Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

martdiamond's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrader View Post
    Reinstalled it, the thing that I click on in the "Kingdom Launcher App" to get it to work is "Custom_campagin" , and then it "works" Nothing changed when I reinstalled it
    My advice would be to remove and reinstall everything again. First kingdoms, next Core files and finally the latest version.

Quote Originally Posted by rik209 View Post
    well, I know about his name because of hyrule historia, but I found out Eiji Aonuma already mentioned this name in an interview in 2007.
    Besides, in this interview he also stated he became really old and was Rutela's man. This makes Ruto and Ralis brother and sister.
    That... makes for a surprising example of continuity: Oracle of Ages shows that King Zora (or at least the King Zora in it, since it's debatable whether or not it's still the same one) can live over four hundred years, so it's perfectly natural that he could still have been around after OoT up to almost the time of TP.

...however this does beg the question, what the heck happened to Ruto? (This is the child timeline too, so it's not like she disappeared into the Chamber of Sages never to be seen again or something)

Reinstalled it, the thing that I click on in the "Kingdom Launcher App" to get it to work is "Custom_campagin" , and then it "works" Nothing changed when I reinstalled it

The What App?

Explain this wizardry to me. It sounds to me you're trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

First off, there is no custom campaign yet. Secondly, Hyrule Total War doesn't work with any kind of "launcher app". When installed correctly it gets a shortcut which launches the game (which at this point is custom battle only) which you then play as normal, minus the campaign because it is not yet complete or even integrated into the game at all.

Did you install both files and follow all instructions pertaining to those files? Or are you of the type who believes that instructions are for idiots and beneath them? Because what you describe just seems to scream "ur doin it rong" at me.

(do forgive the sarcasm, it's Lent and I'm a carnivore. Not a good mix.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Lancer 916 View Post
    The What App?

Explain this wizardry to me. It sounds to me you're trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

First off, there is no custom campaign yet. Secondly, Hyrule Total War doesn't work with any kind of "launcher app". When installed correctly it gets a shortcut which launches the game (which at this point is custom battle only) which you then play as normal, minus the campaign because it is not yet complete or even integrated into the game at all.

Did you install both files and follow all instructions pertaining to those files? Or are you of the type who believes that instructions are for idiots and beneath them? Because what you describe just seems to scream "ur doin it rong" at me.

The launcher app is for people using the steam version of the game,its what lets the mod work

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    That... makes for a surprising example of continuity: Oracle of Ages shows that King Zora (or at least the King Zora in it, since it's debatable whether or not it's still the same one) can live over four hundred years, so it's perfectly natural that he could still have been around after OoT up to almost the time of TP.

...however this does beg the question, what the heck happened to Ruto? (This is the child timeline too, so it's not like she disappeared into the Chamber of Sages never to be seen again or something)
    Honestly, I've been asking myself about the fate of Ruto and trying to fit it into this new timeline since it came out... so I find this to be a very good question. It might be possible that when Link didn't return she set out to find him (and the Zora's Sapphire) and became lost in the Lost Woods along with Link? Kind of an odd romance that would make.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbeil View Post
    The launcher app is for people using the steam version of the game,its what lets the mod work
    Ohhhhh. Okay. That much is clearer.

But yeah. The rest of my observation still stands right now.

The What App?

I never saw any tutorial for it, I followed the installer for it and the "launcher app" is ofr steam users. (I feel derpy for not mentioning this earlier) the shortcut for it doesn't work and says" there is not kingdom.exe" but I have Kingdoms installed on steam

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    It might be possible that when Link didn't return she set out to find him (and the Zora's Sapphire) and became lost in the Lost Woods along with Link?
    A romantic idea yes, however, both in-game evidence and Hyrule Historia agree that Link came back before he obtained the Goron Ruby and Zora Sapphire.

I never saw any tutorial for it, I followed the installer for it and the "launcher app" is ofr steam users. (I feel derpy for not mentioning this earlier) the shortcut for it doesn't work and says" there is not kingdom.exe" but I have Kingdoms installed on steam
    I'm not a technological person but my advice would be to completely wipe Medieval 2 and Hyrule total war from your computer and re install everything Medieval 2, Medieval 2: Kingdoms, and the Hyrule total war files.

If that doesn't remedy the problem then there is no answer that i can give

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    A romantic idea yes, however, both in-game evidence and Hyrule Historia agree that Link came back before he obtained the Goron Ruby and Zora Sapphire.
    Well, then your question still stands. Probably should've put more thought into the time Link returned in MM (makes sense now that I think of it). She may have died as a child wandering in and out of Jabu-Jabu. One never knows when you might become trapped in a giant fish while wandering around in its stomach. In OoT, she said that she had been wandering around inside of him since she was very little. Hey, accidents happen even to the most experienced of adventurers.

This is kind of a lazy answer, I know, but it's the best I can come up with right now. Come back to me in 3 days and I might have something remotely plausible.
    Last edited by Avatar of the Ice Wolf; March 02, 2012 at 09:39 PM.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria

Quote Originally Posted by kelowna View Post
    I'm not a technological person but my advice would be to completely wipe Medieval 2 and Hyrule total war from your computer and re install everything Medieval 2, Medieval 2: Kingdoms, and the Hyrule total war files.

Yea,mine did the same thing,but after wiping everything and reinstalling it,i got it to work,so yea,hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by kelowna View Post

Normally I wouldn't recommend a drastic measure, so allow me to offer an alternative.

It sounds to me (considering you DO have Kingdoms, just the steam version) that Hyrule is trying to run as if you had Kingdoms from the disc. I don't know if this is entirely possible, but if you can set Hyrule to look for kingdoms.exe in your Steam stuff, then maybe you wont have to deal with reinstalling.

I'm not sure if it's possible because I've never had to change where my game files have been trying to read from, but I have with some music files. Does anybody know a way to accomplish this if it turns out way more complex than it was for me and my music?

Soooooo, Neph, any estimates on when the next release will be?

Normally I wouldn't recommend a drastic measure, so allow me to offer an alternative.

It sounds to me (considering you DO have Kingdoms, just the steam version) that Hyrule is trying to run as if you had Kingdoms from the disc. I don't know if this is entirely possible, but if you can set Hyrule to look for kingdoms.exe in your Steam stuff, then maybe you wont have to deal with reinstalling.

I'm not sure if it's possible because I've never had to change where my game files have been trying to read from, but I have with some music files. Does anybody know a way to accomplish this if it turns out way more complex than it was for me and my music?
    To make that easier on some smarty computer people, if I right click "edit" on the thing to launch the mod, it gave me this:
    @echo off
    cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\Hyrule\Configuration.cfg

In OoT, she said that she had been wandering around inside of him since she was very little. Hey, accidents happen even to the most experienced of adventurers.

This is kind of a lazy answer
    Not so much lazy as grimdark... but if there's a timeline in which OoT Link was killed by Ganondorf...

Hey Neph! Gotta say, huge fan of this mod, the amount of work you get done is goddamn inhuman. Plus, the idea itself is inspired, it's almost strange how well the Zelda universe lends itself to this kind of game. Not to mention I'm a sucker for the dark version of things, so blood-soaked-Hyrule =

And speaking of inspiration, your work has inspired me to write a 'War In Hyrule' story (It was either that or wait until your campaign is finished, but I'd probably explode in anticipation long before then) and it's basically fanfiction of your mod, so we're at the point where there is fanfiction of a game mod inspired by a fancomic based on a game.

*Cue Inception soundtrack*

@Duke Serkol

I've been thinking of the time line and have found some.... inconsistencies that I hope you can explain.

1. If Link came back before he gathered the Goron Ruby, then at what point did he teach Saria's Song to the Skull Kid? Obviously, the Skull Kid knew the song before Link went back into the Lost Woods, because at that time the Skull Kid (under the power of Majora) brings Link into Termina.

2. Why was the Door of Time open for him to leave if it took the three Spiritual Stones plus the Song of Time to open it? I always thought that Link was sent back to the moment he drew the Master Sword, in which case the door would be open.

I have more questions, but those are the only ones I can come up with at this time.

@Duke Serkol

I've been thinking of the time line and have found some.... inconsistencies that I hope you can explain.

1. If Link came back before he gathered the Goron Ruby, then at what point did he teach Saria's Song to the Skull Kid? Obviously, the Skull Kid knew the song before Link went back into the Lost Woods, because at that time the Skull Kid (under the power of Majora) brings Link into Termina.
    I thought that the skull kid learned the song from saria and when he says link smells like the fairy kid he is referring to her. didn't he in the game refer to link as saria's friend?

To make that easier on some smarty computer people, if I right click "edit" on the thing to launch the mod, it gave me this:
    @echo off
    cd ..\..
    start kingdoms.exe @mods\Hyrule\Configuration.cfg
    Well... Hrmm.....

I don't really know what to say here. Maybe if I had experience with this launcher I could figure something out, but I'm away from my computer for the next week (currently using an iPad) so I wouldn't be able to do anything to help until I could get back to my computer. As my advice no longer seems to be helpful, then perhaps it would be best to go with the re-install method. Hope that works for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    I thought that the skull kid learned the song from saria and when he says link smells like the fairy kid he is referring to her. didn't he in the game refer to link as saria's friend?
    I will have to fact check that one but I believe that the fairy kid that played the song with him was Link himself. He said that Link had the same "smell" so I believe that Link and the fairy kid are one and the same.