Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by huhuran View Post
    btw your doing a great job neph the defense things look sweet. Though I'm still confused on how they work.
    For Defensive Units you basically place them during the deployment phase and when the match starts they stay there. They are designed to help fortify a location since they have high armor ratings. You'll pretty much need siege weapons if you want to destroy them quickly or lots of archers to kill the crew manning them. For an example of how they work check out Mr. Crow's War Wagon minimod, he pretty much helped me to get these working properly.

huhuran's Avatar Libertus

Hey thanks diddlydark

oh thanks neph now I understand

3000 more posts to go before I can do a Vegeta impression.

Keep up the great work Neph. I cant tell you how in awe I am. Love this mod

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

@Opus

That makes enough sense for me! I like this idea. Now if we can somehow convince someone at Nintendo with "executive" in their title... . As for how Termina fits into this, without Link running around Termina, Majora could use the very world he/she lost as a staging ground to gain followers. With the timeline so distorted, Majora can attempt to control the denizens of Termina instead of destroying them, with the ultimate goal of subjugating and eventually destroying both worlds. The Cursed Kingdom of Ikana proves to be the greatest of these tools.

@Duke Serkol & KaeporaGaebora

I'm sorry Serkol, but I couldn't help but laugh at the "Hero of Blargh I'm Dead." Even while retaining this humorous title, Link can still be the Hero of Time, as the only requirement for that title is being able to weild the master sword. Granted, he can only hold one of those titles at a time but nothing says he can't hold both titles in the same lifetime. I agree with KaeboraGaebora though. That time line is a lazy cop out used to throw together all the games that cannot extend from the OoT ending and did not come before OoT Chronologically. When we get a time line that includes how things end up if Link dies in SS or TP let me know. Also, the "when" of Link dying in OoT, (before he became the Hero of Time or dying in the final battle with Ganon) could make a huge difference on the world. Although I believe that Link died in the final battle with Ganon in that time line, the lack of clarity regarding the exact point in time Link died is a source of confusion that is not purely trivial. If Link died after gathering the Sages, the world would be in a lot better shape than if he died previous to that.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Quote Originally Posted by KaeporaGaebora View Post
    The cycle changes a bit, but there's no denying that Link, Zelda, and Ganon are destined to constantly come against each other. Each cycle can have a different ending, but there's always a new Link to take the place of the old one, same for Zelda.
    Yes, but not those specific Link and Zelda, their fate was changed. And seeing as the Sages don't always come back game after game with the same names and looks... (it was the Sages' fate we were debating)

Quote Originally Posted by KaeporaGaebora View Post
    The blargh I'm dead timeline seems like a cop out to me, Link could have died in any of the games so why does Ocarina of Time get a special timeline all of it's own?
    Dude, you're breaking through an open door here. I definitely agree it's a cop out. Sadly it is an official cop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    I'm sorry Serkol, but I couldn't help but laugh at the "Hero of Blargh I'm Dead."
    But... that was meant to be amusing.

Even while retaining this humorous title, Link can still be the Hero of Time, as the only requirement for that title is being able to weild the master sword. Granted, he can only hold one of those titles at a time but nothing says he can't hold both titles in the same lifetime.
    We were debating changing one's destiny though. Clearly it wasn't Link's destiny to be killed by Ganondorf in the other timelines.

the "when" of Link dying in OoT, (before he became the Hero of Time or dying in the final battle with Ganon) could make a huge difference on the world. Although I believe that Link died in the final battle with Ganon in that time line, the lack of clarity regarding the exact point in time Link died is a source of confusion that is not purely trivial. If Link died after gathering the Sages, the world would be in a lot better shape than if he died previous to that.
    That's been cleared up a while ago. I guess you've not been keeping up with the translation of Hyrule Historia?
    Link did in fact die in the final battle against Ganon. The latter managed to gather the Triforce parts much like in TWW, but Zelda and the Sages were still able to cast the seal, trapping Ganon in the Dark World.

@Duke Serkol

Yea sorry but I am not up to date on Hyrule Historia. As mentioned a while back I did believe that Lind died in the final battle with Ganon and there was some controversy. I was unaware that this was cleared up. Thanks for the update. As for the destiny debate, I will abdicate this one. If the destiny of Link, Zelda, and Ganon can be kept alive even if Link is killed in OoT in the future with new incarnations, then the destiny of the sages can be fulfilled with different sages. Therefore, those specific sages did not have to awaken for the sage destiny to be fulfilled.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

How many zelda games are there anyways? You guys are making sound like quite a few more then I thought.

@huhuran

Including or excluding the 3 CDi games? I believe it numbered 17 including those. 14 if you exclude those blasphemous titles that were developed with no influence from Nintendo. (the CDi titles are also exluded from the official time line) There were also four remakes that I am not including as they are essentially the same thing as the original. (example: I did not include Ocarina of Time 3D as separate from Ocarina of Time.) There are also spin offs and canceled games. To answer your question, there are officially 14 Zelda games that are included in the Official Timeline. Oh and I am also counting the two Oracles as the same game.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Protip: that's not all of them.

Oh wow thanks guys. There are a few more than I thought.

If I may state my opinion on the timeline, the one where link is killed is my favorite timeline, merely because my favorite games in the series are in there. Although Majora's Mask was awesome.

Although that timeline is semi-impressive one Link/Zelda thing was forgotten or purposefully left out

For those that will most certainly not figure out what it is is the 1980's The Legend of Zelda TV show that lasted one season with 18 episodes

Quebecman's Avatar Libertus

Ouais, with a beautiful representation of an array of history no one will lose now.

just had a good hyrule vs gerudo face off, hows things going neph?
    I shall consume... consume everything

martdiamond's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by kelowna View Post
    Although that timeline is semi-impressive one Link/Zelda thing was forgotten or purposefully left out

For those that will most certainly not figure out what it is is the 1980's The Legend of Zelda TV show that lasted one season with 18 episodes
    That's not the only think that's been left out, several games produced long ago by another company also have been left out. But those like the show arent considered canon.

Quote Originally Posted by martdiamond View Post
    That's not the only think that's been left out, several games produced long ago by another company also have been left out. But those like the show arent considered canon.
    One must not ever, EVER mention the CDi.

EVER.

EVER.

They do not exist.

EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Lancer 916 View Post
    One must not ever, EVER mention the CDi.

EVER.

EVER.

They do not exist.

EVER.
    ...CDi

Quebecman's Avatar Libertus

CDi was a mistake and what we do with a mistake during a exam we delete the mistakes. Il n'a jamais exsisté Jamais.