Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    Also, regarding Link, wasn't the idea to have it so Link would appear briefly when in desperate need rather than having him joining a cause?
    I think that would be far more difficult to pull off than just having him sign on to someone's cause. Just my opinion, though.

We discussed early that if we have a story driven campaign it would be total seperate from the normal one and would be like the fellowship campaign in third age total war.

THIRD AGE: TOTAL WAR ROCKS!!!!!

[QUOTE=Eleos;10483456]I don't think you are the first person to have the "gerudo Link" idea. Here is some artwork of this very concept.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I know, I know, the last one isn't a girl, but it is interesting nonetheless.

[QUOTE=Eleos;10483456]

Well, I got the idea for a Gerudo Link after reading on tvtropes.org that Link often falls under rule 63 because he is a legacy character. When i saw that the Gerudo didn't have a Link yet, I just thought about how the legacy idea could be exploited.

HOWEVER, thanks alot for mentioning the already existing artwork. It made me search for more on deviantart, where I was inspired/stole ideas

Not having given up hope yet for a female Link (or Linka, but I think Link isn't that gender restricted as a name) I propose this:
    I am assuming that Zora and Goron Link come from Link using the mask from MM after joining the faction. And since there IS a Gerudo mask in Ocraina of Time, this one could have gotten a Mayoraya upgrade and Link uses it to transform himself into a Gerudo for the sake of assimiliating himself with them, after he has been convinced that joining them is the best thing to do. Preferably after Ganon kicked the bucket. ... Unless Ganon is immortal in this lore.

Now I understand if people say that turning himself female is a pretty drastic thing to do only to get along better with some people, especially considering that Gerudo do allow outsiders to join them after they have proven themselves (didn't that happen with Link in OoT, it has been so long?), and a hero should have more strength of character than resorting to such things rather than bear some predjudice. However, considering that in other cases Link would be okay with turning himself into a half fish creature, from a species that lays eggs no less (anyone remember what happened in Futurama when Fry married a mermaid?) or in another case into a creature that is made of rock, so I highly doubt even has sexual urges anymore. Or a plant (Well, okay, if he was SPOILER FOR THE GERUDO WARS COMIC born by Saria in this lore, that wouldn't be unnatural for him SPOILER OVER). And the Gorons, being all about honor and close allies to Hylians and kokiri, would probably accept Link no matter his apperance.

Point being, I think in comparison being turned into a Gerudo isn't as weird as it first seems.

Aipe's Avatar Civis

I have an idea for the links.....

what if you do a crusade/Jihad like thing for the "good" factions and make link a mercenary only avilable to the crusade/Jihad i think this is a grat idea
    and make dark link for the "evil" factions

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

@Joschiking
    THAT WORKED! The intro plays now!!! +rep

@LordAmbler
    I've tried to do multiplayer games using services like Tunngle but for some reason my router stopped working properly. I'm getting a new one in 2 weeks when I move though and I'll try multiplayer again.

@PaulH
    The campaign will pretty much be like how they are in Total War. They are free form but storyline elements pop up that you can either follow or ignore. Naturally following the storyline elements leads to the factions' "proper" endings, but if you want to just take over the world there's no penalty for that. Granted everything is still in the conceptual stage for the campaign since I'm not sure of the limits at the moment.

@gaiachild
    There certainly have been stranger things in official Zelda games then a Gerudo Link (once again I point to Spirit Tracks for a dose of pure weirdness).

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    @Joschiking
    THAT WORKED! The intro plays now!!! +rep
    Alright, look forward to seeing it in Widescreen!
    Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    @gaiachild
    There certainly have been stranger things in official Zelda games then a Gerudo Link (once again I point to Spirit Tracks for a dose of pure weirdness).
    So... does that mean a female variation is a possibility? Because I've accidentally psyched myself up for making concept art for the Links (I'm working on a Labrynna version right now) and I would like to know what I'm working with.

When do you think the next version will be out? Given the development of the fairy faction, I figure I might as well hold off until the next version before I dive in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimarous View Post
    When do you think the next version will be out? Given the development of the fairy faction, I figure I might as well hold off until the next version before I dive in.

because there is only custom battles right now you should probably get it now to test the factions available

Patrician Artifex

@Ethereal Lancer 916
    I don't think I'll have a female Link. A Gerudo Mask in the mold of the transformation masks is plausible for me but I'm not sure if I'll go that far to include one.

@Kimarous
    I'm just running some tests on the next release right now. It should be ready in a few hours.

Since Link travels in time, why not just have him find the Gerudo first rather than the Hylians (i.e princess Zelda) in this particular timeline? Then the Gerudo would be the first "humans" he would happen upon and thus more easily be convinced to join their cause. Ganon would surely recognize him as the bearer of the triforce of courage and his potential use as an ally. Though this raises the problem that he wants ALL of the triforce and thus would surely kill Link rather than befriend him..

Another way is for the Gerudo to brainwash Link, as they are shown to do during OoT. Perhaps an Iron knuckle Link?

It'd be pretty awesome if the Gerudo Campaign started around the seven years Link laid in the Temple of Time; or maybe that could an awesome "historical" campaign"?
    Last edited by menguinman; October 19, 2011 at 05:11 PM.

[QUOTE=UndyingNephalim;10487089]@Ethereal Lancer 916
    I don't think I'll have a female Link. A Gerudo Mask in the mold of the transformation masks is plausible for me but I'm not sure if I'll go that far to include one.

QUOTE]

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fortunately that won't change how awesome this mod will be once its finished, though it is hard to be more awesome than it is already. So I won't bug about it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzor View Post
    Since Link travels in time, why not just have him find the Gerudo first rather than the Hylians (i.e princess Zelda) in this particular timeline? Then the Gerudo would be the first "humans" he would happen upon and thus more easily be convinced to join their cause. Ganon would surely recognize him as the bearer of the triforce of courage and his potential use as an ally. Though this raises the problem that he wants ALL of the triforce and thus would surely kill Link rather than befriend him..

Another way is for the Gerudo to brainwash Link, as they are shown to do during OoT. Perhaps an Iron knuckle Link?
    I like the Golden Knuckel idea (he should be top class) but shouldn't a faction have to do something to get link (conquer hyrule castle for the gerudo maybe) and not just show up because that would be unfair

UndyingNepalim will the AI's capitals have garrison scripts like in Third Age, and will the AI have infinite money as they do in Third Age?

Hope they will, it would be too easy otherwise.

wait, ikana is next! i can't wait to see how you can improve on the n64's graphics, especially on captain keeta

and will they have garo garo units? i don't think they should because in MM they said that they were opposing forces

Love this mod so much but im having an issue. Me and some friends DLed the mod and tried to do some multiplayer but when we try to join eachothers game it says its incompatable. Does the multiplayer not work or is this a problem on our end?

Quote Originally Posted by emperorganondorf View Post
    will they have garo garo units? i don't think they should because in MM they said that they were opposing forces
    Yeah, whether or not the Ikana are in the game, I think the Garo shouldn't be a unit of theirs but rather mercenaries.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Lordbuxton View Post
    UndyingNepalim will the AI's capitals have garrison scripts like in Third Age, and will the AI have infinite money as they do in Third Age?
    Hope they will, it would be too easy otherwise.
    I'll likely emulate things from TATW like that if a majority of people want them. (parsonally I like the ability to garrison.)

Quote Originally Posted by emperorganondorf View Post
    wait, ikana is next! i can't wait to see how you can improve on the n64's graphics, especially on captain keeta

and will they have garo garo units? i don't think they should because in MM they said that they were opposing forces
    They'll have Garos, but like the Dodongo's being allied with the Gorons there will be be a mutual reason for them putting aside their differences.

Quote Originally Posted by buddahxx View Post
    Love this mod so much but im having an issue. Me and some friends DLed the mod and tried to do some multiplayer but when we try to join eachothers game it says its incompatable. Does the multiplayer not work or is this a problem on our end?
    I personally have not been able to test out multiplayer because my router wont connect to anyone's game. Can anyone confirm if multiplayer works or does not?

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

yaay! after ikana is my favorite race the twili!!

BTW, has anyone done anything worth showcasing in minecraft?
    Last edited by quenya; October 19, 2011 at 06:33 PM.
    Droma: :Rosa

Eleos's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by buddahxx View Post
    I had the same issue and found the solution.

Do you have the steam version of M:TW or the disk?

The issue we had was that our mod directeries were named different things mine was named medieval_ii_total_war/mods/hyrule and my brother had his in medieval_ii_total_war/mods/Hyrule

The capitalization of my brother's mod folder was enough to make the mods incompatible in multiplayer.
    If you are using the Kingdom Launcher App then make sure to change the listing in there to be EXACTLY identical to your friend's.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Yeah, whether or not the Ikana are in the game, I think the Garo shouldn't be a unit of theirs but rather mercenaries.
    I heartily concur. Hear hear!

Quote Originally Posted by gaiachild View Post

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fortunately that won't change how awesome this mod will be once its finished, though it is hard to be more awesome than it is already. So I won't bug about it anymore.
    Don't worry. Someone can always do a submod that replaces that particular Link with a chick. You'd have to convince a willing modeler, but it can be done. I have to say I was somewhat looking forward to what Neph would do with a female Link, but hey, I'm sure whatever we get will be awesome anyway.
    Last edited by Eleos; October 19, 2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: grammar