Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

Hey...i just downloaded this mod...is there any expected release date for the campaign mode? I'm really looking forward to it...

Quote Originally Posted by martdiamond View Post
    It can't be verified by that; your THEORY (as it is just that, a theory) can be supported by a certain interpretation of some ingame evidence, but the same evidence can be used to support my idea and probably dozens of other theories and views on the subject.

You should be a little more careful with passing of your personal beliefs of as the one and only truth.
    There is no other way to properly read and comprehend what is conveyed in the quotes I brought up in my previous post.

Such as:
    "Ganon... This beast was once
    of the Gerudo... Once human.
    He was called Ganondorf!"

"A priest living in Minish Village. He
    speaks some human languages. He sees
    that Link is human with one look.
    He's a bit of a human enthusiast."

"These iron automata here were built
    by the Minish ages ago to help humans.
    It's kind of a secret, but there's a
    switch inside that turns them on or off."

And most importantly

"Well, this isn't good. A human
    doctor won't do, huh...

That old coot reminded me,
    though... I've heard of a shaman in
    Kakariko Village, in the Eldin lands,
    who's tended Gorons and Zoras."

Hylians are a race of humans (as are the Gerudo and the Wind Tribe). This is a fact. To state otherwise is no different than claiming that they might be twin-headed pink dragons.

That is all.
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; February 29, 2012 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlyDark View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Okay, because I might as well try to contribute again, now for a stalfos suggestion, because you aren't making them playable (Which irritates me to no end.) they should be fun to fight, at the least anyway. Now, according to the "Zeldaverse" stalfos are found most commonly in two places: The Arbiter's Grounds, and the Lost Woods. Because the Stalfos are obviously going to show up due to an event, it could work like this:
    1: Let's say the Gerudo start off with Arby's under their control, if another faction takes the grounds, the destruction they cause could awaken the nearly endless hordes of stalfos withing the temple, along with the Stallord and the redeads. They could spawn outside the settlement as quite a few armies, (Mongolian sized.) along with the added feature of more and more stalfos legions pouring out of the arbiters grounds over time. Because of the Stalfos being known as mindless killing machines, this could be disastrous for both the Gerudo themselves, or whomever happened to awaken the Stalfos. Now, most of you are going to say that a reasonable human player would probably never conquer Arby's for that reason, but think about it, the Gerudo are bordered by a bunch of the other factions on nephs map, so the place would be attacked, and possibly captured, eventually. Along with that, because the Gerudo are close to so many of the factions, The awakening of the Stalfos would pose a serious threat to the other factions, especially the Twili if they ever show up. *Cough* Their biggest advantage is made useless against the Stalfos. *Cough* This could also be an event to spur the Occa into action, because, you know, although they see themselves as almighty chicken men of DOOM, I really doubt they'd be unconcerned about a nearly endless horde of Ungodly monsters tearing Hyrule a new one. Note: For purposes of convenience, I refer to the Arbiter's Grounds as Arby's.

2: A similar event, on a less, world crushing scale, could occur if the lost woods rebelled against whoever happened to be controlling it at the time.
    I believe that Neph has something to that extent of #1 planned where the stalfos are spawned by some event and swarm across the land, assimilating the races of Hyrule into their armies. I think that maybe some cool scripting could be used so that the process could be slowed if the player put forth effort. like maybe the stalfos gain a specific, major port province and you get a event message that they are building ships (not war vessels like cogs. think more of merchantmen, rafts, and fishing vessels captured by the stalfos which are being taken to the said port for undead soldiers to make raids into the the nearby towns to make more undead). small amounts of stalfos soldiers appear in the close provinces. you have 15 turns to capture back the province before close coastal towns have stalfos armies spawn in them. I don't know how to script so i don't know if this would work but you get the idea. I want that inaction would actively help the stalfos's growth.

also put large post into spoilers please, maybe with a small explanatine of what is on the outside (stalfos emergence ideas for example). it frees up clutter.

I fear we've gone to far.
    When it comes to the Zelda community or two Zelda fans it usually goes way to far.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    The Gerudo are actually human, not hylians just pointing that out

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    I believe that Neph has something to that extent of #1 planned where the stalfos are spawned by some event and swarm across the land, assimilating the races of Hyrule into their armies. I think that maybe some cool scripting could be used so that the process could be slowed if the player put forth effort. like maybe the stalfos gain a specific, major port province and you get a event message that they are building ships (not war vessels like cogs. think more of merchantmen, rafts, and fishing vessels captured by the stalfos which are being taken to the said port for undead soldiers to make raids into the the nearby towns to make more undead). small amounts of stalfos soldiers appear in the close provinces. you have 15 turns to capture back the province before close coastal towns have stalfos armies spawn in them. I don't know how to script so i don't know if this would work but you get the idea. I want that inaction would actively help the stalfos's growth.

also put large post into spoilers please, maybe with a small explanatine of what is on the outside (stalfos emergence ideas for example). it frees up clutter.
    Oh, sorry, I'm a little new to the forums, so I haven't figured out how to use spoiler boxes yet, I like the extra ideas you've put up, how about this:If a faction suffers a major defeat during the Stalfos invasion, there could be a script to spawn a Stalfos horde made of units corresponding to that faction. For example: If the Gerudo lose a major battle, this will spawn an army of Gerudo Stalfos, ect. ect. If they aren't going to be playable, they might as well force you to fight for your life against the encroaching hordes of near unstoppable monsters.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Such as:
    Not to fuel the fires of this debate, and while I do believe the term Human is used in the way you think for those quotes from Minish Cap, the way it's used to describe Ganon fits how I see the original intent. I see it saying "he once had humanity", since right before that it mentions his race as Gerudo. According to you that would be like saying "Ganondorf was Jamaican, Ganondorf was Human." I believe Human was used there to refer to a state of being opposed to a beast. It's the same feeling I got in Twilight Princess when used to differentiate between Link's two forms. That's my basis for the use of Human in my mod anyway, canon Zelda is so inconsistent and incoherent that it could mean anything.

Hi, I have a question.
    Is King Farkos the zora king from OoT?
    I ask this because it is confirmed that his canon name is King Zora Do Bon XVI.
    Several things you could do are:
    - say this is a different king
    - give him the nickname farkos
    - rename farkos Do Bon XVI

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by rik209 View Post
    I ask this because it is confirmed that his canon name is King Zora Do Bon XVI.
    Stupid Hyrule Historia making everything more complicated.

Farkos will probably be his first name then, Do Bon will be the family name or something of that nature.

Ruto Do Bon...

martdiamond's Avatar Civis

@Duke
    Let's just agree to disagree on this since I suspect the others are getting a little annoyed by this bickering. Last thing I want to say about those quotes is though they are perfectly useable in your line of thinking, they can also be explained in another way. Very easily actually without making some big illogical jump. I guess we are on two different wavelengths there.

Oops posted the same post twice.
    Last edited by martdiamond; March 01, 2012 at 12:30 PM.

Pixelspeech's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Stupid Hyrule Historia making everything more complicated.

Farkos will probably be his first name then, Do Bon will be the family name or something of that nature.

Ruto Do Bon...
    Now Ruto sounds french to me

well, I know about his name because of hyrule historia, but I found out Eiji Aonuma already mentioned this name in an interview in 2007.
    Besides, in this interview he also stated he became really old and was Rutela's man. This makes Ruto and Ralis brother and sister. Of course this doesn't fit in your lore with the halfbree lanayru zoras, but it's still interesting

oops...
    Looks like I and martdiamond got the same problem
    Last edited by rik209; March 01, 2012 at 01:30 PM.

I have been having a problem when I start the mod, it goes through the intro, but the main menu says Medieval 2, and the zelda stuff in the backround, but when I try to do campaighn it goes "please selected something from the menu" and when I go to custom games it has all the original stuff, not zelda.

@nighttrader
    Try to go to Custom Battle directly after launching. Campaign isn't ready yet and accessing it before you do anything else causes problems.

@nighttrader
    Try to go to Custom Battle directly after launching. Campaign isn't ready yet and accessing it before you do anything else causes problems.
    (Wow you guys are fast), That didn't work, still had the original things, are the armies just skinned to look like LoZ or should the icons be LoZ

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrader View Post
    (Wow you guys are fast), That didn't work, still had the original things, are the armies just skinned to look like LoZ or should the icons be LoZ
    Did you install both the Core Files and version 1.0? It sounds like you only installed the Core files, which contains all the video and sound but nothing else.

Wow you guys are fast
    We have too much time on our hands

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Did you install both the Core Files and version 1.0? It sounds like you only installed the Core files, which contains all the video and sound but nothing else.
    I have the triforce crossair thing too, reinstalling the 1.0 now

I have the triforce crossair thing too, reinstalling the 1.0 now
    Reinstalled it, the thing that I click on in the "Kingdom Launcher App" to get it to work is "Custom_campagin" , and then it "works" Nothing changed when I reinstalled it