Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

@UndyingNephilim

When can we expect the next demo?
    Droma: :Rosa

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Unless you plan to completely surround them with your force and bottleneck them to death rather then just charging at them.
    Which is impossible except during sieges and bridge battles. Hey have big enough unit sizes that they match a Hylian battle line in width, and they run and roll too fast to properly outflank them. In short, I find them impossible to effectively surround, and even when I pulled it off, I still lost the melee. I never "just charge" anything. There is no way to effectively beat them unless you've plugged up your end of the bridge/ broken gate with Darknuts. My ONLY successful battles against them. Yeah, they need rebalancing BADLY.

mate33's Avatar Foederatus

Neph you plan to add other factions?

edit:150 pages forum urgently needed
    Last edited by mate33; October 18, 2011 at 10:29 PM.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by quenya View Post
    @UndyingNephilim

When can we expect the next demo?
    Probably tomorrow if I don't get sidetracked

@Ethereal Lancer 916
    Maybe I'll record a game to show how to beat them, I've managed to defeat them with most of the races, usually by splitting my force into two groups, and placing them on the far left and right ends of the deployment zones. The AI never splits its force up so by the time the Gorons run into one group your other half can come in behind and surround them. If the Goron force ever gets too widespread before I've surrounded them I just keep spreading out my groups as much as I can so I can surround them.

Quote Originally Posted by mate33 View Post
    Neph you plan to add other factions?

edit:150 pages forum urgently needed
    Yeah I'm almost done with the Faries right now and then I'll probably move unto Ikana

@Ethereal Lancer 916
    Maybe I'll record a game to show how to beat them, I've managed to defeat them with most of the races, usually by splitting my force into two groups, and placing them on the far left and right ends of the deployment zones. The AI never splits its force up so by the time the Gorons run into one group your other half can come in behind and surround them. If the Goron force ever gets too widespread before I've surrounded them I just keep spreading out my groups as much as I can so I can surround them.
    I've tried something like that, but I'll try it again I suppose. Meh.

U don't understanded my question I asked if you plan to add a new tipe of faction (like the poes)

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Lancer 916 View Post
    Which is impossible except during sieges and bridge battles. Hey have big enough unit sizes that they match a Hylian battle line in width, and they run and roll too fast to properly outflank them. In short, I find them impossible to effectively surround, and even when I pulled it off, I still lost the melee. I never "just charge" anything. There is no way to effectively beat them unless you've plugged up your end of the bridge/ broken gate with Darknuts. My ONLY successful battles against them. Yeah, they need rebalancing BADLY.

No luck with Gorons, did as you said, they split off troops and held off my pincer, wiped out one side, then wiped out the other. That's WITHOUT ANY dodongo units or bomb throwers, just their infantry. The best Hylian army I could make just got destroyed AGAIN by a mob of Gorons. It's gotten old.

@ Kimarous

Lulz. Aint that the truth.

Perhaps if they didn't have such large units, something more comparable to Darknut numbers would be SO NICE right now.

my steam is downloadin the medieval and the kingdoms

and with my 2mgb net it will last forever

Aipe's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Lancer 916 View Post
    No luck with Gorons, did as you said, they split off troops and held off my pincer, wiped out one side, then wiped out the other. That's WITHOUT ANY dodongo units or bomb throwers, just their infantry. The best Hylian army I could make just got destroyed AGAIN by a mob of Gorons. It's gotten old.

Perhaps if they didn't have such large units, something more comparable to Darknut numbers would be SO NICE right now.
    well i agree with that , i dont know if some one remembers but long time ago i was complaining that i couldnt beat them with a zora army, i do now but i lose al my infantry in the process, i never tried it using a hylian army, but i guess that smaller numbers of gorons units would be better.
    Last edited by Aipe; October 18, 2011 at 11:10 PM.

Hey, Neph? I'm guessing this probably won't happen until you've gotten a few more factions done, but are you planning to do "We Fight For" banners for any of the other factions? Lizalfos, Deku, and Labrynna are missing, to say nothing about the incoming fairies...

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

This is how it's done:

And yes I'll make more banners when I think of something appropriate for them to fight for.
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; October 18, 2011 at 11:25 PM.

Hmm...

Lizalfos: "We Fight To Show Respect." This is based on how you described their culture: Regardless of their violent tendencies, the Lizalfos do not fight out of hatred or a need to conquer, they simply think fighting is a way to show that you respect your neighbor.

Deku: "We Fight For The King / Our Royalty" or "We Fight For Our Nuts". For the first, look how they act in Majora's Mask... 'nuff said. For the second, 1), they're the "comedy" faction , and 2), that's their core method of attack: Deku Nuts (you called them "Seeds" in your commentary, but I'm absolutely sure they're actually Deku Nuts).

Got nothing for the other factions at this time.

This is how it's done
    That's EXACTLY what I did, and it failed. It completely failed. ONE Goron unit held of HALF MY ARMY, my cavalry was useless in my attempts to break their backs, my soldiers completely wiped out faster than you can say "Do a barrel roll!"

How the hell did you just roll over them?!

*EDIT* Managed to pull it off this time, but only with 90+ % casualties. You make it look so easy.
    Last edited by Ethereal Lancer 916; October 19, 2011 at 11:31 AM.

Redmagpie's Avatar Libertus

If people are worried about the multiple Link argument surely that would be the perfect way to make use of the Four Sword's power?? It could be said that after splitting each of the Link's (numerated by the number of factions on the battlefield) had taken on individual choices and joining seperate factions....

Thus each 'type' of Link... Ordonian, Hyrulian, Gerudo etc, could have a part in its model that is coded by colour i.e. one would be Green, Blue, Red or Purple each with the garb of the faction they allege themselves too.

Good idea I think????

Baerke Hinn Gauzki's Avatar Senator
    I have absolutely no bloody clue. Somewhere in Sweden I THINK...

Having watched a few of your commentary videos I've come to this conclusion.. You are one evil bastard UndyingNephalim, in an amusing way
    Especially that laughter you have when things are going well... Epic videos indeed.
    And congratulations to having reached 180000 views

@Joschiking
    I tried making the main menu a static image and the intro and logos still refuse to play.
    Now I have the resolution:
    In you CFG file you must change "bypass_to_strategy_save = 1" into "#bypass_to_strategy_save = 1". Then your intro will play.
    Last edited by Joschiking; October 19, 2011 at 07:15 AM.
    The moviemaker of the mods 1648 and Hyrule Total War
    My Video Gallery with Shogun 2 Machinimas

Found out about this mod the other day, and I have to say the work done thus far is looking stellar! An intruiging concept and something which I also have envisioned for a long time, you have my endless gratitude for making this!

Neph, neph, neph, can we play online ? Say, can we ?
    I want to fight you.

Regarding the Campaign, I assume that the idea is to stick to the open plan Campaigns of the Total War games -instead- of doing a story based one? Reading the past few pages of comments has had me dreading an announcement coming mentioning a more story-driven campaign which would, frankly, be sh!te. I know I am being pre-emptive, but do remember that the game is called Total War for a reason, in that it allows you free reign to have Total War with whoever you like. If a story-driven campaign must be done, please wait till after a standard campaign mode is complete.

Also, regarding Link, wasn't the idea to have it so Link would appear briefly when in desperate need rather than having him joining a cause?