Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

martdiamond's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Lancer 916 View Post
    One must not ever, EVER mention the CDi.

EVER.

EVER.

They do not exist.

EVER.
    Hahahaha epic saga in the world of Zelda. Still hope I can sometime play those games.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

@Ethereal Lancer 916 & Duke Serkol

Yep, I knew there was going to be some backlash for mentioning those blasphemous titles. I was waiting for someone to explode at their mention. Sorry about missing the Four Swords Adventure in my count there Serkol. I remembered that FS and FSA were not the same thing when I went to bed last night. I cursed myself when I remembered, then thought, "No big deal, Serkol will point it out."

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

I look forward to seeing the various incarnations of link in the game soon i imagine link will fight as an individual, rather than being in a group?
    I shall consume... consume everything

Oh, btw Paul, +rep to you for being brave enough to mention the CDi titles.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Lancer 916 View Post
    One must not ever, EVER mention the CDi.
    They do not exist.
    Honestly I'd rather play the CD-i games then Spirit Tracks or Skyward Sword. At least they are so awful that it's hilarious.

@UndyingNephalim

Be careful who you say that to. The existance of the CDi is blasphemy in some Zelda circles. Saying you prefer that over ST may be OK, but you will ignite a lot of rage by saying that it is better than SS.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    @UndyingNephalim

Be careful who you say that to. The existance of the CDi is blasphemy in some Zelda circles. Saying you prefer that over ST may be OK, but you will ignite a lot of rage by saying that it is better than SS.
    You're talking to a man who would rather have Uwe Boll direct adaptations of every Zelda game before playing ST or SS, I'm sure he'll be fine.

Patrician Artifex

@UndyingNephalim

I don't really care at this point to be honest. I'm attacked on a daily basis for the simple fact that my mod even exists. I could care less at this point if people are going to be immature over that fact that I prefer hilarious failures over missed opportunity.

Probably best this discussion is nipped in the bud before it gets out of hand again. The expressing of such strong views can alienate supporters of the mod and splinters the fans which does not do the mod or the thread any good. Better for us all if we focus ourselves on mod performance, bug testing and conjuring ideas instead.

Edit for clarification: this was a general comment and aimed at no-one in particular
    Last edited by PaulH; March 08, 2012 at 06:41 PM.

I was just joking around about the CDi thing Neph. I have absolutely no doubt that you have endured worse rage repeatedly and simply didn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I don't really care at this point to be honest. I'm attacked on a daily basis for the simple fact that my mod even exists. I could care less at this point if people are going to be immature over that fact that I prefer hilarious failures over missed opportunity.
    Well look on the bright side for every hater you have at least three people who love you.

Sorry about missing the Four Swords Adventure in my count there Serkol. I remembered that FS and FSA were not the same thing when I went to bed last night. I cursed myself when I remembered, then thought, "No big deal, Serkol will point it out."
    The Zelda Game & Watch,
    the Zelda Wristwatch Game,
    the Barcode Battler game,
    BS Zelda,
    BS Zelda Map2,
    BS Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets
    Navi Trackers,
    Link's Crossbow Training and
    the three Tingle games (the two commercially released ones and the Balloon Fight one).

There, how about that?

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlyDark View Post
    Oh, btw Paul, +rep to you for being brave enough to mention the CDi titles.
    You think that's brave? I own all three and played them more times than I have several main releases in the series (I used to have a lot of time on my hands before the internet).

Quote Originally Posted by martdiamond View Post
    Hahahaha epic saga in the world of Zelda. Still hope I can sometime play those games.
    If you need any help (and believe me, you probably will if you take on Link the Faces of Evil), PM me, I know them like the back of my hand.
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; March 09, 2012 at 07:43 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    You think that's brave? I own all three and played them more times than I have several main releases in the series .
    Squadalah, that makes two of us!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Pixelspeech's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Squadalah, that makes two of us!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Now that you bring up your previous works...

Will Liyer be in the mod? :O

I always preferred Gaspra over Gwonam... though they are, ultimately, equally useless serving no other purpose than getting you to the land where the adventure takes place (i.e. their advice sucked).

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    The Zelda Game & Watch,
    the Zelda Wristwatch Game,
    the Barcode Battler game,
    BS Zelda,
    BS Zelda Map2,
    BS Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets
    Navi Trackers,
    Link's Crossbow Training and
    the three Tingle games (the two commercially released ones and the Balloon Fight one).
    I believe I categorized those in the "spinoffs" in the other post.

I always preferred Gaspra over Gwonam... though they are, ultimately, equally useless serving no other purpose than getting you to the land where the adventure takes place (i.e. their advice sucked).
    It's no worse than taking the advice of OoT Princess Zelda. Apparently, whoever told her about the Master Sword left out the part of "if a child pulls out the sword his soul will be stuck there until he comes of age to be the Hero of Time." Zelda's epic plan: Defeat Ganondorf by opening the door to the Sacred Realm for him. Link's response: I'M ON IT! I guess the plan worked out, even though it nearly resulted in an apocolypse.

In other news, spring break just started in Canada, and i'll be going to a four star resort for the holidays.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlyDark View Post
    In other news, spring break just started in Canada, and i'll be going to a four star resort for the holidays.
    They have Spring in Canada? I thought they just had Winter and Colder Winter

Quebecman's Avatar Libertus

yop Dilddy have reason is the beging of spring at Canada and at the Quebec but anyway this winter suck ass this year

I believe I categorized those in the "spinoffs" in the other post.
    You did. But the original question was how many Zelda games there are, not how many are there not counting spinoffs and you seemed to expect me to answer that one.
    Plus, it's really debatable whether or not those fit the definition of spinoff. The Tingle games certainly do, but the Game & Watch? It's a videogame, has its own story and Link is in it. Would it be a spinoff just because it's an LCD? One could make the same arguments for all games on portable systems. Or for those not developed by Nintendo, like Oracles and the Minish Cap.

It's no worse than taking the advice of OoT Princess Zelda.
    Yeah, in fact it's probably safer. Then again she was ten to twelve at the time.

I guess the plan worked out, even though it nearly resulted in an apocolypse.
    Well, in at least one timeline Link bites it... and in another, after seven years ruled by Ganon, Hyrule appears to be saved only to later be sunken.
    Of course considering it is the King of Hyrule that uses the Triforce to properly doom Hyrule instead of, I don't know, wishing Ganondorf dead, you could say it's in the family...