without breaking a sweat!
    Last edited by Scar86; April 18, 2012 at 12:15 AM.

I shall consume... consume everything

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Is there a good tutorial floating around for the descr_events and campaign_script files? I can't seem to find any tutorials on the matter and it seems the game absolutely refuses to even read anything I've added in those two files.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Is there a good tutorial floating around for the descr_events and campaign_script files? I can't seem to find any tutorials on the matter and it seems the game absolutely refuses to even read anything I've added in those two files.

I found a tutorial on campaign scripting, Maybe this will help? About halfway through it talks about advanced event scripting.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=469443

Also, here is someone who had a similar problem,perhaps their troubleshooting will help you find the answer.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=113548

Also, while I was thinking about the campaign and I remembered that there are 2 classes of infantry.

Town militia, and "official" faction infantry

if the kokiri had a town milita, would they carry deku sticks? and would their ranged units throw deku nuts?
    Last edited by Scar86; April 18, 2012 at 02:13 PM.