Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

My final question is one that i've been asking alot lately.

Since Voice acting is out of the picture, and you shall be using text, can I assist by writing some speeches? Most of my spare time on my PC is looking at stuff on Zeldapedia, so I can probably just dive in and just pull zelda lore out of my hat and place it in. I'm doing a lot of writing now-a-days, since My projects are:
    Warrior Cat's fan-fiction (Actually quite a hard thing to write)
    A metroid fan-fiction (I don't spend as muchtime on Wikitroid as I do on Zeldapedia)
    And maybe this... So can I help? Part of zeldas fun is just speaking to charachters, learning their personalities. Also, you seem to be up in your neck in modelling, concept art and the like(-Like). Also, i'd be able to do all the armies, not just the kokiri. (If Saria is going to say a speech though, you should write it. She's your faveourite charachter right?)

PS WEill Mikua feature? Not as a soldier, but a diplomat/trader? And will Darmanu (Or his Hyrule counterpart) Star in the game? If you've already said so, sorry about asking, but I can't really be bothered to dig through 169/170 pages of text to find it.

PPS will the Turn-based portion run like M2:TW? Or will their be some diference?
    Last edited by Th3DarkPheon1x; October 27, 2011 at 12:38 PM. Reason: To add some stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Th3DarkPheon1x View Post
    PPS will the Turn-based portion run like M2:TW? Or will their be some diference?
    Really? I mean, really? I'm sorry, but that's a pretty dumb question. This mod is MII with different factions, units, and religions. I know there's a lot of programming idiosyncrasies that go into it, that's what it boils down to, just like Broken Crescent, Third Age, etcetera. The truly amazing thing about Hrule Total War, though, is that aside from our suggestions and my own concept art submissions, I have seen nothing that suggests a team effort here. In other words, Neph has come this far on his own. I cannot give enough rep for that, considering that Europa Barborum II (arguably the most-looked-for mod on here) has been in development for years by a large team, and has yet to produce a single working demo.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Neph, the Triforce is not a synonym of trinity, it's a relic imbued with the power of the Gods. That'd be like calling Catholics "Strict Holy Grail Worshippers".
    And thus my choice of words have indirectly proven that there is relgion in Zelda, even if it's never really pushed into detail.

My final question is one that i've been asking alot lately.

Since Voice acting is out of the picture, and you shall be using text, can I assist by writing some speeches?
    You are free to try if you'd like. Most ideas that I take and implement are ones that are proven to work for me I suppose.

Icon5 Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post

You are free to try if you'd like.
    Thanks. I'd better begin. Who should I start with?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Lancer 916 View Post
    Really? I mean, really? I'm sorry, but that's a pretty dumb question. This mod is MII with different factions, units, and religions. I know there's a lot of programming idiosyncrasies that go into it, that's what it boils down to, just like Broken Crescent, Third Age, etcetera. The truly amazing thing about Hrule Total War, though, is that aside from our suggestions and my own concept art submissions, I have seen nothing that suggests a team effort here. In other words, Neph has come this far on his own. I cannot give enough rep for that, considering that Europa Barborum II (arguably the most-looked-for mod on here) has been in development for years by a large team, and has yet to produce a single working demo.
    I wasn't thinking about it. I hadn't seen anything about the Turn based part, so I assumed it was going to be different.
    Also, I'm still waiting for mikua to be announced as a Diplomat/Merchant/Religion spreader.(Ever hopeful)

Toodles

DarkReborn's Avatar Libertus

We need an epic remix of MM's bremen mask song set as the Ikana culture march music, reason this:

And thus my choice of words have indirectly proven that there is relgion in Zelda, even if it's never really pushed into detail.
    I don't think anybody ever doubted that. It just doesn't seem to be something wars are fought over in Hyrule. Might be because the Goddesses are so present (with the Triforce, banishing the Twili, causing the flood etc.) that denying their existence is regarded as the same thing as... denying the existence of the sky, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkReborn View Post
    We need an epic remix of MM's bremen mask song set as the Ikana culture march music
    Oh! The Bremen Mask was supposed to work on only animals... further evidence that Ikanians were dogs?

Anyway, that's a nice idea

Libertus

I believe this was never a question. Those who suggest against using "religion" (i.e. me, Duke) do so because religion, although existent, religion have never been a cause of unrest in the Zelda games (for all the medieval thematics, 'religious war' never is even suggested). Meanwhile, 'cultural unrest' have been suggested and shown in the Zelda games, not to mention that should b more problem between population from another race then their leaders then of another religion.

Furthermore, your own idea has an obvious logical flaw. Having 'three Goddess a knowledge' as a single religion and different 'three Goddess worship' don't really make sense. In game mechanic it will means 'monotheistic' Din worshipers and Farore worshipers would get along with each other, despite believing in completely different Goddess, but would have a problem with who worship all three Goddess, despite sharing some level of worship.

At very last 'Din worship', 'Farore worship' and 'Nayru worship' should be different religions.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Oh! The Bremen Mask was supposed to work on only animals... further evidence that Ikanians were dogs?
    Apparently you can use to have the Ikanians to follow you in MM. I haven't tested it myself, though. (I should replay MM someday, so many things I don't know)
    Last edited by Heatth; October 27, 2011 at 01:48 PM.

You're right about the voice acting thing. It definitely seemed good at the time, but sadly I was sleep deprived. I'd rather stay true to the spirit of Zelda games.

But what amazes me is how much thought Nintendo put into its N64 games. I've had Majora's Mask for over a decade and never knew that you could make trick the Ikanas like that!

Icon4 Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

Gonna start with a General Hylian speech. If you want me too, I can make speeches for hylians against certain armies.

Icon1 Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

Here's the first Speech.
    The kingdom of hyrule
    “Fellow Hylians! We stand here today to do battle with those who oppose the power of the goddesses! These barbarians must be brought to justice. Before us stands our beloved princess, who shall lead us into battle! We shall not flinch! We shall not surrender. In the name of our king, and his father, and his father before him, we shall fight! In the name of the tri-force, we shall stand UNITED!” *Hylians raise their swords in reply* "Huzzah! *Continues until player presses start deployment*

I can make it longer, but I don't want players to get bored while reading. And most zelda games usually have a pretty interesting background (like Romanis explanation of THEM) wich makes players want to read.

Toodles

People, if you're unsure of making something, just do it. The worst that can happen is that Neph will say there's no place for it. Oh well. If its good, and he likes, I'm sure he'll be able to fit it in somewhere.

THIRD AGE: TOTAL WAR ROCKS!!!!!

Hi, i signed up just to give some suggestions to the Skalfos or any other undead army.

- There could be poes, that fling their lanterns of fire? Maybe they can be bombers for the army.

- The 4 Poe sisters. Maybe their could be all one hero?

OTHER SUGGESTIONS:

- Maybe once you have completed the campaign, you unlock a special unit/hero for all armies? Maybe the main Heros of the series etc. Navi, Zelda I - V, Saria, and so forth.

- For the Zoras, OCTOROCK! Maybe they can be ranged, and fire rocks! maybe the rocks can take down multiple units, or just stun them by knocking them over.

- I don't know what these will come under, but those Tiktak things. Maybe the water ones for Zoras and Mountain ones for Gorons?

- Maybe an army of wild monsters? Various monsters from the series, i can imagine the giant dragon from Dragon roost island XD

- For maps, maybe environments like: Water areas, like rivers. Zoras and other water creatures can swim in them, giving them a boost in speed and strength, or something like that. Mountains, Gorons can roll down them faster, and can roll bombs and king Dodongo! Maybe a map around the area near JabaJaba (Or whatever its are called >.>.).

Thanks for (Hopefully) Reading my ideas, and i hope some of them will make it!

I saw on youtube that link IS in the game. Is he a mercenary or something?

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Noblemen:
    High ranking soldiers loyal to only King Igos, Noblemen often served as his personal guards wherever he traversed. They were said to be so devoted to their King that they would go out of their way to kill anyone who was believed to be a traitor, even people in their own families. When Ikana was cast into Termina these individuals were cursed to be forever bound to Igos and perceive everyone else with distrust.

King Igos Du Ikana:
    The last King of Ikana, Igos was in charge of the Kingdom when the great civil war broke out. After a lifelong service to the Goddesses and rejection of Majora, Igos was devastated to see his empire falling apart before his very eyes, and cursed the Goddesses for betraying him and his loyalty. For his boast the Goddesses descended upon Ikana and cast it into Termina where it would remain in a cycle of endless civil war. Now recently freed from Termina, Igos has managed to temporarily stabilize his Kingdom and now pledges loyalty to Majora, whom has promised a reward for his people should he bring forth destruction upon Hyrule.

Captain Keeta:

Once King Igos's favorite captains, Keeta was a well renown leader figure in the Ikana army. When the civil war broke out however, Keeta was forced to betray Igos and ended up opposing him. This undesired betrayal became a willing hatred of Igos when Keeta was cast into Termina with the rest of the Kingdom. Now freed in Hyrule, Keeta has renounced the war against King Igos, though in Keeta's heart the throne is all that matters now in the end.

Garo Master:

His name a secret to all in Ikana, the leader of the mysterious Garo came forth to Igos and spoke of traitors in his Kingdom. His intervention is often attributed to the start of the Ikanian civil war, though in truth he was only given the seeds to the Kingdom's undoing. Trapped within Termina when the Goddesses plunged Ikana from Hyrule, the Garo Master has been caught in between the Ikanian civil war for an untold number of centuries. Now freed of Termina, he continues the plot he had started ages past before they were interrupted.

Time to make sprites for all 274 units in the game now... this is going to be one nasty weekend.

Here's the first Speech.
    The kingdom of hyrule
    “Fellow Hylians! We stand here today to do battle with those who oppose the power of the goddesses! These barbarians must be brought to justice. Before us stands our beloved princess, who shall lead us into battle! We shall not flinch! We shall not surrender. In the name of our king, and his father, and his father before him, we shall fight! In the name of the tri-force, we shall stand UNITED!” *Hylians raise their swords in reply* "Huzzah! *Continues until player presses start deployment*

I can make it longer, but I don't want players to get bored while reading. And most zelda games usually have a pretty interesting background (like Romanis explanation of THEM) wich makes players want to read.

Toodles
    I'd certainly like to help with some of the speeches too.

Wonderful work on Ikana
    Now I want them only more to be playable in the campaign
    +rep

Redmagpie's Avatar Libertus

I figured they'd find some solution to explain why the mythos of creation in Zelda was suddenly so different between Skyward Sword and OoT. It would just be outright insulting if they did not. I've noticed some other odd (some interesting though) things my friends that have managed to play Skyward Sword behind curtains have mentioned:

1) There's heavy sci-fi influence around halfway through the game.
    2) High tech mechanical drones in one of the dungeons.
    3) Unconfirmed on this one, but I heard that there are cyborg Bokoblins.

http://zeldawiki.org/The_Legend_of_Z...%27s_Menagerie
    Yea I had heard that too.... I wouldn't be surprised if this advanced civilisation was connected to the Wind Tribe from Minish Cap especially seeing as Skyward Sword carries over key developers from that game in the dev team.... And you say you're not sure on Loftwings cos of their design but what about the Rito.... They are IMO much better idea for inclusion than even the Labryann's (spelt wrong I know)
    So why aren't they mentioned as being planned??

love the ikana work keep it up

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

Ikana is one of the best factions yet! When can we expect a demo?

i have no experience with computers and i will sound like a noob for asking, but what do you mean by making 'sprites'?
    Droma: :Rosa