Thread: Hyrule: Total War - Link to Subforums in First Post

Default Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Well since Fairies seem to have been influenced from butterflies I've tried to go more along the lines of insects. I think that's what they 'tried' to do in Windwaker by giving the Great Fairies four arms to sort of imply they were more insectoid. Granted they still look nothing like insects, but that's not going to stop me
    And I'm perfectly cool with that. Though I have to ask: what do you have against eyebulbs?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Mh... I like the design, but I think it needs a little more tinkering. The bottom pair of arms, I mean. They seem a little off. I think it's because you attached them a little too low, at the level of the stomach below (or at the very edge) of the ribcage. And it could also be the sharp initial downward curve similar to shoulders.
    Compare with the TWW GF:

The two pairs of arms are much closer with the bottom far above the stomach level and the "shoulder-like" curve isn't nearly as prominent (albeit still there, which I suppose it should).

I'm surprised you didn't make them black and with the "swirly tail". I'm not a fan of that, but wouldn't have objected to it.

BTW, how many variations can you have within a unit? I thought just two (because of the "red Moblins are female" thing) but I count at least three different hair colors among these guys. That's neat.
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; October 15, 2011 at 09:43 PM. Reason: typo

Aipe's Avatar Civis

yay windwaker great fairies

..... i say green and purple dont mix to much, maybe make a variation in armour?
    Last edited by Aipe; October 15, 2011 at 09:50 PM.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

@mate33
    Poes will be in the game I've just not found a place for them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    And I'm perfectly cool with that. Though I have to ask: what do you have against eyebulbs?
    I suppose I like the Queen Fairy's creepy bulb-less face. Technically they are not bulb-less, they are just blank eyes to make them a bit more bug-like.

BTW, how many variations can you have within a unit? I thought just two (because of the "red Moblins are female" thing) but I count at least three different hair colors among these guys. That's neat.
    You can have as many variations as you want until you hit the poly limit in MS3D. I think the highest variation count I have is for the Ordonian Farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aipe View Post
    ..... i say green and purple dont mix to much, maybe make a variation in armour?
    Maybe I'll have variations, though I wanted pink and violet to be the main colors of their army. Each race generally has an overall color that they use for their armor or uniforms.

Eleos's Avatar Civis

Those fairies are looking darn formidable! Just a little tweaking and I'm sure they'll be ready for battle!

Augh, that artwork with the tail... I really dislike it. It comes from a guide and not a Japanese one either. I wouldn't count it as canon.
    But anyway, you'll be happy to know that the River Zora are listed among Wild Creatures/Rogue Armies (along with only Dodongos and Kodongos, so it's safe to assume the River Zoras are the Rogue Army there) and Neph promised they'll get more than one unit
    I'm no fan of the tailed version either, and I sincerely doubt it is canon. But the whole idea of River Zoras in any context is pretty cool IMO. They totally need regular sized rock shooting octoroks in their ranks! (Think LOZ and Minnish Cap)

Speaking of the ability to breathe fire... Nephalim, what about Lizalfos? Shouldn't there be a fire casting unit of Dinalfos, similar to the Dodongos? (Dinalfos breathe fire in Majora's mask if I'm not mistaken... I can't remember another instance, but I'm pretty sure there are more...)

Also, it would be cool if Lizalfos used Snappers as peahat like units...
    Last edited by Eleos; October 15, 2011 at 10:20 PM.

Is there an approximate date for when the official forum is going to go up?

THIRD AGE: TOTAL WAR ROCKS!!!!!

VGF254's Avatar Civis

I have a new idea
    what about a fariy swarm a solder made of many small faries
    and how do faries spawn more? do they simply appear or do queens make them
    Last edited by VGF254; October 15, 2011 at 10:32 PM.

Eleos's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by VGF254 View Post
    I have a new idea
    I believe that is the idea behind the "fairy golem". If I'm not mistaken this unit is a large soldier made up of small fairies working together.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Mh... I like the design, but I think it needs a little more tinkering. The bottom pair of arms, I mean. They seem a little off. I think it's because you attached them a little too low, at the level of the stomach below (or at the very edge) of the ribcage.
    Not sure how I missed this earlier, but yeah I redid the arms anyway so it works out:

@Eleos
    I might have fire breathing Lizalfos if I can get it to work right,

@Sandesta
    I'm not sure how long it takes but the request has been sent out.

Quote Originally Posted by VGF254 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleos View Post
    I believe that is the idea behind the "fairy golem". If I'm not mistaken this unit is a large soldier made up of small fairies working together.
    Yup that's what the Golem is.

@mate33
    Poes will be in the game I've just not found a place for them yet.
    Just throwing ideas out there, but how about in the Ikana faction? There aren't that many variations of Poes and could help round out the faction's roster without getting too intrusive, the common purple variety could arguably be considered a disembodied form of Garo or somesuch, and there is a precident for their inclusion on account of Sharp and Flat (Poe heroes?) serving the Ikana Royal Family in life.

Alternatively, same case could be made for the Sheikah. Just as in Majora's Mask they served the Ikana Royal Family, so too did their OoT counterparts serve the Hyrule Royal Family. There's also a case to be made with a Kakariko Village Graveyard connection concerning Poes, plus they already have Bongo Bongo on their side.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimarous View Post
    There aren't that many variations of Poes.
    Possible Units:
    -common poe
    -big poe
    -imp poe
    -TP non-imp poe
    -ww poes that take control of you
    -babasu
    -white boe
    -black boe
    -boo
    -reaper poe
    -"them"
    -shadow hag
    -ghini

possible heroes:
    -composer brothers
    -poe sisters
    -jalhalla
    -cubus sisters
    -pumpkin head

I'd say thats enough variation for an entire new faction.

I'm also with Eleos about fire-breathing dinofols.

Neph could you please add more variation to the koroks? In the game they all have wood and leaves from a different tree, and yours are all the same.

I'm also with the idea of scrapping the skinny bulblin model.

will kokiri with saws be in the game? will dynalfos have axes? will boar riders be called bulbo riders?

maybe you could give king bulblin his own shield: axeand helmet

When I thought up the Golem that the Fairies would use, it was not a Golem made of many small fairies but a magical construct created by them to act as protection for the Ruins of Tarm. I imagined them made of Stone.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    When I thought up the Golem that the Fairies would use, it was not a Golem made of many small fairies but a magical construct created by them to act as protection for the Ruins of Tarm. I imagined them made of Stone.
    I kinda imagine not only stone, but general debris with a fairy in the middle of it's chest, like a gundam or something. Like, with the fairy's movements being mirrored by the debris making up the golem.

Is there any precedent for a golem type creature protecting the fairies in lore?

Quote Originally Posted by rik209 View Post
    I'm also with the idea of scrapping the skinny bulblin model.
    Totally agree!

I suppose I like the Queen Fairy's creepy bulb-less face. Technically they are not bulb-less, they are just blank eyes to make them a bit more bug-like.
    Well, I don't know which was your intention but apart from maybe th smaller fairies, these models look like they have gaping empty sockets where eyeballs should be. I suggest doing something to make their blank bug eyes more visible because I'm afraid Pyramid Head my show up at anytime if this continues...

At any rate, TWW Fairies have full white eyes. How'd you feel about that? I could be okay with giving them some luminescence too.
    You know, like...

You can have as many variations as you want until you hit the poly limit in MS3D. I think the highest variation count I have is for the Ordonian Farmers.
    Awesome

Not sure how I missed this earlier, but yeah I redid the arms anyway so it works out
    Yes, much much better.
    But you know, maybe the second pair of arms is a little too thin. Not a big deal, but I thought I'd throw that out there in case you want to try improving it further.

Alternatively, same case could be made for the Sheikah. Just as in Majora's Mask they served the Ikana Royal Family
    Wut?

Neph could you please add more variation to the koroks? In the game they all have wood and leaves from a different tree, and yours are all the same.
    I think he should fatten them up a little, and possibly make their heads a bit more squared with pseudo horn branches. But I agree, more leaf variations would be good too.

will kokiri with saws be in the game?
    Neph said he loves the idea, so they probably will.

I agree with the fact that the second pair of arms on the fairy is way too skinny. Would be better if it either had some armour at the start like the top pair or was just beefier in general.

mate33's Avatar Foederatus

Icon9 Re: Hyrule: Total War - Epic Legend of Zelda Warfare

i agree with the idea of the king bublin have his only weaponry and armor

edit:and the kokiri mido will use a kokiri sword and deku shield?
    Last edited by mate33; October 16, 2011 at 11:22 AM.

It would be nice if Mido ended up being a major player among the Kokiri seeing as he's got a freaking town named after him in AoL while having done virtually nothing in OoT.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

I liked the way you tried to mimic a glowing effect in the M2TW engine. Im curious about how will those four arms be animated. I also think you guys deserve your own forum. This is probably the most solid mod in the wip section.

Wow. Even though I have no real clue what I'm doing, or how to play this game, I like it.

The whole Zelda themed armies thing is keeping me interested even when all I can do is throw my whole army at another and pray for the best. That's a good sign.

Also, it's pretty funny to see gorons and deku shrubs charging at each other across a bridge...only for the shrubs to get bowled over and start running for their lives. XD

I cannot WAIT for you to get to the actual campaigns. I would LOVE to have a full real context for these battles.