Page 3 of 442 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Hyrule - Total War anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Alone Elf View Post
    Haha oops...Here try this one
    They still seem to be warping all over the place.

EDIT:

Edit: I actually did get them to work.... it seems whenever I open up the file to look at it in MS3D and then save it, it messes it up somehow. This time I just copied from the .rar and converted it to a mesh right away.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Any idea why MS3D might be messing everything up when I open the files? Also any ideas as to why my models look obnoxiously bright?
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; February 04, 2011 at 12:21 AM.

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

Zelda look's incredibly bad ass. great work

Melfice's Avatar Libertus

well all i can do is wish you good luck and on the bright side, your learning and trying to do the mod yourself rather than just posting the idea and buggering off, you've also done alot already and you only stared on the 27 January (my birthday) and it could be worse (like haveing an operation on your birthday) or trying to put the Kokiri wolf-riders in (which reminds me will the Kokiri have Saria)

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Jesus Syndrom... Check this thread.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ighlight=jesus

Now why are they so bright.... Normal Map file is the only thing it could be. Do a search on that and you will find some tutorials if you haven't already.

Great work keep it up.

y

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Alone Elf's Avatar Biarchus

Any idea why MS3D might be messing everything up when I open the files? Also any ideas as to why my models look obnoxiously bright?
    I can't tell you the answer, however I can suggest you use the program I attach below. It has never caused me problems.

The reason your models look so bright is because your missing a normal map. Also I missed a vertex while rigging, but I'll let you try to fix it.

Edit: damn...y2day got there first...

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Edit: damn...y2day got there first...

- Sorry about that. Figured the guy is doing pretty well, he deserved a little help.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Quote Originally Posted by y2day View Post
    - Sorry about that. Figured the guy is doing pretty well, he deserved a little help.
    haha thats why i helped him

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    the brightness is due to the normal`s alpha channel being to bright. the alpha channel of the normal decides the luminosity, it should be a really-really dark version of the main texture it self. generally only shiny details of metal parts and such ought to have some lightness to them.

stick-man syndrome. have you attempted to assign a vertex to more than 2 bones?
    if the answer is yes, then that is most likely your problem.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

stick-man syndrome. have you attempted to assign a vertex to more than 2 bones?
    if the answer is yes, then that is most likely your problem.
    AFAIK you can't assign a vertex to more than 1 bone...maybe you should clarify this...

you can use 2 bones, not 3.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Melfice View Post
    which reminds me will the Kokiri have Saria
    It's as if you keep reading my mind as to who I'm going to model next...

Normal Map
    normal map.
    I'll recheck my normal map and darken it at this rate.

The help really is much appreciated. As long as there's a decent tutorial on something I usually can figure it out after a few days. I'll get this assigning vertex to joints things down in MS3D right sooner or later...

Well its nice to know i am on the same wavelength of one of my favourite authors & game designers. and its nice to know that's Saria next cause she one of my favourite characters (also hows link going to be implemented) at the rate this is going we will be bouncing ideas back and forth off each other.

also the Goron Fire Warriors look great (and deadly)
    Last edited by Melfice; February 04, 2011 at 09:18 PM.

Patrician Artifex

also the Goron Fire Warriors look great (and deadly)
    Ahh yeah forgot to show the Goron here.

May I humbly present the Goron's main infantry unit... the Fire Warrior

And also a 3D model of Saria, one of the Kokiri leaders:

Don't let her small size fool you, underestimating these Kokiri would be a horrible mistake...

I think I'll start working on the campaign map now and come back to inserting the models into the game after a few days.

ah, Saria the Emerald Sage

(along with the Link question will Liyer be included and are you planing on making custom settlements (Hyrule) or sticking with the vanilla ones)(also will Mirora be included)

(if i remember correctly aren't your Kokiri about the size and age of 16 year olds (like in your comics))
    Last edited by Melfice; February 05, 2011 at 03:35 AM.

What modeling program do you use...

Patrician Artifex

ah, Saria the Emerald Sage

(along with the Link question will Liyer be included and are you planing on making custom settlements (Hyrule) or sticking with the vanilla ones)(also will Mirora be included)

(if i remember correctly aren't your Kokiri about the size and age of 16 year olds (like in your comics))
    I'm honestly not sure how I'll implement Link yet. If possible I think it would be cool if all the factions aligned with the Goddesses could summon him and all the factions aligned with Majora could summon Shadow Link. I'm sure Liyer and Mirora will show up somewhere sooner or later. Liyer might be a hireable mercenary.

What modeling program do you use...
    I use Maya 2010 to do my modeling these days.

maybe u could make an event for the player faction that lets u hire Link (the only problem i see is that if Link is killed then logically about 16 years would have to pass before he could be hired again) (what race will link be Hylian or Kokiri)

also have you considerd expanding the map to contain the termina region, cause u could have the goron tribe (perhaps a remanent of the goron empire) the zoras (another zora colony) the deku kingdom (deku tribe) and the Clock-Town Republic (which could be a Hylian-Human nation) and perhaps the Kingdom Of Ikana as a human nation.
    Last edited by Melfice; February 05, 2011 at 10:27 AM.

Patrician Artifex

EPIC news. With infinitely appreciated thanks to Alone Elf I finally figured out the issue as to why none of my meshes would merge with my joints. Apparently version 1.8.5 of MS3D corrupts attachments, so following Alone Elf's advice I got version 1.8.1 Here's the result:

I don't know why the textures on the weapons and shields wont work, but I'll figure that out sooner or later.

I don't know why the textures on the weapons and shields wont work, but I'll figure that out sooner or later.
    Thats a whole new topic. Basically at the moment you have one texture file. Now the problem is all your model's pieces assigned to the "figure" material use that texture file, but your weapon model and shield model are assigned to the "attachments" material which you don't have a texture file for at the moment.

Here's a tutorial on how to go about doing this. (Be prepared there is some text file editing required)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=83515

Note: that tutorial doesn't explain everything. It just explains that their are two types of files a model uses in M2TW. Now to help you further you need to understand how the modeldb works. The modeldb tells M2TW what texture files a unit model uses. Here's a tutorial on that http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hlight=modeldb

-elf

Patrician Artifex

Thats a whole new topic. Basically at the moment you have one texture file. Now the problem is all your model's pieces assigned to the "figure" material use that texture file, but your weapon model and shield model are assigned to the "attachments" material which you don't have a texture file for at the moment.

Here's a tutorial on how to go about doing this. (Be prepared there is some text file editing required)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=83515

Note: that tutorial doesn't explain everything. It just explains that their are two types of files a model uses in M2TW. Now to help you further you need to understand how the modeldb works. The modeldb tells M2TW what texture files a unit model uses. Here's a tutorial on that http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hlight=modeldb

-elf

Thanks I got the weapon textures to work. Everything seems to be going smoothly again. I managed to insert Princess Zelda into the game.... though I'll have to tweak her normal texture since she keeps showing up far too shiny... Also there's some weird texture warping on her stomach.... not sure what exactly I did wrong but I feel it has to do with joints.