Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

Pixelspeech's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

Nice and simple flag carriers, I think they look swell.

Quebecman's Avatar Libertus

The flags or great Neph but if all the faction gona have those flags because they will be great.

Redmagpie's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Outlawstar15a2 View Post
    Game works fine for me.

Here's a list of things you need to do to get Hyrule Total War to run. In this order.

-Install Medieval 2 Total War
    -Patch Medieval 2 to v1.3
    -Install Kingdoms expansion (one campaign is enough I used the Crusades campaign but it's your choice)
    -Patch Kingdoms to v1.5
    -Download Hyrule Total War Core Files
    -Download Hyrule Total War v1.0
    -Install Hyrule Total War Core Files (Do this before 1.0 because if you don't Hyrule will not work and you'll just end up reinstalling it.)
    -Install Hyrule Total War v1.0
    -Run Hyrule Total War
    Installing Kingdoms auto-updates to v1.4 so you dont need to patch those

martdiamond's Avatar Civis

Great work Neph. Looking forward to more flag carriers

Quote Originally Posted by Baerke Hinn Gauzki View Post
    Random note - Doing multiplayer in this mod is quite fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Whao what the patch for the multiplayer came out! I looked on Moddb.com and their was not any patch yet? where might one find it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shika_mech View Post
    Whao what the patch for the multiplayer came out! I looked on Moddb.com and their was not any patch yet? where might one find it?
    If you have the Moddb version you also have Multiplayer. Just need to find someone to play against.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmagpie View Post
    Installing Kingdoms auto-updates to v1.4 so you dont need to patch those
    He'll still need the v1.5 patch as that's what the mod requires. So he can use the auto updater (I totally forgot about it) and then he can apply the 1.5 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by martdiamond View Post
    If you have the Moddb version you also have Multiplayer. Just need to find someone to play against.
    Oh so the custom battles are the next patch then? Well Ill be on late tonight if anyone wants to fight me in multiplayer Ill do my best

Baerke Hinn Gauzki's Avatar Senator
    I have absolutely no bloody clue. Somewhere in Sweden I THINK...

Quote Originally Posted by Shika_mech View Post
    Oh so the custom battles are the next patch then? Well Ill be on late tonight if anyone wants to fight me in multiplayer Ill do my best
    Nono nono..! You already have multiplayer, and have had so since just about immediately when the mod was released So just send a pm to someone if you want to battle them..!

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

I wonder if Multiplayer works between players who have the steam version of ME2 TW and those that have the non-steam retail version. They should be compatible (being the same game and all), but hey, you never know until you try. I would play multiplayer, but I don't even know if the game is making the connection properly due to the startup error I always receive telling me that the game cannot connect to the update server. I don't know if it means that steam is updating the game so steam is somehow blocking connection to the update server, or if I am having connection problems with the game. Right now it seems like ME2 Multiplayer is as broken as the Launcher for some Steam users right now (myself included) so I can't even attempt to play Multiplayer until this gets sorted out.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Icon8 Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    I wonder if Multiplayer works between players who have the steam version of ME2 TW and those that have the non-steam retail version. They should be compatible (being the same game and all), but hey, you never know until you try. I would play multiplayer, but I don't even know if the game is making the connection properly due to the startup error I always receive telling me that the game cannot connect to the update server. I don't know if it means that steam is updating the game so steam is somehow blocking connection to the update server, or if I am having connection problems with the game. Right now it seems like ME2 Multiplayer is as broken as the Launcher for some Steam users right now (myself included) so I can't even attempt to play Multiplayer until this gets sorted out.
    My launcher dosent work either.... Which means me and you dont get updates! YAY Which is what i was gonna post about. Anyone know else have steam that knows where to send the files after you unpack the zip files. I just send tehm to the main one but that dosent work. I think M2TW needs to be 1.6 where kingdoms needs 1.5 or something

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    I agree 100% with you on the idea of making the player learn new tactics with every faction. While it will make some really want to stick with a specific race, it will definitely broaden their experience in dealing with all sorts of different army compositions, not just another mix of spearmen, cavalry, and archers.

Using the same tactics against the Zora as you did against the Stalfos will not work quite like you planned. Nor would trying to use fast-moving flanking maneuvers with the Darknuts or a power-house strike with Deku plants be a wise investment of troops and time. I really do enjoy the variety in the factions. Variety is what makes mods so great.
    I agree to the diversity of factions as well, however by game mechanics I find that one army is "sorely lacking standardization" to put it lightly.

For example the Dark Nut legion is the hardest faction to play, soley for the fact that they are melee only. They have been buffed to spartan like status which is great since they have at most 20 units in a battalion. I noticed that they are amazing at one particular trait, which is assaulting cities and castles. However they are sitting ducks in a field fight, and worse yet they are incapable of defending cities. All the AI has to do is lay siege and not assault the walls.
    This forces 3 outcomes:
    1) the siege starves out the darknuts and results in victory for the siegers.
    2) The darknuts will sally forth into a field fight... not explaining why thats a bad idea as an all melee faction lol.
    3) The darknuts send in reinforcements as another army... leading to a field fight... which is still bad.
    Poor bastards don't even get a javellin throwing unit...

The main factions (hylian, kokiri, goron, zora, gerudo, and gohma) are all similar in aspect and all VERY well balanced. There are a few differences but none so much that they upset army balancement. Atleast these armies actually have cavalry, ranged and melee...

Of course i will have to say that neph has done an excellent job thus far in the game and that if I could assist in anyway I would be glad to help depending on the task at hand.
    Neph keep up the good work.

@darkflameknight
    The Gorons are far from balanced, in my opinion any balancing issues should be handled after the factions have full unit rosters. Since the addition of a single unit could totally disrupt the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by darkflameknight View Post
    I agree to the diversity of factions as well, however by game mechanics I find that one army is "sorely lacking standardization" to put it lightly.

For example the Dark Nut legion is the hardest faction to play, soley for the fact that they are melee only. They have been buffed to spartan like status which is great since they have at most 20 units in a battalion. I noticed that they are amazing at one particular trait, which is assaulting cities and castles. However they are sitting ducks in a field fight, and worse yet they are incapable of defending cities. All the AI has to do is lay siege and not assault the walls.
    This forces 3 outcomes:
    1) the siege starves out the darknuts and results in victory for the siegers.
    2) The darknuts will sally forth into a field fight... not explaining why thats a bad idea as an all melee faction lol.
    3) The darknuts send in reinforcements as another army... leading to a field fight... which is still bad.
    Poor bastards don't even get a javellin throwing unit...

The main factions (hylian, kokiri, goron, zora, gerudo, and gohma) are all similar in aspect and all VERY well balanced. There are a few differences but none so much that they upset army balancement. Atleast these armies actually have cavalry, ranged and melee...

Of course i will have to say that neph has done an excellent job thus far in the game and that if I could assist in anyway I would be glad to help depending on the task at hand.
    Neph keep up the good work.
    I'm pretty sure in the campaign, the Darknuts are meant to be played in constant Blitzkrieg mode, though that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotShazam View Post
    I'm pretty sure in the campaign, the Darknuts are meant to be played in constant Blitzkrieg mode, though that's just my opinion.
    They are the one faction who could never do lightning warfare. Artillery and bowmen are going to massacre them if they march across the field.
    I think that in Neph's desire to make them different than the other factions, he made all their units just better versions of the lower unit. Thus taking away the strategy of settlement development.

Quote Originally Posted by martdiamond View Post
    @darkflameknight
    The Gorons are far from balanced, in my opinion any balancing issues should be handled after the factions have full unit rosters. Since the addition of a single unit could totally disrupt the balance.
    Sorry for double post but I agree with martdiamond, no balancing issues can really be addressed until all faction units ate present and how numerous and easy to train compered to settlement delelopment.

Besides that, also the way the factions handle in the campaign is important. The Lanayru province for instance is very weak in custom battle, but their strengths lie in the campaign if you look at their description. Balancing is one of the last things you need to worry about. Opus just phrased it very well.

Baerke Hinn Gauzki's Avatar Senator
    I have absolutely no bloody clue. Somewhere in Sweden I THINK...

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar of the Ice Wolf View Post
    Well, if you do get those steam issues sorted out it works, I've played versus a few others in other mods so at least don't worry 'bout that
    And there ought to be some info on the other things as well.. Hm.. Meh.
    Either CA will or the players themselves will mostly fix it eventually so don't you worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    They are the one faction who could never do lightning warfare. Artillery and bowmen are going to massacre them if they march across the field.
    I think that in Neph's desire to make them different than the other factions, he made all their units just better versions of the lower unit. Thus taking away the strategy of settlement development.
    Which is the point, I think. When you strike, hit their cities and hit them hard before they have a chance to mobilize. If you do it right, then by the time they can mobilize, they've either been crippled or severely weakened. I'll agree that Darknuts are awful for prolonged war and defensive war, so you really don't have breathing room in between wars. You have to hit their cities right away, and avoid open warfare when possible. That's why I think it's fine as is, it makes you do things completely different. When you land the first blow, it has to be the killing blow (or at least a crippling blow) or else things are about to get hard.

huhuran's Avatar Libertus

I don't know how hard this would be to implement but maybe for the darknuts if you really want settlement strategy for themyou set it up at some point with two structures that can't coexist in a settlement one could be "the dishonored guild" which trains ranged units but lowers public order, the other building could train the next lvl of darknut melee warrior