Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by Kimarous View Post
    I think he's less of a monoLinkist as a whole so much as that there is a single Link in THIS particular setting and that there won't be, say, Magical Armor Link facing off against his Rod of Seasons self.
    I, myself, believe that just one link is no good. I mean there are many heroes in different times so just because they look alike is not a good reason to have just one of them. because the time warp seems to draw people of great importance or prestige all the bloodline should be included (ocarina link is a ancestor to twilight link who is a ancestor to aLttP link). I mean unless links family tree doesn't fork then there would be many with the blood. so a faction fighting for total and complete peace composed of the heroes of time with the ones that had experience (had their own game) leading. You could make them kind of anti-free will if you want a grittier background.

Quote Originally Posted by Opus View Post
    I, myself, believe that just one link is no good. I mean there are many heroes in different times so just because they look alike is not a good reason to have just one of them. because the time warp seems to draw people of great importance or prestige all the bloodline should be included (ocarina link is a ancestor to twilight link who is a ancestor to aLttP link). I mean unless links family tree doesn't fork then there would be many with the blood. so a faction fighting for total and complete peace composed of the heroes of time with the ones that had experience (had their own game) leading. You could make them kind of anti-free will if you want a grittier background.
    I'm not saying that. I'm saying that IN GAME, there is only ONE Link entity and that there aren't multiple Links running around at the same time. On the other hand, it's completely possible that the previous Zelda might still be alive when the next one comes of age.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Very nice Lancer, very nice indeed!
    Thank you very much. I appreciate kind words, but I'm not that good.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying that IN GAME, there is only ONE Link entity and that there aren't multiple Links running around at the same time. On the other hand, it's completely possible that the previous Zelda might still be alive when the next one comes of age.
    but, they are different people. Sometimes separated by extreme distances of time and, well, distance. it would be like Hyrule has Link I he turns over to twilight an becomes link II. no sense at all.

but, they are different people. Sometimes separated by extreme distances of time and, well, distance. it would be like Hyrule has Link I he turns over to twilight an becomes link II. no sense at all.
    That's not quite how it works... Consider Schrodinger's Cat. An alternate plane exists for every action taken, with another possible action taken on each plane. I see this as more of one of these scenarios, Link is neutral until joining your faction, then assumes some of the culture of that faction. However, if he joins a different faction he assumes that faction's culture. It's not a case of the aLTTP Link suddenly spawning when OoT Link joins a faction, it's a case of how he presents himself really. Does he don the garb of a Knight of Hyrule or revert to his child's body and lead the Kokiri? It's really that simple, though I do disagree with it.
    What, does Link suddenly just come back fro the netherworld of Time and see what a mess he's caused, or does something that makes a bit more sense happen; like the existing bloodline becoming strong and assisting their particular choice of faction, though never reaching the same stature of the Hero of Time himself.
    But hey, that's just what makes sense to me. Like I've said before, it's Neph's choice.

Um... THAT is what makes no sense at all.

Zelda = Several individuals, generation by generation
    Link = One individual changing into different entities

Why would Link undergo a "numerical" change after a change of gear or mutation into another entity? If going by Neph's "Ganon is Ganondorf's manifested hatred" concept, are you saying that Ganon should be called "Ganondorf II"? That "Infested Mido" should be "Mido II"? That a Darknut who ascended through the ranks from an Initiate to a Divine should be a "Darknut VI"?

...That the only reason we're arguing is to get our post count up to when we can get a signature?

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Lancer 916 View Post
    That's not quite how it works... Consider Schrodinger's Cat. An alternate plane exists for every action taken, with another possible action taken on each plane. I see this as more of one of these scenarios, Link is neutral until joining your faction, then assumes some of the culture of that faction. However, if he joins a different faction he assumes that faction's culture. It's not a case of the aLTTP Link suddenly spawning when OoT Link joins a faction, it's a case of how he presents himself really. Does he don the garb of a Knight of Hyrule or revert to his child's body and lead the Kokiri? It's really that simple, though I do disagree with it.
    What, does Link suddenly just come back fro the netherworld of Time and see what a mess he's caused, or does something that makes a bit more sense happen; like the existing bloodline becoming strong and assisting their particular choice of faction, though never reaching the same stature of the Hero of Time himself.
    But hey, that's just what makes sense to me. Like I've said before, it's Neph's choice.
    didnt Schrodinger make that theory as a joke about a phenomenon that only happen to light at a atomic layer?
    I was thinking that after some time in the campaign the "brotherhood of time" would rise slowly accumulating those of the blood line capturing all temple in an attempt to restore order in the lands.

Why would Link undergo a "numerical" change after a change of gear or mutation into another entity? If going by Neph's "Ganon is Ganondorf's manifested hatred" concept, are you saying that Ganon should be called "Ganondorf II"? That "Infested Mido" should be "Mido II"? That a Darknut who ascended through the ranks from an Initiate to a Divine should be a "Darknut VI"?

...That the only reason we're arguing is to get our post count up to when we can get a signature?
    He's not muta- well, he's not mutating MOSTLY. With the Gohma he does, I'm sure, but otherwise he just adopts the dress and perhaps weapons of whatever faction he joins, it's not a numerical change in Neph's idea. In this case it's a single Link, who adopts the culture of whatever faction convinces him to join up. SIMPLE!

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Wait Neph, you're... a monoLinkist? Really? I thought they were extinct!
    Maybe I misunderstood..?
    I, myself, believe that just one link is no good.
    Yeah in official Zelda games I know there's more then one Link. I just specifically mean in the storyline of this mod there's only one Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal Lancer 916 View Post
    Roger that! Now, where did I *CRASH* dammit.

One sec..... AHA! GOT YOU!

http://etheral117.deviantart.com/art...rule-264132558
    Very nice suit of armor, it definitely has a Hylian feeling to it.

Wait a sec... you say that each of the Zeldas are the former's daughter, correct? Well, while I don't see her mentioned on the "to do" roster, the unit design picture on your dA account also has a "Mythical Princess Zelda" who isn't numbered. Where does she fit into this equation?
    The Skyward Sword Zelda was going to be some bonus unit that people would be able to get if they win a contest or something. I have no clue what contest I might hold though, or if Skyward Sword will make me want to use her more or less.

Link the first link the second etc and i would never stoop to so low as to make pointless arguments to get a banner. . . . i would just praise random modders. I am so evil

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Yeah in official Zelda games I know there's more then one Link. I just specifically mean in the storyline of this mod there's only one Link.
    Ah okay.
    Still, kind of weird to have so many separate Zelda and only one Link. But I'm fine either way.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Very nice suit of armor, it definitely has a Hylian feeling to it.
    Thanx alot, I try.

I'm sorry, is there ANY way that a Mac could play this game? Where can a Mac user download the kingdom expansion pack and this game? does anyone know?

torrents are still pirated games

mate33's Avatar Foederatus

i'm curious about navi

she will be a humanoid form or just a blue annoying fairy screaming
    -hey listen!
    ?

Ah okay.
    Still, kind of weird to have so many separate Zelda and only one Link. But I'm fine either way.
    I'm thinking it goes like this:

Link does time warp.
    This causes hyrule's history to get all screwed up.
    Hyrule's history kind of "re-starts", and major conflicts happen again. Zelda 1 ascends to the throne, then much later, Zelda 2 cmes in, etc.
    Link reappears. IE, he comes out at the time he specified to go back to...Everything is chaos. He eventually grows back to adulthood. He chooses a faction.

At least, that's how it makes sense to me. I don't think link will pop up under Zelda 1's rule, and stay alive until Zelda 5's reign. Even if he did, though, he's the hero of time. He can probably find some way to extend his lifetime.

Also: Possible idea for Lizafols link. He is eventually won over by their simple style of life. We then get a barbarian style link (little armor, and hugeass dragon-inspired sword). Feel free to use, or throw in the trash as you feel like, Neph! It's your mod.

torrents are still pirated games
    I don't thikn he's referring to torrents, I think he's just desperately begging for anything that would let him try this mod. Personally, I suggest investing in a low-cost hp that runs windows, That;s all I can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by mate33 View Post
    i'm curious about navi

she will be a humanoid form or just a blue annoying fairy screaming
    -hey listen!
    ?
    I'm hoping for the blue fairy. And I would KILL to have one of her battle quotes be "Hey! Listen!"

....I honestly don't know where all the anti-navi hate comes from...I really don't....

Quote Originally Posted by Aegix Drakan View Post
    I'm thinking it goes like this:

Link does time warp.
    This causes hyrule's history to get all screwed up.
    Hyrule's history kind of "re-starts", and major conflicts happen again. Zelda 1 ascends to the throne, then much later, Zelda 2 cmes in, etc.
    Link reappears. IE, he comes out at the time he specified to go back to...Everything is chaos. He eventually grows back to adulthood. He chooses a faction.

At least, that's how it makes sense to me. I don't think link will pop up under Zelda 1's rule, and stay alive until Zelda 5's reign. Even if he did, though, he's the hero of time. He can probably find some way to extend his lifetime.

Also: Possible idea for Lizafols link. He is eventually won over by their simple style of life. We then get a barbarian style link (little armor, and hugeass dragon-inspired sword). Feel free to use, or throw in the trash as you feel like, Neph! It's your mod.
    one major point of the background is that this isnt just a time travel but a time explosion (ordon province didnt exist while Zelda 1 was on the throne) the idea is possible but would mean a LONG campaign with a lot of unplayable factions

Quote Originally Posted by Aegix Drakan View Post
    I'm hoping for the blue fairy. And I would KILL to have one of her battle quotes be "Hey! Listen!"

....I honestly don't know where all the anti-navi hate comes from...I really don't....
    The shear quantity of "HEY LISTEN HEY HEY WATCH OUT LISTEN LOOK HEY LISTEN HEY LIS...." etc.

@ Opus
    Or a campaign unique to each faction. That's possible, too. Like, the factions that remain constant have campaigns that start in the 'early' stage, while Ordona and up-and-coming factions start maybe in the middle or late period, and perhaps run shorter and more violently.
    Last edited by Ethereal Lancer 916; October 18, 2011 at 08:05 PM.